Is mine aeroplane sound?

ebayer

Nov 27, 2007
Hi, I have been reading a lot about this aeroplane sound and I read it has mostly to do with grounding, the RCA cable being too near the power cable and numerous other causes.

My problem:

I initially installed 2-way components and 4-channel amplifier with stock HU. Everything was fine.

I then installed a subwoofer and use the 2-channels from the amp to drive the sub and I removed my rear speakers. Now, when the engine is off, the sound is great but when the engine is running and I increase volume, I hear in my left ear some *krrk krrk* sound (very soft) and it totally ruins the music from the left side.

Can anyone help? I am not even sure if that's the 'aeroplane' sound everyone talks about.

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
aeroplane sounds means the u can hear the sound getting louder when u step on the accelerator. krrk krrk doesnt sound aeroplane to me. More like its ur speaker (especially if only one side involved)

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
can switch around the amp output to the speaker (left to right) and see if the sound comes out from left or right speaker, then only will know speaker problem or something else.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
normally it should be the crossover putting near some sort of power source that carry some signal and affected the crossover. Try to move your crossover to somewhere else

ebayer

Nov 27, 2007
Actually the feeling in my ear is more of like when you are going up or down the KL Tower lift or when the plane is taking off, and the pressure in your ear is not equalised and you have to swallow to equalise the pressure. I don't know whether there is something wrong with my hearing or the sound system....:stupid:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
check your wiring properly, with any luck it could just be a loose rca cable..

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
first... does it increase with your volume or when you step on the accelerator? recently there is a case happen to my friend... similar sound... and the problem was with the HU fuse... which happen to "not functioning well" changed the fuse and all went back ok already...

cheers...

Edmund_6600

Known Member
Apr 2, 2006
Penang
I do have aeroplane sound in my ICE system.When i play CD song it run ok no sound but if i switch on FM & the aeroplane sound will come if receiving not good.If the receiving good it gone.How come it will happen such things?How to solve this.All sifu pls guiding here.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all,

Am looking to change my wira engine so am doing some research. I am curently driving a 1.5 wira with a carb not EFI, so was just wondering if anyone had any comments about the 4g91 carb engine. Are there many in the market?

My wira is a second car, so is meant for modding. Not to crazy bout turbo engines, prefer n.a.

Any comments guys?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience