I accidently pour my engine oil into my timing belt

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
I want to ask just now i top up my engine oil and i accidently pour my engine oil to my timing belt,a/c belt and fan belt all kena engine oil.Will that effect my belt because too oily?I try to wipe it but still left alot at the beltnow my whole engine all very oil will effect my engine.Help me on this

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
dude, go buy a can of 'oil remover' or 'engines cleaner ?" at sparepart shop & spray it off with water, done.
anyway its not a hot oil, maybe a little slippery but I dont think it will damage ur belts

cheers

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
I bet is your timing belt is NOT near to the fan belt, alternator belt and whatever belt you have on there, so don't worry.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
how on earth did u spill the oil on your timing belt? u top up your engine oil wit your timing belt cover opened?

i'm not sure if oil removal cleaner will affect the rubber belt or not....

wira_na

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Aiks, i thought most car have their timing belt covered? Get the engine cleaner to wash it off ar......no big deal wan arr.....

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
Sorry not timing belt is fan belt and a\c belt.Suddenly got nyamuk bite me and shift my engine oil to a side then the oil pour on to my fan belt.I try to start my engine got screehing sound come out then until now i ride motor go to work.The degreaser many spare part shop didn't sell.They said no people buy 1.Tired finding it.Tomorrow go to few more spareparts shops and look for it.I thought the fan belt and air cond belt kena minyak hitam all the belt and equiment will be well lube.Now i takut all the belt come off only when i drive.

ahchuan

Known Member
Jan 6, 2005
if u pour ur engine oil to the timing belt, the lifespend of tat belt will decrease..
my mech said tat.. coz he experience tat b4.. a owner accidently pour engine oil to his timingbelt,my mech told him to change due to lifespend decrease,but he said no money n still can run for 20,000km... but the next week... pecah...
so dun play play o.......

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
ky69 said:
Suddenly got nyamuk bite me and shift my engine oil to a side then the oil pour on to my fan belt.
Moral of the story is, "Never replace engine oil during nyamuk feeding time".

Degreaser is fine, my friend ... You can find them anywhere from ENOS to Jusco. If all else fails ... just hose off, or pour some luke warm diluted detergent, and hose off with heaps of water. The fan-dry ...

And go get yourself a cold one after ... You're alrite, Mate ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've recently dropped by Bandar Sunway, since I had a dinner to attend in Seri Kembangan. This time I decided to borrow my dad's DSLR and took high resolution photos of the damages or broken parts that came with the car.

The first broken part was the damaged Right Brake Lens, found in the picture attached, as above. I am not sure how much does those costs but a quick browse on eBay shows that the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience