Kelisa bolt on turbo....need sifu here...

EDSC

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.voltzers.rules.it
Hie...Tis is ask for my frend la....but i hav a kelisa also...
so i m interested on tis too...hehe..

First of all , the exhaust mainford for the turbo...where do i get it ? or custom made ? or i can get L2 mainford modified a bit to suitable for Kelisa ?

Secondly, choice for turbine...TD04 is about wat price ? hmm.....i remember is 300+ but any turbine more suitable for kelisa bolt on ?

Besides, the turbo timer , gauge n bla bla bla....The end is the Ecu ..do i need a piggyback Ecu to support or jus use Apexi SAFC ?.....

I need all ur suggestion b4 i tell these all to my fren ......thx alot man...:shades_smile:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
there is someone selling the BOT Kit for k-cars in marketplace...jsut buy n plug n play to ur car....hassle free

change to standalone better....

or easier is to transplant ur engine....

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
EDSC said:
Hie...Tis is ask for my frend la....but i hav a kelisa also...
so i m interested on tis too...hehe..

First of all , the exhaust mainford for the turbo...where do i get it ? or custom made ? or i can get L2 mainford modified a bit to suitable for Kelisa ?

Secondly, choice for turbine...TD04 is about wat price ? hmm.....i remember is 300+ but any turbine more suitable for kelisa bolt on ?

Besides, the turbo timer , gauge n bla bla bla....The end is the Ecu ..do i need a piggyback Ecu to support or jus use Apexi SAFC ?.....

I need all ur suggestion b4 i tell these all to my fren ......thx alot man...:shades_smile:
TD04..you sure ar? The GSRs also only using TD04 wor..

huakenny said:
there is someone selling the BOT Kit for k-cars in marketplace...jsut buy n plug n play to ur car....hassle free

change to standalone better....

or easier is to transplant ur engine....
i think people also want to play economically... so i think standalone is very much out of the question... the most also e-Manage...

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
thats bcoz some engine/h.cut r very hard to find or suitable engine unvailable.
or the price of original turbo h.cut is high.
n maybe some just like to mod their existing engine.
somemore its difficult now to endorse/register transplanted car.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
1. wrong section thread
2. alot has been discuss, run a search

Nov 23, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i hav kelisa..now i intersted to bolt on supercharge to my car..
i need sum guide line to check weather is wise or not to bolt on supercharge or what is the job scope....turbo better or superchager???

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
can bot.. but low boost.. td04 is too big for kelisa Bot on low boost..

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
supercharge will cost u RM10...powerzone

BOT will cost u around RM3k to RM5k depend on the parts...

the best...change 1.3 engine (k3vet) solve all the problem

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
unfortunately i still have this thread subscribed and still getting mails sent to me...

you guys still not out of the force inducing your EJs situation yet huh?... or you just started to dip your head into the deep pool of poison? my advise is you better pull out now before you regret it.

just assuming, and i am emphasizing on assuming... if there are readily available bolt on forced induction kits for your EJs that are not assembled from scrap parts from your favorite kedai potongs, that are thoroughly tested on a test bed machine and proven to run reliably no matter the amount of gains without a slight hint of problems then you can think of heading down this route.. and i re-emphasize the word here which is "assuming"

in this case where the assumption becomes the reality.. then your consideration between a turbo charge setup and supercharge setup is what sort of power curves or characteristics you expect from your engine? i am speaking from the point that both this setup will end up giving you the same amounts of power gains (again assuming)

Traditionally, turbochargers depending on the size of the units require some time to spool up to their operational speed and then you start to feel the surge of power... bigger turbines means more lag and smaller turbine will mean a more responsive power output. Why this happens, you should have known by now or at least done adequate research on it or else you should not even consider this options.

Superchargers on the other hand are driven directly from your engine crank so response will be much more direct as if your engine has a higher displacement than it originally is. This all boils down to your personal preference and as usual, go try someone's setup so you have a reference point and know what you want.

Assuming all this works without a hitch, a 40% power gain will put a lot of stress on your drivetrain not to mention how you plan to get your power down on your 165 width tyres.

This are the considerations you have to make before going down this route as many old timers here have tried and Kelisa6009's advise is among one you should take into consideration. A NA 1.3 lit engine might not sound much fun yet it is not as cool as making crazy mods to your engines, but it sure is the most sensible path to take and will sure smoke your forced induction EJ series powerplant in the long run and be the last to laugh at you when you start experiencing problems for trying to squeeze what is not available from your engine.

Again, i am not being sarcastic but i am skeptical of all this stuff. EJs are pretty bulletproof as long as you don't start cutting it up and making additions to it's original designs. Wise decision is to save the money to go down the 1.3 route or save it up to buy yourself an outrageous weekend car.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A friend's Civic Type R got stolen fr his house. If you come across exceptionally low price Championship White CTR for sale with chassis no = FD2-1403860 & engine no = K20A5823991 & R serial no = 7339, pls report police & call owner @ +60123059210 Malaysia. Pls help spread the message. Tks a bunch!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience