how to be F1 marshal?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
just curious, and i believe they did go through some level of training before they can be track marshal, am i right?

ada jalan ?

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
There is a training course and an examination to be taken, and a one year training to become a track marshall.

anyway...sure you want to become track marshall? ...with the fireproof overalls,
and the hot weather (believe me, it's like being inside a microwave oven there) and the complete dedication to push cars, and bear the bad weather in case of storms... <_<

to become official, that one diffrent story lah...took me 3 years to get to where i am now. and luckilly enough i started from CCTV operator, no need to stand on hot weather.

hahaha...but it's fun la.

Will inform you guys once there's a vacancy.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
1 year training :o, so long? :o
got part time job vacancy ar? :lol:

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
Originally posted by MK84@Feb 21 2005, 11:29
Hehe lucky u start straight away to CCTV. Remember the GTi club? :)
I feel sorry for them... :(

BlackSamurai :

yes...the training is for one year. not full time lah...it needs your attendance for almost all events on weekends only la... :P

i need to add something. all these years many many people asked if they can become marshall for F1. what about other events? no need to come?

all international events are given top priority only to seniors. juniors will be asked to help out if there are not enough manpower.

plus, you need to report to SIC as early as 5.30am. those who are late will be asked to leave and never come again.

i kid you not. this is a professional outfit. you slack out on the track, the whole world is watching.

so...if you seriously want to become a marshall, do it for the love of all motorsports, not because you want to see a F1 car up close and personal. ;)

elaine2284

1,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2004
Cheras, KL
Visit site
Originally posted by MitonCT26@Feb 21 2005, 12:02
so...if you seriously want to become a marshall, do it for the love of all motorsports, not because you want to see a F1 car up close and personal. ;)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

just like any other uniform body...... such as RELA, scouts, St John...

noted!!!!

tkkhoo

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
im from gti club and still work as a marshal... working for F1 is very tough ! under the hot sun+ cannot sit for the whole event+No hood(depend on what post) but its fun

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
Just to clarify, do you join AAM to start your training as a marshall?

buff

Feb 21, 2005
SIC and AAM-affiliated clubs usually organise a marshal training session on certain weekends followed by an exam. If you pass the exam, you are issued a 'novice' marshal license, which you carry around for 1 year. The contents of these sessions can be quite daunting, as they cover a lot of ground. I'd recommend that at the very least, familiarise yourself with the national competition regulations and its application so you wouldn't be like a fish out of water when it comes to the session and exam.

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
weii..wei...

hahaha dude,im a official too??nobody call me??

anyway this year im quite free..............lets go for MSS... :D :D

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I was a F1 Track Marshall for the year 2003 F1 in Sepang

How did I end up being a F1 Track Marshall? Well.. thru a local car club who had some connections with the SIC.

But to be honest with u, most of the guys u see as F1 Track Marshall actually got in by pulling some strings and most of them are friends of those old timer Track Marshalls at Sepang.

To become one, all you need to do is sit for a day course and then come back and sit for an exam( objective test ).

Even if you pass, u will have to depend on luck to get choosen because alot alot of people also applying to be one.

Every year, you need to go for a refresher course and take the test.

I guess u all must be wanting to ask me the big question... was it worth it?

Well.. yes and no.

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Everyday I had to be there at 6am and can't leave until 6pm. It's a real torture to be under the sun for 12 hours. When I got home the first day, I had fever.

All I can say that it was an experience of a lifetime which money can't buy. Would I do it again? Er.. um.... in our hot weather.. forget it.

zique

Kopi O Lesen Driver
Jun 30, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
mikeyip.com
and if u just want to get in and watch the races up close, another alternative is to be a PRESS member, get a press pass and you can go all over the place.

Used to be an Officer for Rallies but not for Track Events, for Tracks, usually I apply in as a Journalist. Easier lah, not restricted to a booth or a side-wall. Why stare at the flags when you can stare at other things? KEKEKEKE

anyway, to be a marshall or an official, you need to be dedicated to the work. don't just think that it's a quick way for you to gain access to a race or an event. If you love the sports and want to contribute back to it, then by all mean, give it a go when there's an opening.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
Originally posted by InitialD@Feb 28 2005, 23:03
Everyday I had to be there at 6am and can't leave until 6pm. It's a real torture to be under the sun for 12 hours. When I got home the first day, I had fever.

All I can say that it was an experience of a lifetime which money can't buy. Would I do it again? Er.. um.... in our hot weather.. forget it.
lucky you're in a post that is not critical. That's after Turn 4, below Cam 7, post 11 or 12 if im not mistaken.

if you are placed in Turn 9, post 22 or you are in post 3, 4, 5, 6, turn 2 and 3, now that's a hell lot of work.

Will always love to watch the antics on your post all these years as even some even peed on the camera pole, the advertisement gantry... :lol:

FTO

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by zique@Mar 1 2005, 07:37
and if u just want to get in and watch the races up close, another alternative is to be a PRESS member, get a press pass and you can go all over the place.

Used to be an Officer for Rallies but not for Track Events, for Tracks, usually I apply in as a Journalist. Easier lah, not restricted to a booth or a side-wall. Why stare at the flags when you can stare at other things? KEKEKEKE

anyway, to be a marshall or an official, you need to be dedicated to the work. don't just think that it's a quick way for you to gain access to a race or an event. If you love the sports and want to contribute back to it, then by all mean, give it a go when there's an opening.
how to apply for Press pass? need to be journalist? i mean the genuine one...or just fake it?

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
you need to be an accredited press member (journalist) with backup letter from your company. also, related to the event. dont la expect "pets weekly" magazine to be approved to enter the track... :lol:

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Don't forget. For F1, you need to pass the background security check as well. :)

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by MitonCT26@Mar 1 2005, 09:46
lucky you're in a post that is not critical. That's after Turn 4, below Cam 7, post 11 or 12 if im not mistaken.

if you are placed in Turn 9, post 22 or you are in post 3, 4, 5, 6, turn 2 and 3, now that's a hell lot of work.

Will always love to watch the antics on your post all these years as even some even peed on the camera pole, the advertisement gantry... :lol:
MitonCT26, I see you know the Sepang track pretty well as well as the Marshall post. So were u one of the volunteers too??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

alooo...
how to make ur crome rims still shining? not 'crome celup'. i mean ori besi shining. need advise from every one.. lets share how u get ur love rims still beauty...all rim types.... black...gold..silver......
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience