How to differentiate an EJ, EK and CTR steering rack?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

c00lric

500 RPM
To all the masters of Civic out there,

How do we differentiate between an EJ and EK steering rack? And also EK9 1s too. Is there any marking 2 show da difference? Your help would b greatly appreciated. Thnx.

Hi Hattech-v,

R they da same? between EJ n EK. As for EK9, someone told me that the turning radius is smaller compare to EK n EJ. And also, when ya driving at high speed the steering feel is much heavier compare 2 EK n EJ.

And how do we differentiate them phyisically? Coz i'm replacing my steering rack as it emitting sounds as i turn da steering.

Any idea how much does it cost?

Hi Coolric,

I'm also facing the same problem, isit necessary to change the whole steering rack:Not_Impressed: Initially i thought my drive shaft giving the problem. Btw my ride is ek2 1.3(M).

pls let us know if u manage to solve the problem

Rgds

Hi MynnDAWG,

The person who told me actually owns a EK9. He told there r differences btwn EK4 n EK9.

Jgdrs,

U may wanna ask ur regular mechanic 2 check out for you.

coolric

EJ and EK shud be the same laa .. coz its from the same stage/series only the different is J and K ..

and the sound .. must check properly .. normally steering rack wont produce sound eventho its leaked .. check ball head ..

HI bro,

Which ball head? The mechanic has already change da tie-rods. But the sounds comes back after driving it 4 couple days later.

EK4/EJ and EK9 steering racks are not the same. EK4/EJ has smaller turning radius, and steering turns about 3 rounds lock to lock. EK9 has bigger turning radius and shud turn about 2.5 rounds lock to lock. Ur Honda mechanic should be able to tell you too. EK9 steering turns heavier too.

If u hv the budget buy the whole bottom front assembly which comes together with the rack, lower arms, original bushings and antiroll bar. It's much cheaper and you automatically get spare parts :regular_smile:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom