Mazda RX-8: Review and Opinion

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Put your review of the Mazda RX-8 (incl. the New Facelift) here. Give new buyers some opinions or share the experience that you have with your RX-8.

Thank you.

Last edited:

RE_Amemiya

Known Member
Dec 20, 2003
Visit site
hey RE mates, im looking for a rx8, red/yellow n preferably manual with sunroof. saw the red one in motortrader 03/04 118k nego with bodykits but sadly an auto. issit advisable to do a manual conversion?
there's another 03/07 red 6speed going for 125k, any known infos?

some used car dealers (friends) keep asking me to look for something else, saying maintainance very costly.. if the type s model, all ori spec w/o mod, is the standard parts efficient enuf for heavy footed drivers? very keen on the car cuz i have owned 2 fc 13bt many years back and the rotaries r really somewat amazing, and a so called rear door for the rx8, huahahaha no more complains from my wife, lol.

any rx8 owners can note down some tips on maintainance? is the 6speed gearbox durable? any problems? issit better to get a non sunroof version? the car would be a daily driven car travelling from klang to sepang... how's the fuel consumption har?? dun wanna regret getting the car, later kena shoot99 from my wife, haiz, buy new car later summore nid service here service there...

Last edited by a moderator:

babyken

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
you live at klang? i have many frens drive RX-8 and sadly also auto... hehe.. lack of power, and lagg in gear changing... but with manual transmission the situation will be much more better, more hp more tourque...

but i wat i hear from frens/foreman...
manual transmission gearbox is not suitable for very very heavy foot... gearbox will break... and beside that.. when the time arrived... just like period for RX-8... will have something, a little or many (depends, maybe some luck) things will breakdown and have to change.
the issue is RX-8 to be more elegance family sport sedan, so the things will cost much much more than FD/FC, (if you drive a FD/FC)...

but overall the service and maintainence is quite cheap and affordable..... the styling is great and have four doors!! and dont have dog seat like FD.... aduh...

overall is.. my opinion... <-- if buy a manual rx-8... dont too heavy foot.:rofl:.. take good care... and it will be ok... cheers! :driver:

*correct me if i am wrong. thanks.

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
How much it cost?anyone here have tat car?mind show me?wats the difference?i know juz engine other else i duno about it,hey RErider i add u but none see u on9 at all?:driver:

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
you live at klang? i have many frens drive RX-8 and sadly also auto... hehe.. lack of power, and lagg in gear changing... but with manual transmission the situation will be much more better, more hp more tourque...

manual transmission gearbox is not suitable for very very heavy foot... gearbox will break... and beside that.. when the time arrived... just like period for RX-8... will have something, a little or many (depends, maybe some luck) things will breakdown and have to change.
the issue is RX-8 to be more elegance family sport sedan, so the things will cost much much more than FD/FC, (if you drive a FD/FC)...

but overall the service and maintainence is quite cheap and affordable..... the styling is great and have four doors!! and dont have dog seat like FD.... aduh...

overall is.. my opinion... <-- if buy a manual rx-8... dont too heavy foot.:rofl:.. take good care... and it will be ok... cheers! :driver:

u got n see at rx7club.com tat they talk about scynro for manual gearbox tat u will know bout it...study there make u know much more dun just say hard to maintain it,bro.:driver:

babyken

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
u got n see at rx7club.com tat they talk about scynro for manual gearbox tat u will know bout it...study there make u know much more dun just say hard to maintain it,bro.:driver:
bro, first at all, most of my friends drove RX-8, and before that i was viewing a few unit also, willing to buy, because i love RX-8 also, just let you know in case if you think i hate them. and actually i dont really unserstand wat you refering to?:hmmmm:

any miss understanding or wat? :bawling:

i didnt say RX-7 or RX-8 hard to maintain.... did i say that before? i say both rotary is quite cheap and affordable if you compare to Evo or Scoobies....... yes i wanted to buy a Scoobies before that but fail also....:banghead:

and i just only said that RX-8 parts and stuff is more expensive.. if compare to RX-7, and pls, RX-7 and RX-8 is not in the same categories of car, and RX-8 is not a replacement of 7... i didnt compare any thing but the fact is RX-8 really is quite expensive... my fren bring me along to many chop shop or Ah Choy there... and they really scratch their head for the price...

i plan to have a 8 if i get marry, due to two more comfy sit... i just say have to take well care, wat car dont have to take care???

as i remark : "Correct me if i wrong, thanks. "
why you so offence, bro? :bawling:
cheers.

Bump: and wat i mention "Manual transmision" there is not the gearbox cannot tahan.... is the "engine" of manual transmission....(for really extreme heavy foot) this is wat my frens and foreman told me....

Bump: and wat i mention "Manual transmision" there is not the gearbox cannot tahan.... is the "engine" of manual transmission....(for really extreme heavy foot) this is wat my frens and foreman told me....

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
bro, first at all, most of my friends drove RX-8, and before that i was viewing a few unit also, willing to buy, because i love RX-8 also, just let you know in case if you think i hate them. and actually i dont really unserstand wat you refering to?:hmmmm:

i didnt say RX-7 or RX-8 hard to maintain.... did i say that before? i say both rotary is quite cheap and affordable if you compare to Evo or Scoobies....... yes i wanted to buy a Scoobies before that but fail also....:banghead:

and i just only said that RX-8 parts and stuff is more expensive.. if compare to RX-7, and pls, RX-7 and RX-8 is not in the same categories of car, and RX-8 is not a replacement of 7... i didnt compare any thing but the fact is RX-8 really is quite expensive... my fren bring me along to many chop shop or Ah Choy there... and they really scratch their head for the price...

i plan to have a 8 if i get marry, due to two more comfy sit... i just say have to take well care, wat car dont have to take care???

cheers.

Ur fren told u is the rx8 gearbox or rx7?if rx8 i reli duno....
If u plan to buy a rx8 so juz buy it cuz seems u love it that those stuff expensive also dun mind for u seems u wanna drive it n pay for it....Try to know some ppl drive rx8 maybe they can give advise but me reli juz know some bout rx7 not so know rx8... Sorry for tat :burnout::burnout:

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL

hi, i tested a 2008 auto from mazda show room, jln ss222, the auto transmission really cannot make it, it jerks alot when you shift up / down above 3000 rpm ... don't know why ... at first i thought it will be like the new civic or toyota celica type, but this jerk really bad ... then i test VW golf GTi very smooth dual clutch transmission.

So i am getting a manual one soon .. eheh ... waiting for my customize nozzle from Borsch

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
hi, i tested a 2008 auto from mazda show room, jln ss222, the auto transmission really cannot make it, it jerks alot when you shift up / down above 3000 rpm ... don't know why ... at first i thought it will be like the new civic or toyota celica type, but this jerk really bad ... then i test VW golf GTi very smooth dual clutch transmission.

So i am getting a manual one soon .. eheh ... waiting for my customize nozzle from Borsch
So now the problem of RX8 auto transmission still dunno wat cost it?izit juz 2008 rx8 only got?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia

cheers.

RX7 is a sport car and RX8 is a fun car. For time being, aftermarket RX8 stuffs are still limited. And as the new facelift model already out (visually open the bonnet n see not that noticeable but it is a major changes for the stuffs in the engine bay and some from the braking and handling), so, I don't dare to say the future mod route will be brighter as time passed, but regardless how far it can go, it still can fight rx7. Because it is designed to be a NA car and everything is almost at its limit. If you are looking for those 400hp pulling feel, hope you are lucky to get a 1999 or later registered rx7, that still can get loan. If you are looking for a car that has reasonable power, looks sporty N sexy (not those 4 doors with bodykit), can fit in 3 passengers + a driver comfortably, get the rx8 then.

For the reliability, if drive like there is no more tomorrow :rofl: or slow like a 90 years old ah pek who cannot even see the road :slug: , the engine won't last long. You should look for the type R series, or S15 (parts cheap). Ops sorry, cooper S or new beetle should be better.

BTW, according to the rules, this thread should be only for buy and sell. Questions or doubts should be on other threads or make a new one. Sorry :wavey::biggrin:

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Continue from here.

Put your review of the Mazda RX-8 (incl. the New Facelift) here. Give new buyers some opinions or share the experience that you have with your RX-8.

Thank you.

Last edited:

babyken

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
RX7 is a sport car and RX8 is a fun car. For time being, aftermarket RX8 stuffs are still limited. And as the new facelift model already out (visually open the bonnet n see not that noticeable but it is a major changes for the stuffs in the engine bay and some from the braking and handling), so, I don't dare to say the future mod route will be brighter as time passed, but regardless how far it can go, it still can fight rx7. Because it is designed to be a NA car and everything is almost at its limit. If you are looking for those 400hp pulling feel, hope you are lucky to get a 1999 or later registered rx7, that still can get loan. If you are looking for a car that has reasonable power, looks sporty N sexy (not those 4 doors with bodykit), can fit in 3 passengers + a driver comfortably, get the rx8 then.

For the reliability, if drive like there is no more tomorrow :rofl: or slow like a 90 years old ah pek who cannot even see the road :slug: , the engine won't last long. You should look for the type R series, or S15 (parts cheap). Ops sorry, cooper S or new beetle should be better.

BTW, according to the rules, this thread should be only for buy and sell. Questions or doubts should be on other threads or make a new one. Sorry :wavey::biggrin:
actually my point is RX-7 for weekend,
and RX-8 for daily drive, two car is different story....
from handling, safety, perfomance, suspension, and comfy... it just two type of car...
just which one you need. if you can afford then buy both :rofl::rofl::rofl:

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
actually my point is RX-7 for weekend,
and RX-8 for daily drive, two car is different story....
from handling, safety, perfomance, suspension, and comfy... it just two type of car...
just which one you need. if you can afford then buy both :rofl::rofl::rofl:
See wat kind of car u love and u can maintain it with good condition than only u buy it,if not reli keep u going to workshop fix many stuff of it,u wanna buy 2nd car

syong888

Known Member
Dec 15, 2008
2009 Mazda RX8, fun car to drive and cruise. Sexy and practical car for daily usage.

Maintenance wise, comes with 3 years warranty or 100,000km. Service and maintenance will only cost less than RM8,000.00 during that period by authorized service center.

1,000km Approximately RM300.00
10,000km Approximately RM300.00
20,000km Approximately RM400.00
30,000km Approximately RM400.00
40,000km Approximately RM600.00
50,000km Approximately RM400.00
60,000km Approximately RM2600.00
70,000km Approximately RM400.00
80,000km Approximately RM1200.00
90,000km Approximately RM400.00
100,000km Approximately RM1000.00

:driver:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my iswara just got broken into last night.. some fucker took my LA amp.. well, i dunno if i can consider myself lucky because i guess that fucker didnt have time to take anything else notably my ss amp and player.. u know what that fucker took? he took one amp, my coin box, and my fucking school bag! with all my fucking notes in it! he left my calculator and pencil box behind but took my bag! what a fucking prick! i'm sorry for the foul language but im damn annoyed now.. never ever park ur...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience