Mercedes Benz E-Class AMG Full Exterior Correction (Part I)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
good day and good morning everyone, remember the next ride im gonna detail after the clinic? yes, its the Merc E-Class AMG. waited for a week and finally i get this opportunity to bring this car back to alive where its been suffering for months, a year perhaps? why suffering? will a car suffers? will the owner feel the same too? a car doesnt have feelings, she couldnt tell anyone shes suffering BUT she will SHOW it to the owner that her body is full of scars/swirls. when she show it to the owner, the owner eventually felt the same too. this prove that the owner is actually care about his car, he drives it everywhere, he cant get to a place without her, a weekly care should be carry out to maintain to its best condition. thats why i've been called up to rescue her, to bring her confidence back to where she is in the showroom waiting to assist a good driver/owner. this car been washed with ONR and wax with OCW for its reward after demo for the clinic last 2 weeks. date was set, i rush back after church service. prepared all the things i want then start inspect around her again and found..

sunroof

dust found everywhere after a long journey back from penang, the rims are also need to be detailed properly as well. i choose OPC dilute 1:5 for deeper washing and at the same time it can remove the layer of wax that i applied.

water beads after applied OCW

during the wash

no more beading

after OPC wash then move to the rims..

please note this is not a magic, you need some effort to clean the wheels with assorted brushes and a OPC.

sunroof cleaned

after a good bath/cleaining

looking good

wow, mirror finish yet? lets inspect with a proper lighting..

uh oh..

left fender

rear bonnet

wolverine's claw

wolverine combo-ed it

who is the wolverine? owner or chow chow?

light RIDS

rear bumper

after looking all the scratches, RIDS, swirls and other defects would you feel the same as her?

"no worries, i wont leave you till you're back to alive, time doesnt matter, the only matter is to bring you back where you are."

i taped all the area prevent the compound dust go in for a very serious paint correction

1st area, left passenger door. OHC + double sided wool 2 passes

50/50 are you feeling better?

before

after

left fender before

left fender after corrected

please note the haze is not swirls, is haze after compound

rear bonnet side

after corrected

wolverine'a claw before

after corrected

before

after

before

after corrected

after all the correction are done then i give her ONR wash to remove compound residue

and then polish with OHP + double sided polishing/finishing red foam pad to level up the gloss and clarity

and last Opti-Sealed and OCW for maximum protection. one of my favorite combo, both product spray spread walk off

before i proceed to the finishing picture i wanted to tell you guys that i didnt take much of the finishing pictures due to the rain, but do not worry, the end of the story will be continue. i have some here i took while its raining, enjoy it 1st

still not the perfect but no worries, nice things will comes at the end. wait for Interior Detailing Part II next week and also i have another serious paint issue to share with everyone, let me show you some pictures.

holograms aka buffing trials

please stay tuned for my next detailing journey and thanks for your time reading my another restoration works. :driver::driver::driver:

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
What a remarkable job my friend! I love that awesome reflections on the bonnet... And your narration is amazing! Haha.... :congrats:

You've really given this babe a second life...
Thanks for your sharing...

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What a remarkable job my friend! I love that awesome reflections on the bonnet... And your narration is amazing! Haha.... :congrats:

You've really given this babe a second life...
Thanks for your sharing...
thanks bro haha. yeap, sure it does. there is part II and also alot of pictures will post :biggrin:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Bro
i am also amazed where do u find all these strength to detail this AMG on Sun & Mon another e class, Yesterday Vios water mark & swirls remover & full detail of the E90 too

Saluting yr passion - dam sot sot liow

Keep it up buddy

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

I vote for the most extreme paint correction

wolverine'a claw before

after corrected

before

after

:adore: Champion u la

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

alooo...
how to make ur crome rims still shining? not 'crome celup'. i mean ori besi shining. need advise from every one.. lets share how u get ur love rims still beauty...all rim types.... black...gold..silver......

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience