• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

afiq_farami

Known Member
what are different between honda civic ek and satria GTi:

performance?explain?
handling?explain?
speed?explain?
looks?explain?

a need to survey to complete my assaingment..
thanks 4 answering...

performance?explain?
handling?explain?
speed?explain?
looks?explain?

thanks 4 answering...

honda civic ek vs satria GTi:

performance?explain?
handling?explain?
speed?explain?
looks?explain?

thanks 4 answering...

performance?explain? civic - got variable timing, gti dont have
handling?explain? civic - not sure, gti got lotus handing and spot weld
speed?explain? both diff cc... one is 1.6 and other is 1.8, my guess is civic faster n powderful
looks?explain? depends on individual lor..

thanks 4 answering...

i think dats from me..ur 1st answerss hahaha

civic ek got some spec, 1.6 soch non v-tec, 1.6 soch v-tec, 1.6 doch v-tec(very rare in malaysia), 1.8 soch v-tec, 1.8 doch v-tec(also rare).. so which one u want to campare, for civic, only 1.6 soch non-vtec n 1.6 soch v-tec are a bit underpower, but the rest, will smoke that gti.

just my 2 cents :smokin:

I would say EK has a sexier look then GTi :driver:

Performance wise: the civic ek is better than the gti because the civic is runnin on a dohc vtec and the gti is runnin on standard dohc engine.
Handling wise: Can say almost the same but it depends on the mods u do to the cars.
Speed wise: Ek is much miore faster than the gti.
Looks wise: ek is definitely nicer than the gti.
No hard feelings to gti owners>>>>>
:wavey:

Main different is one is JAPAN brand one is MALAYSIA Brand......
Price also different

Re: honda civic ek vs satria GTi:

Assignment?
u can google it at proton website and honda website...
so many detail there..
horsepower la,weight,compression,gear ratio,color, and etc..

What course are you taking where you are told to do research on 2 cars?
BTW.... these two cars are cult pieces in their own right.

no need explanation...EK wins. assignment over.

if ek9 and ek4 definitely civic ek better, if others civic ek,i think SGTi better

performance?explain?
go 4 vtec engine...more power, more perfomance part, more tuner...but for mitsu engine also many tuner...etc

handling?explain?
sgti...lotus handling...superb... 4 std car...better than any std civic...from my opinion la

speed?explain?
vtec engine, of course

looks?explain?
sgti....bodykit

:smokin:

nowadays, people tend to call any Civic hatchback, "EK", because, not to be brag here lah, but they didnt take the time to learn about honda. All they know is, that is only EK, not EK2, EK3, EK4, EK9.

performance?explain?
got a lot to explain. better go for individual search. first off, google the Ek you want, then google the SGTi. well, i might say the wrong fact. but i try to make it as 'right' as possible. hehe. As far as the performance concerned, EK got a lot of types. SOHC, DOHC, SOHC VTEC, DOHC VTEC. and this personally, you have to choose which EK are in your assignment?..

EK2 - Sohc (d13, d15, d16, i don't know, please someone)
EK3 - Sohc (d16, d15 i oso don't know)
EK4 - Dohc B16a (SiR)
EK9 - Dohc B16b (type R)
Correct me if im wrong.

if its EK9, then it should be EK9 who wins over Satria Gti. With B16B VTEC 180 horsepower at 8200rpm, it can surely beat SGti 4G93P "proton claimed 142 horsepower 7500rpm" in straight run for performance.Of course, for the performance wise, the 0-100kmph for ek9 is 5.7 second while the Sgti is only 8.5 second for 0-100kmph. You maybe ask why this is happening?..first of all, Sgti have no technology like Vtec, it just run on big CC's compared to EK9 b16b who happened to have VTEC in it.VTEC VTEC? want to know more about VTEC, please http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC

Of course, there is a LOT of performance thingy i could've tell you here. but the main thing is, yourself. don't just open this thread and ask. Go wander around this forum and also internet. Can get a Lot you knowwww...

check this
http://www.isitaboat.co.uk/cars/honda_civic_type_r__ek9_/
i think it will help you a Lot.

handling?explain?
Talking about handling wise for these two types of car, there is a major difference between these cars. as proton claimed the SGTi have the "Lotus Handling", i still wondering now, is it true?..or is it Lotus just make the "lotus Handling" badge. For EK, as i see it in youtube, there's a big gap between EK4 and EK9 and to compared with Sgti, a big difference.
watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4PHzWoE6p8

speed?explain?
vtec engine, of course. no need to be explain. the rest i explain already a bit.

looks?explain?
Looks?..it depends on the individual. it occurs that some people like the shape of the body and some don't. Like comparing girls. you feel me? hehe..

ok, IMHO, EK, for general, looks more like very handsome compared to SGTi. yeah. I love satria Gti too, but EK is irresistible. it can have the 'garang' look, the 'cute' look, the 'heavily modded' look, and the 'this road is mine' look. SGti also can do that. So, its up to you.

so that is my 1 cent. correct me if im wrong. this is just what i know about vtec and something. just sharing with you. Sharing is caring yeah?

ooww..wait..is it really assignment?..which college are you from lah?..:driver:

Last edited:
haha, can copy and past vitrous reply then can complete ur assignment huhu

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom