I've GOT A PROBLEM!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Ah Pang

Known Member
okay guys,this is the story....

sent my car to install ICE....this morning(me 7 still in the accessory shop),could not kick.thinking it was the battery,i changed to a new 70 battery...car could start but there's lots of vibration.my idle is pretty rough,and the exhaust has lots of throbbing.as soon as i turn on the a/c,the car engine dies off.checked the fuel pressure regulator,and basically the reading was VERY low.could it be the fuel pump??was thinking maybe the ICE guy short circuit the power cable(but can still kick a little pressure enough to start)of the fuel pump.
i thought alternator was the problem,but was told otherwise by a few other workshops.

what say u guys??

cheers.....

I told u my theory , although it doesnt make sense , you should ponder about it. :D.

btw tmmw u try the new pump first , but as i said i think it some hose la other. We should have listened to the fuel pump when we turn the key to acc , problem is diff ppl say diff things.

Ah Pang,
u should come out for TT last nite, our RE Master-KC was there....he could sort u out.... ;)
anyway it could be the alternator, if u have a spare one, change it and see how...

Originally posted by RERider@Nov 6 2004, 04:41
Ah Pang,
u should come out for TT last nite, our RE Master-KC was there....he could sort u out.... ;)
anyway it could be the alternator, if u have a spare one, change it and see how...
But then, alternator wouldn't suddenly die one right? unless u blast ur ICE often then probably it will kill it. Or is it Ahpang sueh?! :ph34r:

Hi Ah Pang, Last time I had the same symptoms as you and it ended up with the engine having 1 bad compression on one of the rotors. Which cause me a new engine. Hope tat is not your problem. But maybe you should get a compression check.

check fues...
last time bring my car to install exhaust...after that air-cond not working, dashboard meter not working, not head light......
Go check....fues sudah burn...
after changing fues...everything working fine... :)

maybe u can even check out your vacuum hoses lar... last time when i on my air-cond also it died of.. found out that it was a vacuum hose leak
B)

Originally posted by RERider@Nov 6 2004, 04:41
Ah Pang,
yeah,i found out only much later when i came back...sigh...nevermind ler...anytime u guys have a small TT,then just leave a post again ler....thanks!

Originally posted by SiGNAL+Nov 6 2004, 10:34 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SiGNAL @ Nov 6 2004, 10:34 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RERider@Nov 6 2004, 04:41
Ah Pang,
But then, alternator wouldn't suddenly die one right? unless u blast ur ICE often then probably it will kill it. Or is it Ahpang sueh?! :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
i seriously think i damn sueh loh...sigh....but dont alternators,just die like that???well,the accessory guy DID blast the ICE la...hhmmmm

Originally posted by Muz@Nov 6 2004, 10:38
Hi Ah Pang, Last time I had the same symptoms as you and it ended up with the engine having 1 bad compression on one of the rotors. Which cause me a new engine. Hope tat is not your problem. But maybe you should get a compression check.
okay,that sounds BAD,Muz...but my engine is still damn new wei..just rebuilt and travelled like maybe 200km???had new rotors,housings,seals bla bla bla...how could i suddenly lose compression over night without driving??sure as hell it didnt overheat...dont think AST was bubbling...hhmmm what say u bro??

Originally posted by speedking@Nov 6 2004, 10:46
check fues...
last time bring my car to install exhaust...after that air-cond not working, dashboard meter not working, not head light......
Go check....fues sudah burn...
after changing fues...everything working fine... :)
hhmm...sounds similar...

but what do you mean whan it doesnt work at all?would your engine stall??

hhmm...fuse??but my car can barely be driven...it really sounds(and performs) like my air flow meter was removed....that's EXACTLY how it behaves now...

Originally posted by BeRG@Nov 6 2004, 18:20
maybe u can even check out your vacuum hoses lar... last time when i on my air-cond also it died of.. found out that it was a vacuum hose leak
B)
yuppers...that's gotta be chacked...only thing is,there are loads of other hoses i cant reach!!!...damn it....!!! :(

Hey ahphang!

sounds like our oxygen sensor is off. Its located on passenger side firewall. Its just a connector try cleaning that out and see. If thats the problem you'll need to start the car and let it run for some time as the carbon build up in both chambers be very dirty. Just my guess hope it all works out bro.

dave

Originally posted by Ah Pang+Nov 6 2004, 18:31 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ah Pang @ Nov 6 2004, 18:31 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SiGNAL@Nov 6 2004, 10:34
<!--QuoteBegin-RERider
@Nov 6 2004, 04:41
Ah Pang,

But then, alternator wouldn't suddenly die one right? unless u blast ur ICE often then probably it will kill it. Or is it Ahpang sueh?! :ph34r:
i seriously think i damn sueh loh...sigh....but dont alternators,just die like that???well,the accessory guy DID blast the ICE la...hhmmmm [/b][/quote]
Just try what Berg and phat7 suggest. I doubt it's the alternator lar but the possibility is there. Alternator will fail if blast the ICE OFTEN, if awhile, should be able to handle it?! unless u sueh lo.... hehehe

my 2 cents worth of opinion

i will go with muz idea.... rotary during break in time is very fragile... tend to smoke etc etc... a badly broken in engine is a bad RE....i will go with check your oil pressure

dont go over rev is you install a new seal and housing ..
new seal and housing need at lease 10k km to sit in properly ,

but improper rebuilt on rotary usualy happends ,

what heat range of plug you using ? ... might just check the coil and spark plugs of they are working or not ,

starting a rotary with weak battery will cause the plug to flood due to low power supply to the coil , small spark from the coil will cause the plug to die out when cranking the engine ,

Ah Pang,

Where is your car now?? Maybe KC and myself can help you out. We have a multimeter (checks volts & amps) and a compression tester etc etc. With these two items plus other tools we have we should be able to diagnose (& fix??) your problem.

Carrying out a compression test & alternator test is very simple if you know what you're doing. We can drop over with the gear and check over your engine. Let me know at 012-314-6755 Glen B)

Originally posted by 13btt@Nov 8 2004, 17:10
Ah Pang,

Where is your car now?? Maybe KC and myself can help you out. We have a multimeter (checks volts & amps) and a compression tester etc etc. With these two items plus other tools we have we should be able to diagnose (& fix??) your problem.

Carrying out a compression test & alternator test is very simple if you know what you're doing. We can drop over with the gear and check over your engine. Let me know at 012-314-6755 Glen B)
would like to extend my gratitude to both Glen & KC...

these dudes came over to the accessory shop where my car was stuck in for 3 days(didnt dare to drive it out),despite the rain and traffic congestion!!ran a few minor tests on the car,and found out actually it was my fuel pump not kicking enough,due to power supply issues....also,my fuel pressure regulator was cranky...all is to be sorted out soon...

thanks guys!!! :D

Top Bottom