Idling drops to 500RPM

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

crazievitek

Known Member
Hi folks,
My engine's idling keeps dropping to 500RPM. Already cleaned the idle valve and throttle body, but doesn't help. How much is a new idle valve for B16A?

same case to me..... been almost 1 year my car like urs problem.... cannot settle le...SAD SAD

I heard this is a common problem on Honda cars. Wah, almost 1 year already... how can you tahan? I hate the feeling when the RPM touches 500RPM and the whole engine feels like dying...
Just changed my idle valve, second hand one RM150. The idling has improved a lot, but once a while, it still drops to 500RPM. :( Anyone knows what else can be wrong?

wah...RM150 for 2nd idlling valve? mahal nyaaaa....hehehe..just joking...
btw..is the 2nd item in good condition?

i also got my 2nd hand idling vavles at 130, idling normal but sometimes still drop to 500rpm eventhough i bought and install the farking FICD, lagi kena kon

crazievitek said:
Hi folks,
My engine's idling keeps dropping to 500RPM. Already cleaned the idle valve and throttle body, but doesn't help. How much is a new idle valve for B16A?

the idling problem .. was it happend obly when u switched on your air cond?? what about when u off ur air cond ?? if there is a similarity with the above symptom .. it could be due to one of the vacuum hose bocor or could be your FICD not working properly .. or could be due to your grounding issue (i just add groudning cable .. solved the problem last time hehe)

ask kenny to check bro.. he could sense something with his proper equipments..

zero4 said:
i added grounding but it didn't solve my problem, mahaiiiiii

ok.. let me ask u something

does this thing happend whenever u reach trafic light .. u step ur brake and hit the cluth and free the gear rite?? (air cond off)

or it just happend only after u switch on your air cond and (repeat back the same step above) your engine tend to stalled ??

or it doesnt apply on any of the above mentioned (seems it happend all the time either your air cond on or off ) :D

ok..

SePaT said:
the idling problem .. was it happend obly when u switched on your air cond?? what about when u off ur air cond ?? if there is a similarity with the above symptom .. it could be due to one of the vacuum hose bocor or could be your FICD not working properly .. or could be due to your grounding issue (i just add groudning cable .. solved the problem last time hehe)

ask kenny to check bro.. he could sense something with his proper equipments..

The idling is a bit better when the air cond is turned off. But it still happens lah. I already have grounding cables in my car. vacuum hose and FICD? Hmmm... have to ask Kenny about that. Kenny was the one who changed the idling valve for me. Must go back and kick his butt for charging me so expensive and not solving the problem. Hahah....

Cimpeng said:
wah...RM150 for 2nd idlling valve? mahal nyaaaa....hehehe..just joking...
btw..is the 2nd item in good condition?

Will get my mech to check it out again. Sigh.....

zero4 said:
i also got my 2nd hand idling vavles at 130, idling normal but sometimes still drop to 500rpm eventhough i bought and install the farking FICD, lagi kena kon

How much was your FICD?

SePaT said:

does this thing happend whenever u reach trafic light .. u step ur brake and hit the cluth and free the gear rite?? (air cond off)

or it just happend only after u switch on your air cond and (repeat back the same step above) your engine tend to stalled ??

or it doesnt apply on any of the above mentioned (seems it happend all the time either your air cond on or off ) :D

ok..

it happens when "does this thing happend whenever u reach trafic light .. u step ur brake and hit the cluth and free the gear rite?? (air cond ON)"

aircond off everything ok one

Aiya.. i thoght 500 rpm when idle is good, because before this, it manage to reach 1500 to 2000 rpm when idle. I'm using LEV type.. maybe doesn't same like all the sifu's powerful engine here..... :)

SePaT said:

ok..

my situation like u said, rpm drop..sometime ok..sometime not, bila on aircond ok le pulak..what need to do bro..?

arrgghhh.... :eek: :mad: my RPM doing the cha-cha with me since morning....high low high low...between 1000-2500rpm...
...knnccb... :thumpdown sent to HSC last week, they cleaned the throttle body but now started again...

ngoohhh..nngghhh...ngooohhh...nngghhh...

helpp....tension sialll...motorist left and right looking into my car...they think Im playing with my gears...Auto larrrr...sigghh....tension....tesion....going back HSC on Friday....

izzit the timing belt as well??? :eek: wat else??....tot of dropping by AMOIL to see if they can get the "ghost" out....

devilangel said:
arrgghhh.... :eek: :mad: my RPM doing the cha-cha with me since morning....high low high low...between 1000-2500rpm...
...knnccb... :thumpdown sent to HSC last week, they cleaned the throttle body but now started again...

ngoohhh..nngghhh...ngooohhh...nngghhh...

helpp....tension sialll...motorist left and right looking into my car...they think Im playing with my gears...Auto larrrr...sigghh....tension....tesion....going back HSC on Friday....

izzit the timing belt as well??? :eek: wat else??....tot of dropping by AMOIL to see if they can get the "ghost" out....

Change the idle valve :D

guys, i changed my idling valve twice and idling drop still happens, aircon on or off. it's worse when the engine is cold, sometimes it stalls. cleaned the throttle body a few times too.. could it be the distributor box or the ecu not giving the right signals during idle?

zero4 said:
the best idling rom is 800 to 1krpm, that is the best, quiet....smoothh....peacefull

the master has spoken....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom