Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Still the ADM deal not confirm yet with no official news... Hope to see the back on him soonest!!! Might be a good player but with super low class attitude!!! Many reported that he is off to PSG for 44.5mil GBP with add ons, so hopefully this can happen real soon... Then Pedro side is all but ready to come in as many source said his deal is pending on ADM deal... And Barca might keep him until after 11th Aug Super Cup date as Messi and Neymar might be be fully fit yet... Hmm... Strange that why we care about that when we are paying them?! Haha...

Then DDG deal is almost done too with him going to RM for 25mil GBP!!! And Ajax Cillisen will be the replacement with around 20mil GBP... Cillisen missed Ajax ECL qualifier match as he do not want to be Cup tied! And Ajax said he was injured~ Haha... So its pretty clear what's happening!!! For 25mil, DDG can go with just a year left... Great job to the club and Ed Woodward for standing up against RM on this case!!! Stupid RM bid with just 13mil GBP weeks back~~~

Now, I just hope LvG will buy a CB!!! And yes, my target have been Otamendi!!! Experience, strong, young, quick, alert and most importantly he wanna play for our club!!! Other than him, Godin might be a short term solution!!! So, fingers cross!!!

Finally, our game against PSG - We lost the game 0-2 with 2 clear mistakes from Jones!!! A typical Jones on the day where he always made such mistake throughout the years with us!!! Hesitating, slow and clumsy~~~ =.=" Think he can be back up but never our 1st choice!!! Overall we played well but again failed to score~ Hopefully with this 2 points (center back and attack) clearly shown up, LvG will rethink about signing a world class CB and change our tactic from 4-2-3-1 back to the more effective 4-3-3!!!

Formation wise, its pretty strange to me that LvG switched to 4-2-3-1 from the proven 4-3-3!!! And omitting Herrera from the starting line up again is buffing~~~ =.=" Herrera have proved that he is a very useful midfielder in our team last season, and why LvG just do not build around him with his new plan and summer purchases?! Hmm...

Hoping to see ADM go soonest and it can happen today! So that LvG and the club can speed up Pedro signing~ Then the official squad no. will be announced soon after that too as the season 1st game is fast approaching this weekend!!! Yes~ Finally football is back!!! ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

On the other transfer, Rafael have confirmed that he is leaving us... Most possible is to Lyon of France~ So all the best to him as during his time with us, he was a warrior eventhough he always tackle or given fouls away~

Other than that, we might gonna sign 2 Pedro in this week~ Reports said ManUtd have bid for J. Pedro of Brazil U21 team... A Right Back that played in the U21 tournament with our Pereira!!! Hmm... Hope he is gonna be great!!!

Still no news on DDG and new CB yet!!! =.="

Just a thought, if LvG play Blind in the CB because he can control the ball well and play the ball out of the defence with vision, then why not converting Carrick too? More experience and taller! Carrick might have better passing range and he played there last season and showed that he can do us a job too! If... if LvG refuse to buy a world class CB, this might be just a way~

So, the new season have started and our beloved ManUtd begin the season with a home win too!!! 3 important points in the bag with a very average performance from the team as a whole... But there are many positive points from the game for us especially all 5 of our new signing have made a successful debut on the same day~

Here are the positive points:

1. Morgan Schneiderlin - He looks the deal~ Very handworking, tackles well, keep on pressuring on opponent when we do not have the ball and he shield the defence pretty well too... Need times to gel better with all his team mates but he will prove to be a great addition to our team especially in the midfield by adding the much needed steel~ Love the way he pressing hard, even on the final 3rd~ And he won a few balls there too~ Bravo!!!

2. Matteo Darmain - Another great performer on the day for us! He is so assure and solid on the right back position! Defending wise, he didnt put a foot wrong and always spot on with his positioning!!! Great that he have the energy and stamina to push forward and track back in the same time~ Going to be another super signing for us!!! When he was subbed out, Valencia got caught off position in 2 occasion which nearly cost us the 3 points!!! That's a big different!!!

3. Sergio Romero - A capable keeper with great reflexes and awareness!!! Before seeing him play for us, many negative reviews about him not being the 1st choice keeper for his previous club and his last club game was back in Nov/Dec!!! But he showed his class and capability in this game!!! All he needs to do is improve his urgency and ball distribution whenever he got a back pass~ Once he do that, he will be a good keeper for us!!! I think we are pretty much well covered in this area where we also see Sam Johnston played in the pre-season... Both can do well...

4. Chris Smalling - He is starting to grow into a good and dependable CB for us after last season improvement!!! Did really well on that day with few timely tackles and interception~ Positioning wise, he is improving well too... Hope he will be able to continue his maturity and growing under LVG!!! But he needs a solid partner~ From the very 1st game, Blind didnt seems like that partner for him... Still early, maybe with more minutes under his belt Blind will improve too... But i still think Carrick might be a better choice if LvG is to convert his midfielder into 1 of the ball playing CB... Else when Rojo is back to full fitness, Rojo will provide a bigger challenge... Still hopeful that we will buy either Ramos or Otamendi soon~

5. Micheal Carrick - After all the strengthening and spending in the midfield, Carrick still look the best bet for the player who can dictate our game and bring calmness to all team mates!!! His experience are too important!!! I got to say I'm surprised too!!! Carrick done very well!!! So hopefully he can help the new players gelling soonest possible and work as a unit~ We need him to start controlling the game soonest so that our attacking and defending will work as LvG likes to~~~

Our attacking still look a bit slow and disconnected... But 1st game in the season, all these are expected!!! With more players coming in possible, i think we will have a very strong season!!! Everything have to start from our midfield, once they work the attack and defending will improve too~

GGMU~~~

There will be a EPL game for us tonight 245am~ Against A. Villa away... We need to keep winning and collecting the 3 points so that it will give us a better chances to win the league this season... Great that LvG said there are no new injury reported, but DDG is again out of the team due to 'not being able to stay 100% focus' by LvG!

Although I'm not too into our latest 4-2-3-1 formation, if LvG think its gonna work then let it be... LvG said in his latest press, he might now be using Memphis on the left wing~ Great news for us all as the left side is where Memphis will be able to express most!!! Hopefully by doing so, it means Mata coming into the No.10~ Or restore Herrera back into the team and go back to the tried and trusted 4-3-3 with Mata staying on the right... Expect both Carrick and Schneiderlin to start in the middle again with Schweinsteinger on the bench... Other than that, wishful for a better and more commanding performance by Blind!!! Romero 2nd game for us, think he can do a good job for us...

As for DDG case, i fully support LvG! Thus far, LvG have said that he wanna the club to keep DDG... But DDG himself have not come out and make his intention clear~ To stay or leave, the club do needs an answer so that everyone can move forward! So benching DDG is the right move for me until the transfer window close!!!

Hoping for a 1-3 away win for our team~ And it will be great if Rooney can open his scoring account for us! We need him to feel confident for the whole season so the soonest he start scoring the better for everyone!!!

GGMU~

Another flat game, another 1-0 win and another 3 important points in the bag!!! Performance wise, we need to improve in few areas especially in the final 3rd!!! Darmain, Schneiderlin and Smalling shined for us in this very average game!!!

Memphis again, was too eager to impress! And he made lots of mistakes, most notably the sitter that he missed when being set up nicely by Mata through ball~ If that had gone in, it will defo help settling down his nerve~~~ Think Memphis just need to stick to the basic and boost up his match fitness more, then the goals will surely come for him!

Rooney was our biggest disappointment throughout the game! He hardly contribute anything to the team with his heavy touches, lousy passing and failures of ball control!!! Think Rooney got the lowest score for the last 2 games... This have to be improved!!! Just as many fans have voiced out, the club paid him GBP 300k a week and everyone expect the best from him~ If his excuses was he needs few games under his belt to be match fit, then why dun he have his own trainer during the summer break or cut short his break earlier to pace himself back to the start of the season? He is taking the club for granted for doing so!!! Hmm... To me, its very unprofessional!!! We blasted ADM, Falcao and Anderson for doing so, Rooney shouldnt have any special treatment!!!

On the positive note, both Darmain and Schneiderlin will gonna be very important players for us this season with the way they are performing!!! Both very hard working, good attitude and positional wise they are great in respective role~ With them in the team, our defending are more solid and stable as compare to last season... No silly mistakes from the middle and right side anymore~ Then Smalling have keep on improving and becoming a very good CB for us!!! Its his awareness and quick response that help keep us in the game... Bravo to him and great to see that!!! On the other hand, Blind still not fully convince me that he will be a great partner for Smalling... I really concern about his height and physicality as a CB... Yes, Blind is good with ball on his feet but when we face big striker in other games i doubt he can handle them... And i dislike the way Blind keep back passing the ball to our keeper... In some situation, its unnecessary to do so~

Schweinsteiger did well too when he came on to replalce Carrick... He control our game pretty good... Would love to see him more when he get into full match fitness soon...

Our overall play in the final 3rd have to improve! We need to move the ball faster and sharper in order to open up opponent defence... Then we also need players to run behind their defenders too so that the through balls from Mata can be more effective!!!

Next up will be ECL qualifying round against Club Brugge at Old Toilet for the 1st leg~ As usual, we need goals together with a water tight defending so that we can have a positive result to bring over for the 2nd leg~ This is a must win tie for the club in order to be officially back to the biggest stage in European Football!!! I have great confidence in LvG and our team! I do think LvG tactical mind and our strong team will do well in this season ECL~ In Europe, game pace can be slower but more tactical... So that's exactly what suit LvG most!!! Patient is always the name of the game~ Experience heads such as Carrick, Schweisteiger, Rooney, Mata and Smalling might help~ They know what to expect in ECL and that will be crucial for the team and LvG!!!

Expecting a good win that will finally kick start our season~~~ GGMU!!!

A good 3-1 home win over Club Brugge in the ECL Qualifying match 1st Leg~ Obviously the Man Of the Match is Memphis Depay, with 2 great goals that got fans jumping up and down again!!! And it was great to see Fellaini back with a headed goal too~ He is another important player for our team whenever we need to switch things~~~ Bravo to our overall play!!!

Performance wise, we improved as a team... We managed to score more goals now and moving forward with better attacking ideas... Memphis should have at least score a Hattrick, he missed a sitter that was being set up by Rooney, which heavily involved the improving Shaw!!! With almost an open goal at his mercy, Memphis skied his shot with a rush kick~ =.=" Apart from scoring the spectacular goals and able to dribble pass defenders in this game, Memphis still need to improve on his passing!!! On few occasion, his passing was baffling~~~ If he manage that too, he will be a very crucial player for us this season!!!

Again, Smalling and Schneiderlin have had another solid and impressive game at their respective position!!! Glad to see that as it gives lots of confident to the other team mate with such a performances by them... Hope they will continue to grow and become an even better players for us!!! Darmain and Shaw have done well too...

As for Januzaj, Mata and Blind, I hope they will fight harder for the team by getting involve more... They are a bit up and down at the moment... Need more consistency in their play with the chances given to them!!!

Overall, satisfied with the performance and result as Fellaini got us the very important 3rd goal~ And we rare given the opponent any clear chance too... Great! This is a sign of improvement for the team... Hopefully we will be able to finish the job on the return leg next week...

Ok, coming back on the transfer front!!! Pedro have gone to Chelshit now!!! =.=" Hahahaha... I kinda suspecting this would happen as the deal been dragging for some time and best of all, our club haggled about the fee!!! If LvG and the club is desperate, i think the deal will be done and dusted weeks back... Reports saying LvG have asked Ed to pull the plug on this deal without given any reason to the media... Many pundits think that Pedro is always the 2nd choice of LvG, and by pulling the plug, this means LvG 1st choice target is getting closer!!! Hmm... There are many rumors at the moment... And Best of them all is that Blind from Germany stated that ManUtd have bid Euro 85mil for Muller~~~ Wow~~~ Whether its true or not, we gotto move fast as the closing date is approaching fast!!!

If u asked me, if our transfer so far deem a success? I will say YES!!! We have bought in 5 players to improve 4 main areas of our team that really need strengthening!!! 1. Memphis on the wing and to contribute goals 2. Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger in the midfield to shore up our engine room with experience 3. Matteo Darmain on the right back to give us stability and height and 4. Romero as the future no. 1 for the team... And i have also said that i prefer the club and LvG to give more chances to develop Janauzaj, Perreira and Lingard over the signing of Pedro!!! Now, it's happening!!! So i have got no compliant!!!

As for the Saturday game at Old Toilet against Newcastle, I expect LvG to rotate his team a bit as he will keep an eye on the 2nd Leg of ECL... Schweinsteiger and Herrera to start for me in the middle... And i also think its time to let the likes of Young, Chicharito, Valencia, Rojo and Perreira to have a run in the team... These players need to build up their match fitness too... So chances need to be given to them, so that they will be able to reach the 1st team level~~~

Oh~ It was a very frustrating 0-0 home draw after waves and waves of attack that brought nothing in the end!!! Positive: Clean Sheet again for our defence! Bravo~ Negative: Clean sheet also for our attacking!!! =.=" Let Down: Memphis Depay - As he wasted lots of possession, bad final decision when come to passing, casual at times and still do not look 100% match fit for EPL... Rooney again drawing blank!

Defensively, we are very solid nowadays (yes, we have not play against any top team yet)... Defenders have improved a lot across the back line, they are more alert, quicker to react, solid, fitter, positioning better and work better too as an unit!!! This is a plus point for us this season if we can continue to be this solid... Smalling again is our stand out defender of all... Love the way both Shaw and Darmain are performing at the moment, but would like to see Darmain be more adventurous whenever chances allowed~ Shaw on the other hand, supported Memphis better in attack!

Ok, comes to the midfield... LvG have said he loves a 2nd striker more then a 3rd midfielder in the team, so its Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger that are our main man in the engine room... Agreed with some pundit saying Schweinsteiger is still not 100% fit and fast enough to perform his best, else he will be able to bring better attacking ideas into our team... Schneiderlin is doing very well for us where he help protecting the team while under pressure with lots of pressing, interception and tackling... Hopefully he too, will be able to push forward more whenever spaces are available...

As for Januzaj, he needs to understand his role more... He needs to support the midfield while we are under pressure or building up play... Then his passing need to improve as well as his decision making... Choose the right time to pass or dribble... The No. 10 role is not as easy as he have thought!

Memphis was very wasteful... He should have choose to pass more than keep trying to beat players around/outside the box... He needs to understand that this is a team game... And also at times, he look very casual with his play... And that will give fans a bad indication that he might be too arrogant! So hopefully LvG will take a note on this and talk to him...

Its a frustrating result but no panic yet as reported by all the medias~~~ Crazy!!! We are just 3 games into the season and they are trying to bring our team down as usual... We saw improvement on the fluency of play in this game... So next up is to finish the job by putting the ball into the back of the net!!! I believe we will be able to do so... I still think Mata can have greater influence on us if he can drift in more and exchange position with Januzaj during play...

On the transfer front with the final week to go now, we are linked to 3 players basically by the media - Thomas Muller, G Bale and Neymar!!! Hahaha... Will any of them really be available in the last week of transfer? Hmm... Of cos we as a fan do hope its all real and it can be happening, but logically saying, the chances are as low as ZERO!!!

But i do think Ed Woodward is working on something for sure... Hopefully he will have enough time to do his job and bring more surprises to us just like last season right before the window closes down!!! GGMU~~~

A good result for the team where we were able to beat Club Brugge away for 0-4 and qualified for the ECL now!!! Yeesssss... Now Adidas GBP 75mil a year deal is on!!! We could have score more but we made some careless mistakes and again, some wrong decision in the final 3rd~ Glad that Rooney finally open his scoring account for us this season by scoring a Hattrick!!!

To me, i think Memphis was the biggest disappointment in this game!!! Expect a better performance from him as he can do better than this~ Careless passing, easily lost possession and still doesnt look 100% match fit yet~ He do look a bit arrogant during his play~ Hmm... Hopefully LvG will be able to chop that off him... Expect to see a fully match fit Memphis soon...

Love the way we play in the 2nd half as Schweinsteiger was the biggest influence in the team once he came out for Januzaj~ Schweinsteiger was good in every aspect from positioning play, pass well, tackles, push forward, track back n etc... He could have had a goal too has he decided to shot instead of making a useless pass when he was through to goal!!! A 3rd midfielder in this system is way better than a 2rd striker in Januzaj, who were mainly ineffective and soft!!! Still a long way to go for Januzaj... Not a pretty performance from him again...

Once Schweinsteiger came in, Mata, Herrera, Rooney, Memphis and Carrick were all came alive again and played well... Suddenly all our moves were smooth and quick... So, this is the way forward for us... Hopefully LvG can realise this and stick back to the 4-3-3 rather than the slow 4-2-3-1...

Romero did very well again in this game where his quick and experience move, prevent us from conceding~ Bravo to him! If he continue to do this well, it will boost his, the team and the manager confident for sure~

Lastly, Chicharito have had a real bad game to forget!!! Even when he was about to came onto the game, his face look doom and tired!!! Too bad the pitch gave way when he step up for the penalty kick! Else he would have join Rooney for opening his scoring account too... Bravo to Rooney for giving Chicharito the chance to take the penalty kick! Then not long after that, Chicharito missed a glories and 1 of the easiest open goal just 5 yards away~~~ =.=" Hmm... Hopefully LvG will give him more chances to play, as Chicharito too needs to build up his match fitness soonest!!! In Chicha we trust!!!

Overall we played well and its an improvement from the Newcastle game cos we managed to get 4 goals... Hopefully the form can be carried on and the team will slowly hit good form and be at the top of the table by year end!!!

GGMU

Dramatic last day of the transfer window for ManUtd~ Drama after drama~~~ Hahaha...

Best of all, the collapsed of DDG moves to RM on the last minute!!! The documents were said to reach Spain side late~ Hahaha... So DDG will be rotten on the bench this season with LvG in-charged!!! Both teams will appeal to FIFA on Tuesday morning, where both sides are confident that they have all done the necessary steps to ensure the deal goes through!!! The deal is worth a total of GBP 29mil, GBP 19mil cash + Neylor Navas as part exchange! A good deal for ManUtd? Hmm... To me, it doesnt matter~ That amount of Cash to the club is nothing, and LvG will anyhow keep up with Romero btw the post so whether the deal goes through or not, no big deal~ But i would love to see ManUtd get 1 of over the arrogant shit RM!!! Hehehe...

Then, ManUtd have signed a Wonder Kid in Anthony Martial for a staggering GBP36 mil!!!! =.=" A Wonder kid? Yeah, We Wonder Who this kid is? We Wonder is this a joke? We Wonder is he good enough? We Wonder where this kid come from? We Wonder why is the fee so damn high? We Wonder everything about this deal~ Thus, a Wonder kid!!! =.=" Never really watch Martial play before, but was watching Monaco v Valencia just a day before the news broke out... Frankly, he never catch my eye on what he does!!! Nothing special~ But many reports compare him to Henry!!!! Haha... And D. Deschamp said Martial have got a very rare talent where he has got the combination of power and pace!!! Hmm... Hopefully this is not another Falcao~~~

On the other end, Chicharito have gone to Bayer Leverkusen on a permanent deal... Good luck to him... Then Januzaj left for BVB on a season long loan! Good for Januzaj, as he really needs to step up... From the given few games this season, he failed badly to impress!!!! And maybe LvG wanna him to be at BVB to convince Hummels?! Hahaha... Then T Blackett left for Celtic on a season long loan too... Hope he can improve else, sell him... Lindegaard have gone to WBA on a permanent basis too... Good luck as Evans and Fletcher will be a good mate for him there! And reports saying LvG might allow Wilson to go on loan too, possible destination will be either WBA or Spurs! WBA would be a better choice as he will be able to get more game time there... If Wilson were to allow to go on loan, will that means there will be another striker coming in? We look light weight there if both Chicharito and Wilson left... Hmm...

Ok, back to the lousy result last Sunday against Swansea!!! Another 2-1 away lost... Embarrassing!!!! To be honest, I thought we played pretty well until the collapsed due to individual mistakes and lapses~~~ Our midfield were good with Herrera in the no.10... Herrera were able to made few forward passes but Rooney wasted them all... Schweinsteiger is getting better and better now and with him back to full match fitness soon, he will be a great player for us... Schneiderlin have had another good game for me... Discipline, touch tackling and work hard... Both Shaw and Darmain have done well again too... Bravo!!! The main let down for me were Rooney, Memphis and Blind!!!

Rooney for missing 3 1 on 1 chances that the team presented to him... He failed to put any of them on target, let alone scoring... This is very unacceptable!!! He is slow to react!!! Memphis again looked like he is not very interested!!! Not fully fit as a number of his passes were so casual that they nearly put the team mates in difficult situation... What the F is he doing? As for Blind, hate him keep passing the ball back to the keeper unnecessarily!!! He is super slow, then because of that the targets of passing were being closed down, he opted to back pass to his keeper in the very last second!!! And this put lots of pressure on the keeper, especially on a wet night like this...

LvG need to sort this out... Hopefully Rojo will be restored back to the lineup, think that's the best partnership we can have or else, get Carrick in there!!! He is a much better option over Blind, if LvG loves a ball playing CB to be with the improving Smalling... Carrick have the height, physic, experience and trust!!! Then, Memphis should be starting on the bench and let Young start! Think Young can do a better job at the moment as he track back better and is more discipline!!! Rooney? He is undroppable by LvG!!! =.="

All in all its not too bad... If the team can gel together quicker, we will be great again soon... Looking forward to our next game after the international break, home VS Loserfool~~~ Good game to get back to winning way for us!!! GGMU~~~

Finally the transfer window for this summer have closed down~ And its a very satisfied summer for us at ManUtd with 6 signings and lots of departing!!! Our final signing is Anthony Martial from Monaco... No more other fancy names on a dramatic last day of the transfer... Very happy with the DDG situation too!!!

Ok, on DDG situation i truly think we came out on top over RM... I'm very sure that Navas will be as devastated as DDG do, as clearly RM doesnt rate him at all as they are willing to include him in the deal for DDG... So if Navas cant get his head right, it will be great show in RM!!! Hahaha... For us, we at least have got Romero btw the post!!! And i do think Romero can come good... Love the way he came out from his post quick enough to claim the ball, in which this is still very much DDG weakness~~~ So, Bravo to Ed Woodward and LvG on this to really pissed off Perez and RM!!! RM my balls~~~ Hahaha... As for DDG, its now all depending on him what he should and would do for the remaining year with ManUtd!!! Clearly, if RM rated him so highly why on earth that they only bid for him on the last day of the window? DDG have to re-think about his future!!! It will be great if he is to sign a new extension deal with ManUtd!!!

As for Martial, many have came out to voice their opinion on our latest signing!!! But to me, the opinion that really counts are those close to the club... And its been pretty positive so far... A potential great talent but we have to be patient with him... Just like Memphis and Januzaj at the moment, might be good for a game then disappear for the next few... Consistency is the main challenge for young players!!! Hopefully he will be fully develop under the guidance of LvG!!!

So, we do not sign any CB but letting go 1 in Evans... Great!!! I really hope that LvG will think about Carrick over Blind ( Slow and lack of physical size) and Rojo (if the so call burst up is serious)!!! And McNair will be our up and coming star in that position too...

Still have great believe in LvG and this team!!! If getting the right players in the right position, I'm sure the philosophy will work real well for us!!! So next up for LvG is to get the right players for the right positions!!! GGMU~~~

So the latest news is that DDG is at Old Toilet with his agent to discuss about a new deal with ManUtd, and the signing is imminent!!! Good to hear that~ I hope he stay and fight for his place again... But deep down, I'm sure DDG will insist on a release clause so that he can again leave for RM if the price is right!!! Fair enough! But hopefully that figure will be way above GBP 50mil!!! Fu*k RM, if u wanna our best player then pay the price for it!!!

Once DDG sign a new extension deal it will only be a great end to our summer saga! 6 players in plus DDG signing and staying on! Its a close to perfect summer for us~ Then Romero will have competition now to push each other to the maximum for the keeper job! Great for the club!

Coming this Sunday morning 1230am, we will be playing against Loserfool at Old Toilet! A big match for us at the moment after that super disappointing Swansea game... With the transfer window now done and dusted, really hope that LvG will get things right and pick the correct players in the right position for the 4-3-3 to move the club forward!!! Too many negativity surrounding the club at the moment, action will prove more than anything... Win this game in style and shut off those critics~~~

With Januzaj now gone out for loan, Herrera must start now!!! There is a concern where LvG might play Rooney in the No.10 and uses Martial as the No. 9!!! I hope not~ Stick Rooney as the main striker and let the expert in midfield to do their job... With Carrick having a minor injury, it will be great to see the Schmidfield again... Then hopefully Memphis will wake up and put on a great display to ensure the fans why the club paid so much for him... Mata on the Left as usual... It will help pinning their full back in defending position more often after what happened last time...

Then it will be a big decision btw Blind or Rojo in the else settled back 4!!! We need an aggressive partner for Smalling as Benteke is huge... Rojo will be a better choice for this game... But LvG is famous for sticking to his own choice no matter what happen... Then, I hope DDG start~

A must win game for us and we need to keep pushing the leader from the start as we do not want to be lapsed in far behind this early in the season...

Going for a 3-0 home win for us!!! Rooney, Mata and Martial (2nd half sub) to score!!! Hahaha... Fingers cross!!! GGMU!!!

A great great win with 3 important points in the bag against Loserfool at Old Toilet!!! Not a very tasty performance on the day but we managed to score the goals that brings the 3 points!!! Congratulations to Anthony Martial for scoring that superb solo goal on his debut by dribbling past 3 defenders to do so~ There are still questions to be answered in terms of our playing style and efficiency of it~

Positive:

- For all the possession play, we are defo a better team now to keep the ball whenever under pressure~ We have got 2 Rolls Royces in the middle of the park in Carrick and Schweinsteiger to calm things down and lead our young troops!!! Both them were excellent in opened up spaces with their passes and off the ball movement! The biggest advantage is both them do bring the composure we need to the team...

- Improvement on Blind display! I thought he would gonna be bullied off the ball by Benteke, but he had done pretty well with his smart thinking to deal with the physicality of Benteke... Scored a good goal and save us from a goal too!!!

- DDG back to the goal! It gives lots of confident to our back line and hopefully it will help stable the performances in the future... By doing so, hopefully it will help push Romero to improve even more in order to fight back for the No. 1 post!!!

- A. Martial looks strong on the ball by not easily being bullied off it... Great solo goal to introduce himself to the world and the ManUtd fans!!! But yes, i agreed that we have to be patient with him as he is still very young in 19 of age!!! Looking forward to see him developing well under our club guidance~ Think Giggsy might be able to pass him few tips too~

- Shaw is getting better and better! Look a great player now with lots of confidence~ Darmian is doing real well too! And we have got the best full backs in the EPL~ Bravo!!! Keep it going~

Negative:

- Memphis is a total let down!!! He has been bad for a few games now!!! Just do not know what have hit him~ He seems like losing his confident very easily, keep losing possession, cant beat defender, cant even pass the ball well, full of mistakes and look pretty lost at time!!! Think he was our worst player on the pitch!!! I would like him to be bench and let Young play ahead of him... Let him settle down abit, come on in the 2nd half... This way would be easier for him!

- Fellaini have been largely ineffective in this game!!! Not blaming him too much as he is playing as a striker... Need to improve his concentration and ball stopping!!! There were 2 occasion where his lapses caused him mis-control the ball thus the chance to shot on goal~ Think LvG will continue to play him up front against PSV this Tuesday...

- Herrera and Mata, both them havent really hit the ground running yet! Herrera still full of mistakes in his play and Mata still get pushed off the ball very easily... Have high hope on this 2 to start creating more scoring opportunities to the team as they are capable of doing so, just like they did last season... They need to hit form soonest so that the whole unit (the team) will be able to function better~

- Our playing style, we kept the possession pretty well but after that we do not have the final product! This is what concerning everyone~ We must be sharper and more adventurous in the final 3rd! Defensive wise, i think we are good... So we need to improve our attacking play by converting the possession into waves of attack... In Europe, i think we will be fine!!! Looking forward to a more fluent free flowing ManUtd play in the near future!

Happy with the win over Loserfool for sure but we need to improve on our attacking play as a whole!!!

Yeeessss~~~ Finally the ECL is back for ManUtd after 2 years of absent!!! And we are away to PSV tonight without Rooney! But frankly, in Europe I'm pretty confident with LvG and his team~ Think his way of organising the team is better suited to Europe than the quick pace all action EPL~

Surprised that James Wilson is still with the team and there is no true in him going to out for a season long loan! Great that he is going to Holland with the team together... Would be great if LvG give him a start! There are other few interesting issue to be settled: Young is going well but will LvG still stick back with Memphis as its against his old team PSV! Among the trio of Carrick, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, which of the 2 will start? Will will be leading the front line for us without Rooney? Will Rojo be playing?

Hmm... Exciting to know all the answers and cant wait for the game to start! Its not gonna be easy game in Holland but i think we have enough for the 3 points as I'm very sure LvG understand very well about Dutch opponent! So I'm going for a 1-3 away win for us~ GGMU!!!

Oh~~~ That's a very bad night for ManUtd with Luke Shaw horrible injury~ Hope he will be able to get well soonest!!! Everyone related to the club will stand by him through this tough recovery period!!! Stay Strong mate~

It was a bad lost for the team too as we dominated possession again and created enough chances to win it!!! But 2 stupid defensive mistakes and lapses, caused us the points~~~ To be frank, i think PSV look average! They were there for the taking but we cant make it count when we were in front~ We kept missing the opportunities to double up our lead... Bad!

There will be a few changes after this game:

- People were crying out for Herrera to start as he was 1 of our best player last season... But whenever he played this season, he disappoints! Didnt push himself up the the level that he is capable of... People want Mata to play in that No. 10 role, the position where he should fly! But he failed it big time in the PSV game... He cant have any direct influence on our attacking play at all... So, what's next for us and who is actually our best No.10? LvG keep testing on but so far no 1 is able to claim the position his own... Next up, play Martial as striker and Rooney back him up as No.10? We need to sort this out soonest in order for the team attacking play to flourish~

- I love the adventurous line up that LvG picked for this game but in the end it proved that if either Carrick or Schneiderlin is playing instead of Herrera, we would have at least have a point home! Schweinsteiger is real good in our engine room, but he defo needs a side-kick or capable partner beside him.... And that player defo not Herrera... Herrera is a more attacking type of player... His defensive positioning is not as good as the other mentioned 2!!! This, we need to solution too... Its strange that LvG is keeping Schneiderlin on the bench for the past 2 games... Hmm...

- Now with Shaw out, who should replace him without affecting the team rhythm? Shaw or Rojo? Shaw is good on the LB as he has proved it before but the problem now is LvG is keen to convert him into a ball playing CB! And he is slowly getting used to playing as Smalling partner~ As for Rojo, he clearly still need the match fitness... So would it better to put him out left rather than in CB, where his mistake caused us the 2nd goal... For my bet now, Blind -CB and Rojo - LB!!!

- Surprising to see Darmian made his 1st obvious mistake where his lapses in concentration in marking, allowed the opponent to head home the corner~ =.=" But no worries, after all he is a human and still a young player! What really concern me is the quality btw our 1st choice RB and the back up in Valencia~ Valencia looked very useless when he came on... Would it be better that we give more chances to McNair to have a go in the team whenever LvG decided to rest Darmian?

Overal, I'm with Scholesy where i thought we done pretty good in this PSV game... Saw quite a few encouraging signs - especially the combination play btw Memphies and Martial!!! If their understanding can develop well, think they will gonna be a real threat for other teams!!! Besides, Martial look physically strong and quick! Good signs~

Southampton away next, bring them on!!! Time to show our true color~ GGMU!!!

A great fight back to earn an important 3 points given that many of our rivals dropped their points!!! So its very important that we pick up some lost ground! A very inconsistent match where there were good and bad spells in it!!! Bravo to Anthony Martial for bagging a brace, infact a beautiful brace! With the right guidance, this guy can be a huge star!!! But there were some players still dreaming on the pitch without contributing much~ =.="

The Positive:

- Its a tough place to go nowadays and glad to see us fought back hard after going down with another defensive mistake goal~ We were bad for the starting 15mins but slowly on, we kept our shape and start to play our game... We won with 3 goals scored but yes, it was very much down to luck as well... Defensively, we still have a lot to do... Not sure if its because of the lost of Shaw that made it shaky, but few of them really needs to buckle up and fight harder~

- Martial brace and Mata goal! Its very important that we can score goals now as it breed confidence for the team... We have lots of possession as usual, but lack the penetration to kill teams... We need more positive and forward passing from the team and players need to do more attacking move in order to get the ball... Bravo also for the team effort where they managed a total of 44 passes before Mata putting the ball into the back of the net! Great to watch~

- Schweinsteiger is getting better and fitter! Really glad to have him in the team this season as he is a very experience leader for us... Just like Carrick, he calm things down and lead the team on with positive movement... Too bad that this time Carrick failed to do so, but luckily we have Bastian with us... He will be a big player for us this season~ Schneiderlin too, is getting the consistency the team needs... Keep fight~

Negative:

- Rooney again disappointed together with Memphis! Both didnt contribute much when the team really need them to perform! Its a very difficult situation for the team in terms of Rooney~ Play him as No. 9, he failed to score and perform... Now playing him as No. 10, and still he was almost non existent! Ok, he might just back from injury but his touches and passing were off!!! Bad~ As for Memphis, why his performance now as compare his time in PSV have been so different?! He cant even beat a defender now~ He seems very reluctant to do so, and most of the time chooses to pass the ball backward! Very negative~ And this made our play very boring! Would love Memphis to be more adventurous with his thinking~

- Most of the opponent managers were right, Blind is defo our weak link in the team~ As for this game whenever he was in the CB, he got over powered by Pelle easily... When on the LB, he was too slow to mark Mane!!! =.=" Its dangerous that the opponent teams keep attacking him with this kind of weaknesses he have! So after trying out so many possibility, the conclusion is Blind can only be suitable on certain games as CB where he can uses his brain and time to bring the ball out of the defence... Whenever there are pacy attacker or physically huge striker to mark, he is defo out!!! =.=" Just look at the past 2 games, how many times have our defence been breached because of him? Hmm...

But overall is happy for the 3 points in a difficult place~ Next up will be Ipswich at Old Toilet for the League Cup... Will LvG play some of his fringe players such as Fellaini, Herrera, McNair, Pereira, Lingard, Valencia, Romero, Young and Wilson or will LvG just bring in more youngsters for this competition from our youth set up? I hope its a mixture of experience and youth as we need to stay in the competition in order to produce more chances for them~

GGMU!

Glad to have another important 3 points with a win and glad to be back to the top after 2 long years!!! But the performance of the team still far from good and fluent~ As usual, the main weakness are - Memphis, Rooney and Blind!

If we need to be on top of our game, the mentioned 3 players (or players who are gonna come in replacing them) need to play well!!! Think we are quite sure the 4-2-3-1 gonna stay for LvG, as LvG still chooses to have 2 pivots in the system when we are against a bottom Sunderland at home!!! Before the game, i thought we should be playing a more attacking side with 2 attacking midfielders rather than 2 holding players in Carrick and Schneiderlin... So for Memphis and Rooney position as the attackers, we need them to perform well in all the games they play in... But so far, they have been very disappointing!!!

Memphis was a big let down at the moment... He came with a huge reputation where he was able to beat players, great dribbles, good skills with superb pace... But what we see from him at the moment, he is almost the opposite of that!!! Bad touches, lousy ball stopping, bad ball control, dare not beat player and look short in confident too!!! Hopefully with him scoring the 1st EPL goal, he will be inspired to do better soonest! LvG have been giving him lots of trust by starting him in most of the games this season, so its time for him to play better... Else Young should be replacing him as Young is more dangerous, a better team player and uses brain in most situation... Other than that Pereira is knocking the door loud too...

As for Rooney, running out of words to describe him... LvG insist on playing him whenever he is fit... So he play in No. 9 but failed and now No.10, and still pretty much very ineffective~~~ =.=" We need him to fire up so that he can inspire others to play even better... He is running out of time, if he cant do it there are many other options that can take over him in the No.10 role in the squad!

As for Blind, he needs to improve his defensive side of the game... He need to make sure he have ways to deal with big and pacy strikers in EPL, as that were clearly his weaknesses in the game... Yes, he made superb passes that opened up opponent defence and is great with the ball on his feet... But as a CB, his main duty is to defend well and do not cause any goal for the team... From the games he played in so far, its 50-50 for me... Against team that do not have big and pacy strikers upfront, he can do well... But when there are big striker or fast attacker around, Blind is 1 of our very obvious weak link in the defending unit!!! So that means he only suited to certain games, with Jones back to fitness now its good that LvG rotate them 2 for the best of the team!!!

Next up is Wolfburg at home in ECL and Ass-senal away... Huge games for us as both are must win match! We the mentioned 3 can perform well enough, I do not think we will have any problem getting full points from this 2 games!!! GGMU~~~

With Carrick out and Herrera doubtful, so it will be Schmidfield for ManUtd in tonight's ECL game against Wolfsburg! Valencia is being monitor over a minor injury too, but McNair have made his come back and train well with the team... So on the full backs situation, Young can slot in at RB and Darmian will resume his usual responsibility at LB~

Up front it will be Martial leading the line with Rooney backing him up... And they will be flanked by Memphis and Mata... Hopefully they will be able to find the right rhythm and score the winning goals that will kick start our ECL campaign!!!

I always believe that LvG tactics and system will be more suitable in Europe but against PSV, Shaw injury made a bad start and it affected the team... So we must win this game to start gaining at least 10 points to qualify for Last 16!!!

Wolfsburg will be a tough team but with their main players gone during summer, i think they are beatable!!! Stay discipline and move the ball quicker, then we will have a big chance to win!!!

Going for another 3-0 home win!!! GGMU~~~ Hopefully Martial will be scoring again!!!

Yes, we won!!! But what i like most is the way we fought back from a goal down~ And this will toughen up the team fighting spirit which will only be good for the whole team!!! We need to instill the winning mentality back into the team soonest possible! We have to show the world that ManUtd still have it in them~ Other than that, bravo to both Mata and Smalling, our best players lately!!!

Mata and Smalling are slowly getting into form now and they are becoming important players for the team... But we need others to perform in order to make the team thick!!! Again, Memphis was pretty disappointed again as he always lost possession and making the wrong decision in the final 3rd!!! As for Rooney, i do not know how can he missed that open goal in the 1st half when the ball reaches him... But he was better than Memphis in this game where he worked very very hard for the team...

Again, i think Blind really needs to toughen up as a CB... Still look very soft and a weak link for the team... Well done to Martial again as he shown his talent again! Bravo~

Next up Ass-senal away~ But confident is high for our camp where as The Gunners are facing problem internally as they are having bad spells!!! So, let's go for it and fight for 3 points again!

A great and well deserved win over Everton after an embarrassing lost to the Gunners last time out~ We played a faster and a more aggressive game against Everton after dropping Memphis and Blind to the bench!!! A great great move by LvG!!! Then Herrera was picked to play in that No. 10 role and he excelled~ Martial too, on the right wing, a master stroke by LvG as Martial totally dominated Coleman with his pace and trickery!!! Last but not least, our defending were up to par as well!!!

They were the few very positive points after that stupid lost to Toothless Gunners... Hopefully this will be able to continue so that the whole team can improve as a unit too...

- Herrera the No. 10! He did really well when picked to play at his best position - right behind the main striker!!! He scored 1 and managed to create another goal for Rooney! Bravo~ And his tireless run and pressing are his other advantages!!! Loves his awareness and quick responses in tight situation too... LvG should continue to play him there~

- Martial on Coleman! He totally controlled the right side together with Rojo~ Martial pace and trickery did the damage to Everton on the right side! Before this, Coleman was always a huge threat to us as wing back pressing forwards were 1 of the weapon for Everton... He gave us lots of problems before... But not anymore when Coleman was up against our Martial! Martial pace have pinned him back and without the wing back pushing forward, Everton is easier to deal with as there were no supply from the wing to Lakaku~ Then the sub of Lingard was of the same reason in the 2nd half! LvG wanna a player that can stick to the winger position more than Mata, who loves to cut inside from wide...

- The Schmidfield~ In Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, we were able to control the midfield better as Schneiderlin stamina and pace allowed him to push forward and tracking back in a very short space of time... Loves the way Schneiderlin do his defensive job as he is so determine and aggressive on that~ Real happy for him for getting his 1st goal for us!!! Bravo! Then Schweinsteiger experience is helping to dictate our game... He is calm and always give direction and instruction to his younger team mates... Its great that LvG should keep rotating him with Carrick but not starting both of them together in most games as pace gonna be a huge problem ( as exposed by Gunners)...

- Without Blind, Jones did real well as he look more solid, more physical and much quicker~ If he can stay fit, he should be Smalling permanent CB partner! Both them did real well in dealing with the pacy Lukaku... Then Rojo was doing great too... Thought he might be lacking match fitness as he have missed much of our season, but that wasnt the case at all!!! He look fit, aggressive and alert!!!

So with all this positive improvement, hopefully LvG will pretty much keep this shape up for the nexxt few games! Let the players build their rhythm and spirit!

Next up CSKA Moscow away~ Then ManShitty at home over the coming weekend!!! GGMU~

A disappointing draw away to CSKA Moscow after what we witness at Everton~ Strange that we are still very inconsistent at this point of time where the same players picked over 2 consecutive games can perform very differently!!! Or are they tired? Hmm...

Yes, the weather in Russia is very cold but i do not think it should be an excuses for the players for their inconsistent display... Again, we had lots of possession but it didnt bring us the right result that we are hoping for...

Jones was good against Everton but look clumsy again in this game... Schweinsteiger was controlling the game against Everton but look lost against CSKA... Rojo gave a good showing at Goodison Park but full of mistake in Moscow... Rooney didnt contribute much as he always does... Sigh~ Herrera look sharp last weekend but was clueless yesterday!!! Hmm...

Hopefully the players that LvG going to pick for Sunday derby game will fight with great spirit for the 3 big points that we so badly need~~~ GGMU!!! With the right players at the right position, I'm confident that we gonna win this game over ManShitty!!!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom