JUN Auto Mechanic LanEvo IX RS

NoTiGuY

old school
Depicted from Dino Dalle Carbonare's Blog

Thanks.

->

Back at JUN Auto Mechanic (http://www.junauto.co.jp/) to check out and test drive their latest demo car, the brand new Lancer Evolution 9. I have much respect for this company, they make some of the most sought after products in the tuning market and are always working on brand new projects keeping them well ahead in this game. That's without mentioning their successes in everything ranging from high speed runs to track battles. This new Evo 9 has just completed it's first stage of tuning that has yielded some impressive results. 412PS at 6,900rpm and a massive 51.5kgm at a very handy 4,400rpm. As Koyama-san explains their goal for this "stage-1" set-up is to run a 1 minute lap at Tsukuba, something that they will no doubt achieve. Based on the lightweight RS model this 9 runs the titanium/magnesium turbine...at some serious boost pressure. In fact the power run on their Bosh dyno was done at 1.8 km/cm2 (falling back to 1.4kg/cm2 as rpm rises) which is pretty much the max it can take. Out on the road this Evo hits you with seriously explosive mid-range torque, the MIVEC no doubt playing a small part in such smooth and constant delivery. Suspension is courtesy of ZEAL and feels excellent out on the road even if set up for Fuji Speedway! Thanks to some very aggressive camber and sticky A048 S-tyres the turn-in and grip are both superb. But during my short test drive what really got my attention was the Endless brake set-up. WOW! I've always had a thing for good brakes and the Endless kit (6-pot front & 4-pot rear) really is top notch. Most importantly it's very balanced shedding speed at such an alarming rate you really must make sure you check the rear view mirror to make sure traffic is not too close! Great car and as with every JUN machine you can expect some serious results.
Special thanks to Koyama-san for giving up his precious time for the day.

jun1.jpg

jun2.jpg

jun3.jpg

jun4.jpg

jun5.jpg

jun6.jpg

JUN's EVO 9

notiguy>
uiii... in yr 2nd post, 1st pic, looks like our Ampang Elevated Highway there lah! hehehehe!

lekalo said:
notiguy>
uiii... in yr 2nd post, 1st pic, looks like our Ampang Elevated Highway there lah! hehehehe!

haha... dont tell ppl ler... if not they'll know its my car instead... :)

Hahaha Notiguy trying to hide something :) kekekeke :) I know....I post okay? kakaka :)

Forgive me if I am wrong but the Jun EvoIX RS seems to have a different midsection console from the GSR version? (the area where the stereo head unit usually go and where the aircon dials etc. are) Strange why its different from the GSR version.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom