how we know that our engine is time to overhaul?

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
how we know that our engine is time to overhaul?
bcoz my 4g63 engine are eat black oil....
den i told my mech that i changed the piston 2 years ago....
den he direct told me tat...ur engine is time to overhaul....
based on all sifus experience....izzt my engine ned overhaul? and tat mech got lie me?

thx alot~

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
eat black oil means piston ring kong liao...sure time to overhaul ...and in the men time do something to the head...skimming and porting....time for more power.

evo2006

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
if the piston ring have problem, can directly change the piston ring without overhaul or not? or really have to overhal in order to take out the piston ring?

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
overhaul is difren from change piston ring....
overhaul is bcoz ur piston have push pull inside the engine long time le....
den the lubang bcome big....den they have to overhaul to make the piston fit with the engine....is lidat gua

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Typically, every 5 years if engine is not well maintain (using cheap engine oil or imitation filter). Every 10 years if properly well maintain.

Also, if engine from a halfcut, better overhaul it because Japanese aren't very fond of taking care of their cars because it is dirt cheap there. So, those who paid RM 5-8k for a VR4 halfcut are being duped.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello to all! anyone here have experience with converting a 4G67 block with a 2.3 stroker kit? my question is:
1. do u need to modify engine mounting location to put in a 4G67 into a proton wira? will JPJ accept it?
2. can the 4G67 81.5mm bore to 85mm to fit in a 2.3 stroker or can a 2.3 stroker fit into a 4G67?

Your sharing of experience is appreciated!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience