LE club`

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
someone actually quoted me for a supercharged svt with high performance cams, etc... la di da... and also mentioned that he will do body strenghtening as well... basically the whole works...

So, is 7k reasonable? I have a mechanic in Penang who quoted me 3-4k for some levin engine... i really do not know what's best. I don't need such high performance cuz all i need is just a new and better engine which is reliable, sufficient power and good consumption.

the 16v also good engine, sufficient power, consumption oso i think ok...

4age 16v dohc engine....also high revving engine

here's some info on the engine...
can get from ae86, ae92('88-'89), aw11 na

so how alot of things need to be change ka...is it easy to get the tuning..juz eager to know..coz i also intent to do also...:adore:

To turbo charge Bt20 i roughtly hv some idea how do do it with minimum cost, but the engine internal and ecu dunno what need to be change.......

Guys, i need info...

1) What engine does the Levin use?

2) 4AGZE and 4AGE - What car does it come from?

3) Silvertop and Blacktop - Which is more reliable?

4) 4AGZE = supercharged? WHat car is it from?

5) How much should i expect to pay to kautim everything from engine to JPJ to etc?

I need to change my engine as it is gonna die soon. I would really appreciate all the help i can get. Thanks!!!

To turbo charge Bt20 i roughtly hv some idea how do do it with minimum cost, but the engine internal and ecu dunno what need to be change.......
Bro, I don't think turboing a BT is going to be any cheaper than turboing a 4AGZE. Basically, these few things is a must:
Turbo manifold
Turbine
Intercooler + piping
Custom intake plenum or throttle body (apparently 4 throttle isn't suitable for turbo)
Wastegate + BOV
Engine management (SAFC/E-manage or some sort of AFC)
Metal head gasket
Low comp pistons (4AGZE)

... without those, you're probably gonna blow your BT. Also, you might want to upgrade your driveshafts and gearbox to handle the power.

If it was a 4AGZE, you just need a turbo manifold, turbine and wastegate. 4AGZE's stock ECU will work with turbo at low boost. I've also seen some 4AGZE Turbo using its stock intercooler as well.

Anyways, I don't own a BT turbo nor seen any personally but those were just my thoughts and info. Good luck on your BT turbo build!

Guys, i need info...

1) What engine does the Levin use?

2) 4AGZE and 4AGE - What car does it come from?

3) Silvertop and Blacktop - Which is more reliable?

4) 4AGZE = supercharged? WHat car is it from?

5) How much should i expect to pay to kautim everything from engine to JPJ to etc?

I need to change my engine as it is gonna die soon. I would really appreciate all the help i can get. Thanks!!!
1) Levin (or Trueno) uses 4AGE 16V, 4AGZE 16V Supercharged and 4AGE 20V (BT & SVT)

2) 4AGZE Supercharged came from Levin/Trueno AE86 till AE101. As for 4AGE it can be found on many Toyota cars including Corolla GT, Levin, Trueno, Ceres, Carina and etc.

3) Both Silvertop (SVT) and Blacktop (BT) have similar reliability, but considering that BT was a newer model, it is better. Besides, I've heard a few SVT owners with problems that BT users seldom have.

4) Read no 2.

5) Expect to spend around RM5K to RM6K for full conversion. This goes for 4AGE 16V and also 4AGE 20V as the halfcut price for 4AGE is getting expensive. It will cost more if you choose to get 4AGZE or 4AGE 20V BT 6spd. As for JPJ approval, you only need to spend less than RM100 if you could do it yourself. Getting runners to do it will cost 3 times more!

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Bro, I don't think turboing a BT is going to be any cheaper than turboing a 4AGZE. Basically, these few things is a must:
Turbo manifold
Turbine
Intercooler + piping
Custom intake plenum or throttle body (apparently 4 throttle isn't suitable for turbo)
Wastegate + BOV
Engine management (SAFC/E-manage or some sort of AFC)
Metal head gasket
Low comp pistons (4AGZE)

... without those, you're probably gonna blow your BT. Also, you might want to upgrade your driveshafts and gearbox to handle the power.

If it was a 4AGZE, you just need a turbo manifold, turbine and wastegate. 4AGZE's stock ECU will work with turbo at low boost. I've also seen some 4AGZE Turbo using its stock intercooler as well.

Anyways, I don't own a BT turbo nor seen any personally but those were just my thoughts and info. Good luck on your BT turbo build!

Tq for ur info, will do more research b4 start the project.......

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom