Have a plan to buy a Mazda RX-7 FC3S....

Pajero 4D56

Oct 11, 2008
:wavey:Hi.....i have a plan to buy a RX-7 FC for daily drive + zoom-zoom.....does this car have any problem that should i notice for and how about it's Fuel Compsumption,full tank can drive how far befor the fuel light lit up:confused:

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Do search on sticky. Btw, blackhowling is letting go his FC do check it out.
Cheers.

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
:wavey:Hi.....i have a plan to buy a RX-7 FC for daily drive + zoom-zoom.....does this car have any problem that should i notice for and how about it's Fuel Compsumption,full tank can drive how far befor the fuel light lit up:confused:

As the sifu has said, read ALL the topics that have been STICKIED and you will learn a great lot on how to maintain the RE and upgrade it. Im also in the midst of refurbishing my car to stock and daily drive condition. Do all the necessary fluid, bushes and cooling replacements. Best to upgrade the cooling system before any further mods... good luck dude !

btw, blackhowlings car is suprb...just buy n drive ;)

Pajero 4D56

Oct 11, 2008
Thanks bro for providing such a useful info..... ^^

From your opinion.....How RX-7 FC maintenance cost if compare to RX-8.....will it be more expensive:confused:

blackhowling.....the black FC.....yea i know him.....i like it's performance mod and got 314WHP it is a good buy for only 45K.....but his bodykit like the rearbumper had mod too far already.....i want to buy the FC for a daily drive only,his FC like track car....got rollcage some more.....i don't want to kena tahan by uncle JpJ each time i drive through the road block:banghead:

Pajero 4D56

Oct 11, 2008
Thanks bro:wink:

But JB is quite far for me......im from KL:bawling:

But i need to figure out the maintenance problem 1st...... if compare to RX8,will the RX7 FC Maintenance cost higher than the RX8 as my brother own 1 RX8,only a O2 sensor cost him 1K ++.....i just can't afford that:rolleyes:

Thanks

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
its a good car but because its old minor things u may have to change each time...but either than that should be fine...knew a guy who wanted 2 sell his in kl...dont know if he still wants to sell or its sold...arun 35k i think...try calling him...0123289547

Pajero 4D56

Oct 11, 2008
If the maintenance just like normal car "eg.replace engine oil every 3K Km,brake pad .etc" it's fine to me.....but i don't want anything could cost me a bomb to replace like suddenly engine blow la.etc.....as i still a 18Yrs student only:rolleyes:

I really like the way it's perform,the way it looks and the way it's sound "u know la rotary note"...for being at 30-60K and 1300cc only,i can afford it but the thing i worried about is about it's maintenance and Fuel Consumption.....i knew it sound quite stupid for concern about Fuel Consumption on a sports car,but what i mean is like 300-400Km on a full tank is enought for me already:wink:

Cause when i see my brother spent for the RX8 maintenance and mod,i feeling sick already.....:stoned:

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
whichever used car you purchase will most likely require some form of maintenance/repairs to get it back running properly. Thats why its always advisable to get a reputable person to check the whole car and test drive it before purchasing it. It simply gives a good idea on how much you will need to spend after the purchase to get it running as per your liking.

Many FC and FD out there have been through some thrashing, lets face it, its a sports car so obviously ure gona 'tekan' da bugger. Point is to mod it properly to suit ure driving style and purpose of the car like weekend drive, track racing, daily drive etc.

From my experience and limited knowledge of the RE's Id say maintaining the FC is cheaper then the RX8 but dont take my word whole. U can ask the current FC drivers in here and they can share their experiences. Occasionally replacing some parts can be expensive as they maybe new and you cant get used but the part replaced should last you a great deal of time before requires replacing again.

If you purchase Bhowlings car, you can opt to remove the cage and replace the bumper to a model that you like. Its the same case for any other car too

Pajero 4D56

Oct 11, 2008
Thanks SideWaysGrey for providing a such useful advise....i m listening to it:adore:

I had browse for a while on the forum and google....i found Blackhowlings car is actually suits me....i mean the performance.....maybe i should consider to have a look on his ride some days:biggrin:

I like RX7 FC because the look of the body shape.....FD more like a track car.....maybe becoz of my low budget la hehe......the feeling of RX7 can give when the 13B receive the boost from the turbo,the RX8 just can't give me:biggrin:

I agree with the word says "RX8 would not replace RX7.....they just superseded it":biggrin:

Last edited:

Pajero 4D56

Oct 11, 2008
Mazda RX7 FC3S Maintenance question....FC owners please have a look^^

Hi....i want to ask about Maintenance cost for FC.....anything which are weak and need to replace at required intervals?

If compare to RX8,will RX7 FC maintenance be more expensive or cheaper than RX8?

Thanks^^

Ry0suke

Known Member
May 6, 2008
Hmmm.... from my experience of buying an FC... you can say I was conned in buying my FC xD

She was overpriced (45k++ for an almost stock FC O.o) and in need of major repairs (I was a total noob at that time and had no idea about the car condition whatsoever xD)
So my advice would be that you bring along someone who is proficient in Rotary (I guess your brother knows about it inside out^^) to tag along with you if you want to test drive any candidates or anything.

And be prepared to do some major repairs and re-wiring since an FC can be considered a grandad by now xD

Some of the major repairs that I had to do for the FC for my 2 years of ownership so far are:
-total re-wiring of the car
-engine changed
-rear axle changed
-chasis straightened
-LSD changed
-Clutch changed
-and a lot of tyre changed xD

Oh oh and its good if you can have a halfcut with you so that you have a spare parts in hand if anything major happens.
And so far the spare parts for the FC are not so bloatedly over-price... not bad la ;)

So good luck in your search... although trying to repair the bloody thing to its former glory can be a pain in the arse... but once the old lady starts rolling and the rotary roaring, it'll be all worth it.... it was for me anyway ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , does anyone knows where is the Mercedes Benz 3S Centre at around KL/ Cheras area ?

Cause i wanna find few ori parts for my SLK R171 ...

Thanks in any advance =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience