Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
i dont think its just those teams, but other smaller teams especially tend to get exited and they always bring their A-game when playing against us compared to other top table teams.

iirc city has yet to concede a goal yet this season, so id hope for a repeat of last season's 1-0 win which is good enough for me.

Jesus! We just can't get a break!

I know it is a combination of things that have conspired to cause what must be our worst start of the season ever, but COME ON!

Why did we suddenly get what I shall call the Arsenal Syndrome? Control of possession, good passing and movement but just complete inability to execute in the final third. Its either shite final ball, shite cross or shite finishing. For the 3rd game in a row. And to add insult to injury, City gets a goal via deflection.

I know the fixtures have been less than kind, I know we have injuries and suspensions to vital players but this is unbelievable! So please excuse me for letting out my frustrations.

In fact, I need a scapegoat. Actually I'll need several. What the fuck has Saha been doing? The club haven't paid his salary so he can sit in the treatment room for a decade. He's never fucking available. What good does that do? And what the fuck is wrong with the tactics? If you're going to play with ONE striker, at least make sure you get bodies forward in support when the ball is whipped in. Also, I thought we were supposed to play with more pace? Where the fuck is that? All I keep seeing is the opposition already with 10 men behind the ball when we get past the halfway line. What's the matter with Rooney's feet? Why does he keep getting these sort of injuries? What the hell is wrong with him? Finally, for fucks sakes refs! At the very least you can get the decisions right!

End rant.

Last edited:
well, i knew it was another of those days which i couldnt bare to watch, so i switched over to watch our youth cup victory, continuing to VH1 top40 Rockstar girlfriends and some good ol No Reservations.

frustrating indeed.

If i'm the board of directors... i would order Fergie to fucking sign a striker.. like Ruud. No offense, but we need a more clinical striker. We need it badly.

gosh man.. i reckon that this is really the worst start of the season. Tomolo gonna be a big headline that the champions crashed and burnt at the start of the season? we couldn't even get on a roll.. what more asking for a flying start. Damn!

I know this sounds like suggesting a panic buy, but we could very well use with a out and out striker up front right now.

This one striker malarky only works when you've got a battering ram up front like Drogba/van Nistelrooy. Otherwise you need 3 or 4 pacy forwards to stretch defences. We just don't have that at the moment. Last season we started with Saha, Rooney, Ronaldo and Giggs; and we scored goals for fun. This season, with injuries and suspension, we had a shortie striker up front, but strangely no support forthcoming. If Saha had been fit this would be a lot easier because he'll be able to pin the centreback further back and allow more space for the others to move into.

What do you fellas think? Because right now, we have lots of the ball but can't create clear cut chances enough to score. And the opposition all seem hell bent to defend to the death. This is the 3rd game in a row where our opponents have played fantastic defence all round.

i knew it would back fire for fergie to sell 2 fit strikers... so much of optimism. Now we only have Tevez.. adoi... and that was considered lucky. Imagine if we couldn't sign Tevez..... i think it would have been giggs playing up front with o'shea.

We do need another. Ole, although the legend that he is, is too old. We can only admit that he is well past his prime. Saha loves the treatment table more than the pitch. That means we only have TWO proper strikers who are dependable upon and one of them is out injured in the first game of the season. Tevez has just joined the team and isn't the type to lead the line anyway.

Yes we do need another striker currently. Fergie, are you reading?

1st of all, I would like to Congratulate Manchester United!!! De U19 tht is... For winning the CYC tournament!!! I view it as a great achievement, as this batch of players wil b de core of our tomorrow team!!!

Back to de 1st team... It was really frustrating n disappointing feeling after watching de game... Cant sleep for de whole nite~~~ :mad:

Everything is cool except de final 3rd of our play... V jus seems unable to put de ball into de opposition goal!!! What actually went wrong??? Even with de goal infront of him, Tevez managed to head de ball out during a corner... Sigh!!!

V hv been too wasteful n too fanciful infront of goal... Instead of trading passes infront of it, v shld hv shoot n tested de keeper... V need to b more direct!!! For me, Giggsy hv been pretty inconsistent throughout de game... He losses possession really cheaply sometimes... He shld b de head figure tht v r looking up to when things not going our way, but its frustrating to see him made few unforce errors while v r doing attack... Hopefully SAF wil b reminding him what he shld do better, n not let him b another "TUN Ryan Giggs", where he made mistakes v can question him!!! :biggrin:

Nani crossing hv been very cibai!!! Few times he ran into a good position but onli for his crossing to fail our potential attack...

Yeah, v lack de suppport while going forwards... V used to pour our attack towards opposition goal with pace, mayb de losses of Rooney n Ronnie highlighted our weakness at de moment...

De onli positive side for yest was de combination of SCholesy, Hangreaves n Carrick in de middle/center... It was really a joy to watch, how they break up opponent attacks n trade passes btw them b4 suppling de ball to our attacking players... Hangreaves need more playing time in order to get de understanding, cos few times i saw him n Carrick hving a similar runs n going for de same balls with other team mates... Very encouraging de way he played n he wil b a great great addition to de team... He can bribble, run with de ball, hv huge self confident n is a very solid player while challenging for ball... I didnt realised how tall n big he is until he stand side by side with Carrick... I always thought he is quite short! My bad!!! :embarassed:

My final Q wil b same as other members here: SAF, u really sure v dun need another Striker b4 de August transfer dateline???? Sorry to question u, but from de way v play i think v really need a big striker for our plan B if things jus went as de 1st 3 games go... A big target man who can always put his head onto our crosses!!!

My mood wil b sucky for de rest of de wk... And v r hving another tough game coming up against Spurs on Sun... Potentially another banana skin if v cant manage to finish our flowing football by scoring goals...

Sigh!!!

Last edited:
Its really bad for us... As de Chelshit, Loseverfool n Ass-senal r drawing, v cant managed to capitalise on it by taking advantage... Instead, v lost our game to SHitty... Fuck!!! It was tht bad... :mad:

well.. i did had a glimpse of the game for the last 10 minutes... owen does show the qualities he has in winning the ball in the middle of the park.

but like what silverfish said.. we're having what they called the "arsenal syndrome"

We cannot continue playing like this or we'll battling for relegation liao.. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! worst nitemare meh?! aijoh... i can't imagine manutd not in the top 4, probably battle in the mid table... loosing out EPL slot... noooooooo!!!!!!!!!

maybe i'm being too dramatic for the 3 games of the season, but this not a good way to start the season. Morale level would be all time low ... gonna be a tough season ahead. Hopefully the lads will be strong to put their heads up for the Spurs game. We just need one fucking win to boost this...

stormevo...

speaking of that.. looks like the city rivals are on the top of the table with 3 cleansheets. Thatz the wrong manchester club to be up there!!!

and how ironic that schmike's son is playing against manutd.. **signnn***...

Yeah...its all sorts of wrongness going on now.

We desperately need to score AND win against Spurs. Preferably with more than a single goal to restore confidence. We traditionally do well against them, so here's hoping it continues.

I thought Hargreaves did rather well, being his debut and not having the necessary match fitness and chemistry with new teammates. You can actually see what he will bring to the team.

it's gonna be a long and frustrating wait for us fan fr another week before the next game

but at the mean time, let's just hope SAF can use those time to put things into perspective.
Again we never really look like we were gonna score.
There was not many clear cut chances.

And i think all the smaller teams had found a way to play against us.
Which is to surround the ball with at least 3 players - and they anticipated our overlap run very well.

Next game against Spurs - Both teams are desperate and under huge amount of pressure.
Then against Sunderland...not the best fixtures eh?

argh.. for all u know keano will deploy hard tackling defensive play against manutd?

really la.. we're sounding more and more like the arsenal syndrome. Coz teams tend to crowd the final half the field or trying to slow down the pace of the game, thus affected manutd's gameplay.

If things doesnt change for the better of ManUtd n in very fast time too, v could end up with 5 games with onli 4 points or worst still 5 games with jus 2 points!!! :banghead:

Am really really sad~ Dun get me wrong, v played de right entertaining way but jus couldnt score!!! What de Hai had went wrong??? Hopefully all midfielders wil start shooting from distant if de same old thing happen again in de next match... V jus need to play more direct... Shoot kao de opponent keeper n make kao him work... Am sure with Rooney or Ronnie present, they wil jus do de same so tht when de keeper spill de ball others hv de chances to score...

Yeah, i got tht feeling too... Jus wanna to hv a break from Footies... Sigh!!!

C'mon guys, times like these are what being a supporter truly is all about. Its easy being one when the team's winning. When you're struggling, that's the true test.

Of course, this is nowhere near a full blown crisis (although it could if United don't nip it in the bud). We've had 3 bad results. But the team looks good and can only get better once everybody gets back.

What I'm trying to say is that this is not even close to what it was supporting United before the 90's. Right now, its more the sheer frustration of United not living up to expectations. Everybody was expecting to see United start off in dominant fashion, especially with all the optimism generated by last season's championship and the new signings. And then to endure 3 frustrating matches and only score one goal and 2 points really brought home the disappointment.

So, we have to manage our expectations and recalibrate it and start over. Get behind the team and the gaffer and think positive. We all love United after all.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom