How to write/spray/colour LETTER in TYRE

tornadotcom

Jul 9, 2005
Sabah
Hey...newbie here...any guide to whitening the tyre letters?
Yokohama,sumitomo, michelin... those Letter in WHITE colour which look the like the Original 4wd Tyres...Any comment? :) Any suggestion? as i know...those 4wd letters are original white rubber...the GT Cars white big MICHELIN letter is sprayed one or original? thx... i tried White Marker Pen b4..but it peel off after 1-2 weeks...

tornadotcom

Jul 9, 2005
Sabah
resilienthunter said:
urm..tape up the whole tyre with masking tape except the writings.. then jus spray lor.. w

but i think it will peel off one ler....any suggestion using what spray? or stuff to make it white and wont peel off easily...my friend tried with House Paint...look great..but dont know why will turn yellowish...thx

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
easy way? just use over the counter pen paint. Available in most stationary stores near you. The pen looks like a white board marker.. but the ink is actually paint. It will stick alright if u cleaned ur wordings properly.

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
ftzone said:
easy way? just use over the counter pen paint. Available in most stationary stores near you. The pen looks like a white board marker.. but the ink is actually paint. It will stick alright if u cleaned ur wordings properly.
yeps.. can try cleaning with some alcohol prep..

tornadotcom

Jul 9, 2005
Sabah
resilienthunter said:
yeps.. can try cleaning with some alcohol prep..
I think i used it b4...but it will not last very long...maybe 1-2 weeks...then the wordings start to crack...nvm..thx =)

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
try to use the paint used for road marking, its heat resistant, highly durable and the reflective property will make your tyres stand out in the crowd!

but one main basic thing to remember is to get a good foundation for the paint to stick on it, maybe sand it a bit

but as far as i know, these paint are sold in big tub, at least 5 litres, so you can always re-paint when it crack, or can paint the whole wall, good visibility all round

tornadotcom

Jul 9, 2005
Sabah
suchap69 said:
try to use the paint used for road marking, its heat resistant, highly durable and the reflective property will make your tyres stand out in the crowd!

but one main basic thing to remember is to get a good foundation for the paint to stick on it, maybe sand it a bit

but as far as i know, these paint are sold in big tub, at least 5 litres, so you can always re-paint when it crack, or can paint the whole wall, good visibility all round

Thx...road marking? got such paint ah? road marking not using thermoplastic... stuff ..not so sure...but will go to a paint shot see got heat resistant paint

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
got those road marking paint sold in hardware shop one... those paint JKR contrator add tiny glass particles to make it shimmering at nite when ur headlamp shine on them when they marking the road, beware, those paint dry up very fast n hard to clean thoroughtly if ur cloth get dirty by them so better naked then paint :eek: lol jk jk... make sure u have enuf thinner with u

senSo

Dec 6, 2004
Sungai Buloh
www.myspace.com
tornadotcom said:
Hey...newbie here...any guide to whitening the tyre letters?
Yokohama,sumitomo, michelin... those Letter in WHITE colour which look the like the Original 4wd Tyres...Any comment? :) Any suggestion? as i know...those 4wd letters are original white rubber...the GT Cars white big MICHELIN letter is sprayed one or original? thx... i tried White Marker Pen b4..but it peel off after 1-2 weeks...
i think that eunos sells this 'tyre marker'.. it specially design for filing up letters at tyres, wont crack n heat durable.. try your luck there.

tornadotcom

Jul 9, 2005
Sabah
senSo said:
i think that eunos sells this 'tyre marker'.. it specially design for filing up letters at tyres, wont crack n heat durable.. try your luck there.

"tyre marker"?? never heard of it..thx..im from Sabah..dontknow where is eunos :P.. give me the brand name...i go find it here....tx

senSo

Dec 6, 2004
Sungai Buloh
www.myspace.com
i'm not very sure abt d brand name(because i'm not interested in filling up letter of tyres), but try your luck at any accessory shop.. ask for "tyre marker" ..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car using H7 bulbs...got cover for this size?? in the market i only seen H4 size cover...is too big for my headlamp...kenot fit...pls help me...cheers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience