Is HID legal in malaysia for all cars?

MystaJ

Known Member
I have a big doubt i've been meaning to ask, but i just don seem to get a confirmed answer. If u'd ask me to go ask JPJ i'm sure as hell i won't do it. But of all the frens i've asked, many of them told me only those big cars that comes with OEM HIDs are allowed to still keep their HIDs cos its in their stock condition and there's actually a license for them to keep it. This was wat i was told, dunno the level of fact or truth there, so i just listened.

My doubt became stronger when i see many cars on the roads now, Altis, Vios, Wira, Gen 2, Perdana V6 and even Kancils are using HIDs. I begin to wonder whether its actually illegal to fix HID. So far i've only one fren called slk850 told me its legal for all cars. I just wanna be reassured again before i proceed to install a HID kit for my ride. Can anybody help me and back it up with experience/fact/ truth? Which ever is convinient. Thank you so much!!!

above dunno how many K's illegal...

thos 4370k still ok...can use..

i think is the blue colour taht is illegal..

white is cool with JPJ

alantan said:
above dunno how many K's illegal...

thos 4370k still ok...can use..

i think is the blue colour taht is illegal..

white is cool with JPJ
there's this dude who used to sell HID in ZTH by the name ftzone...heard of him? anybody here used his HID b4? How many K is his HID? His HID actually looks kinda OEM, slight yellowish, don really like it, plan to put on a blue bulb cover...which will be turned to slightly blue-ish...so are u saying this is illegal?

what i heard is below 6500k HID is ok with jpj.....but above than that is illegal edi....dont true or not...but what about those big car......

last i was quoted below 5000K is fine. those stock xenon tht comes with car is around 4000k-5000k.

also our jpj wont need excuse to give u a ticket or even ask for duit kopi is they dun like ur hid. if you planning to fit..make sure u point it towards the road...not towards the incoming traffic. i hate those losers who got money to retrofit hid but no brain to make it level and shine the road.

use HID and put the HID cover?prepare RM500 to replace your HID bulb bro....

praetorion said:
last i was quoted below 5000K is fine. those stock xenon tht comes with car is around 4000k-5000k.

also our jpj wont need excuse to give u a ticket or even ask for duit kopi is they dun like ur hid. if you planning to fit..make sure u point it towards the road...not towards the incoming traffic. i hate those losers who got money to retrofit hid but no brain to make it level and shine the road.
praetorion: wat do u mean by make sure i point it towards the road? aren't all lights supposed to be pointed towards the road?

SataniC: Do u mean its better for me not to fit a HID cover? It's too hot is it? I don't really wanna take that risk...but then the OEM HID that i'm planning to fit is actually a little yellowish, and i don quite like it. I like it to be either crystal white or slightly bluish...are there any other alternatives for me?

Pls help me anyone?

u and i we both same problem...i fitted the OEM becos of the hoo haa of HID last time...now see others with blueish...purplish...damn paiseh...so tot wanna put the HID cover...but was told not to...as it would break the HID bulb...i dun dare to do so...anyone tried it?feedback please

SataniC said:
u and i we both same problem...i fitted the OEM becos of the hoo haa of HID last time...now see others with blueish...purplish...damn paiseh...so tot wanna put the HID cover...but was told not to...as it would break the HID bulb...i dun dare to do so...anyone tried it?feedback please
U mean u were told that it would break la? I don't really understand the technicals of HID yet. Maybe some one can explain to me. Let's just say the OEM HID i'm gonna fit is maybe 4000k...can i maybe change the bulbs to maybe 6000k bulbs? Is that possible? Or are all the ballast, relays and wiring only made to work for 4000k bulbs? I'm wondering...

SataniC said:

i'm using a 4750k HID with the HID cover but unfortunately not more than 3 months the HID Cover break maybe it's too hot.
After the cover i dowan to used the cover as it cost around 60 for those cover.
:)

jonathan79 said:
i'm using a 4750k HID with the HID cover but unfortunately not more than 3 months the HID Cover break maybe it's too hot.
After the cover i dowan to used the cover as it cost around 60 for those cover.
:)
So u mean the cover actually breaks? Not the HID bulb blow? If cover break then ok...if bulb blow then teruk loe! Any other alternatives ah? Can replace higher k bulbs or not?

ouh...the cover broke issit?means i misunderstood loh....ehehhehe....hmmm mebe i'll try buy 1 later today see how....

Guys, i've enquired one of my contacts who's attached with JPJ M'sia & i was informed that any HID lighting kit is legal for any car applications BUT with the condition, it MUST NOT exceed the 5000K standard.

Those 6500K HID is too purplish-blue that will glare other motorists whereas most continental mades comes with only 4300K HID kit. :)

nd4ever, thank you so much for this info...now i can happily install this kit in my ride. Thanks again.

Back to jonathan79, are u saying that its totally not advisable to use the bulb covers? If i use will i spoil by HID bulbs or just the bulb cover?

MystaJ said:
nd4ever, thank you so much for this info...now i can happily install this kit in my ride. Thanks again.

Back to jonathan79, are u saying that its totally not advisable to use the bulb covers? If i use will i spoil by HID bulbs or just the bulb cover?

Mystaj,
My HID cover broke only but not the bulb.IOf you are using a 4750k HID with the HID cover on it i found out that it's not bright enuf if you wan to compare the 4750k hid the difference is the colour only.
just my 2 cents

eating while driving is illegal.. so's sms-ing.... i guess HID carries death penalties..

jonathan79 said:
Mystaj,
My HID cover broke only but not the bulb.IOf you are using a 4750k HID with the HID cover on it i found out that it's not bright enuf if you wan to compare the 4750k hid the difference is the colour only.
just my 2 cents
jonathan79: so u mean its better not to put the bulb cover is it cos it will affect the brightness of the HID rite? Ur ride using 4750k is it? The one i'm getting i think is 4300k wan, so its not actually white wan, its a bit yellowish. Dunno whether i'll be satisfied or not cos the reason i love HID is becos of those HIDs with a blue-ish tone. Whoa, now thats nice...but in the case of reliability during heavy rain, i think my 4300k HID wud be more reliable la...

My kenari is fitted with 2 pairs of HID 6500k, both head light n fog light, most time i passby road block by JPJ at night, so far they didn't stop me at all. I don't see any problems at all.

If u read the JPJ bye-laws, every car without "mugd-flat" is an offence according to JPJ rules, thats mean all new car on the road are illegal and liable to a fine!!!Will the JPJ be so stupid to do that, i donno!!! :D

4300K bulbs confirmed not illegal for street use. I myself is using it... been into several JPJ / Police Road Blocks they got no comments on my HID... I ask them also.. boss ok ah.. ini lampu... they replied bagus.. terang baru orang nampak.. :D

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom