Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Sigh!!! What a sad way to end his career... I means Beck!!! Jus try to look back in his peak time... He is 1 of de top players all clubs in de world would wanna... But now... Jus warming de bench for R. Madrid, not good enough for England anymore... And not many top club wil consider him now eventhough he willing to take de pay cut...

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
The thing about Becks that baffled me the most was how he managed to get so many crosses in during his career. If you look at his game, he isn't the toughest opponent to mark. Pace is not a hallmark of his game and neither does he have the ability to beat defenders on the dribble. Logic would dictate that if you were to mark him closely, he would not have time to get a cross in. Maybe it's because he had the luxury of playing in top sides with top players. His teammates helped create space for him by making intelligent runs and drawing defenders away from him. His career is surely coming to an end now and I doubt there will be any more dramatic twists in his chapter.

This is in no way an attempt to criticise but instead and honest observation. I've watched Man Utd play a lot over the years and he has always been in space. I've always wondered why he was seldom tightly mark and maybe it is because of the reasons cited above. The media also played a big role in alleviating his status, as they always do. Remember how they reacted when Rooney got injured just prior to the last World Cup? Heck, it was as though any shred of hope England had, were turned to rubble.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Quite rightly pointed out, Becks has always had top players around him during his time. And its not secret how he manages to whip in so many super crosses. His mates, Neville, Scholes, Keane has always played him into spaces. And thats the case even now. You see the way they play Neville and Evra into space and they just speed down the flanks and whip in a cross. Fantastic!

However, i do not agree that Becks has no pace. I mean he doesn't run like Ronaldo or Henry does but if you look at his workrate and the amount of running he does in a game, he's actually quite a hardworking fella. And he actually had decent pace. That is as far as during his time in Man Utd. But now, he's a bit slower but thats normal coz he's ageing.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
So can v conclude tht even with his name on de starting line up, it no longer scare de opponent like he did during his time @ ManUtd??? Yeah, he is a very hardworking player, but 95% of de players did de same... Except Le Tessier from Southampton last time... Hahaha... He is such a lazy ass.... :_: But he got superb skills n technic... Come back to Beck, i think he shld do what he did best... Go into movies!!! Hahaha... Or jus retire, he hv had enough $$$ for him to spend... Jus dun hope to see him transfer to a 'lesser' club n stil warming de bench for them n not doing much there... No disrespect...

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ManUtd is away to de Blades tmr... With no injury reported from de mid week international games, its a good newz!!! Jus hope tht all players wil not b too tiring n no 'hang over' from it... On paper, this seems like an easy tie for MU... But this r those matches tht can 'trap' u... Hopefully with MU usual game plan n tactics, v can take all 3 points no problem... My guess this time is 2-0 to ManUtd!!! :_: And hopefully West Ham can hv a draw!!! LoLzzzz....

As Neville claimed, for de next 2 mths MU is hving something like 16 matches in all, including EPL, ECL n FA Cup matches... So its always crucial come yr end n January... Always very hectic in terms of the schedule... And what MU got to aware of is de 'injury' n tireness!!! This is where MU need some LUCK!!! Its time to see how SAF do his team rotation during this period n how all players react n perform while being selected to play... Its a tough test for de team strength in depth!!!

V need new blood in de team come January!!! Especially upfront n midfield area!!! Report said Owen Hangreaves is MU main target again... But this time MU gonna use O'shea n Brown as a 'bait'!!! This really suprised me... Hahaha... I think Brown can b very useful to de team as he can play in all 4 position at de back as cover up... For me personally, he is more consistent than O'shea... Not too sure abt O'Shea... 1-2 yrs back I remember tht he said he was heading to Loseverpool... Mmm... Why not tread Silvestre instead??? Hahaha...

Ok, hope to hear from what u all think too!!! :_:

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
After twatting us at Old Toilet, I'm waiting for the return leg at Anfield just to see if the inferior Loseverpool can hope to at least earn a draw against your mighty team.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hehehe... I like tht 'Old Toilet' thingy... hahaha... Very Funny... But no offence taken... Cos v r all football fans here... Sure u wil hv de teams u luv n teams tht u hate (especially if u follow ur team closely)... Hehehe... :_: Yeah, looking forwards de return match to Anfield too... If this yr MU really wanna to b de title challenger, this r de places where they need to get de results... Wait for us ya~ Loseverpool!!!

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
It's not even a debate ler. In a debate you back your statements up with facts and reasoning. It also started with some friendly poking between stormvolution and I. Guess someone thought we were serious about it and decided to get involved. People should learn to pickup on sarcasm and humour.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I suppose you should realise that many people have a rather primitive sense of humour, especially in M'sia.

Possibly a reason why many people think I'm a bit of a twat.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Right...I suppose you would rather be having a conversation with Dreamerz then?

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha... This is funny!!! But for me its ok... Cos ppl wil hv thier own way of seeing things... Hahaha... Who knows in other football club thread, ppl wil say MU lousy n sucks??? :_: As long as v ourself take thing easy, so no problem la...

But i really laugh when i see de 'Old Toilet'!!! LoLzzzzzzzz... Must b damn stingy inside!!! Hope u dun mind oso Mr. Duke Red in what Dreamerz posted!!!

Lets enjoy our weekend with our football ya~~~

Blades 0-2 ManUtd!!! :_:

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Very simple lah, when you called us Looserpool, I've no problem so I decided to 'cucuk' back in a friendly manner lah. It's not personal so I wonder why some people took it that way.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Same reason why people think I'm flaming them or angry or other nonsense when I don't insert a million smilies into the post.

ekjozbuluh

Known Member
Apr 24, 2006
of course M.UTD la bro...
tonite got game
against SHEFFIELD
TIME 22:55 CH 82
dun forget frennn....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I have few questions to ask.
i.) will aircon gas gone if there is no leak at all in air con system?
ii.) where is the aircon sponge located?? how its look like? anyone got its picture, i cant search thru internet with tis word " air con sponge".

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Bump: to add oil to compressor, need to scarifice the air con gas?

Bump: to add oil to compressor, need to scarifice the air con gas?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience