Looking for trackcar resources

Speed Demon

Known Member
I'm in the midst of making a road-going car into a track car. So I'm looking for places/workshops which can do things like:

- Changing the windows to Perspex

- Installation of bucket seats

- Installation of fuel-surge tank

- Installation of rollcage

- etc

I'm located in Selangor, so please recommend places in the same state. Thanks.

Perspex glass: can bring ur windows samples to signboard shops (shops that sell signboards - i did mine at USJ1 - along the main road) most likely they can fabricate a set for u. dont forget that ur not allowed to change ur front glass based on FIA regulations and most local race regulations...

bucket seats: can just drive ur car to any seat shop (shops that sell car seats - those hobby/sscus seats - jln bukit kemuning got a few) they can fabricate mounts to install ur seat. cost around rm50-80 per seat.

surge tank: any workshop can install it. drill some holes and screw in nicely. if u havent purchased the surge tank, JFA exhaust can fabricate one according to ur specs n requirements. u might want to custom order some steel braided fuel hoses while ur at it. looks nicer and less chance of failures.

rollcage: exhaust shops like JFA, mie USJ1, x-factory can fabricate rollcages for ur car. price depends on quality of pipes used, and design. for example, circuit spec rollcage is more expensive than drag spec rollcage due to the complexity of the design... if u want to go rally worldwide, there is a specific ruling on rollcage quality, materials n welds. if u want to compete in MSS or MME, then a "convincing" rollcage will be good enough...

Thanks for the tips, especially the perspex windows. Yes, I will leave my front windscreen alone. I have not bought the bucket seats yet but I already have the surge tank. Rollcage will be coming in later once I have the budget. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom