Hi everyone new guy in forum.-4G93P Kahwin-.

HighRider

Aug 8, 2006
hello everyone, i have a question on mivec head mated to 1.8 block, how much instant horsepower can i get ?, im driving a gti btw, thinking of doing mivec rojak. complete mivec head conversion stock standard nothing else touch on the engine side.

HighRider

Aug 8, 2006
hello again, anybody can help me out over here ?? perhaps someone that had experience with mivec head rojak oledi that would be great.

i'm really interested in this project, it would be very kind of uf u all if can let me know the cost breakdown. say head+ecu+wiring+Maf how much the market rate at the moment, btw does it come with intake manifold ? and do i need it, can i mated my 93p intake manifold instead. and the trottle body do i need a mivec one can i use perdana throttle body instead too -cause i someone bought this mikuni throttle body long2 time ago never used-.

Cheers,

Me.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
no u cant...u need mivec manifold n t/b.....i think perdana or v6 mivec ones can b used as well.....just make sure its 60mm inner diameter in size coz stock mivec comes in tat dimension.....

btw, i suggest u just get a mivec h/c n do the transplant n hybrid from there.....wif the leftover parts, u can hybrid out another 4G92 DOHC engine n sell it out as complete engine.....use back the mivec's ecu, wiring, manifold (in n ex), t/b, g/b, mivec head......

HighRider

Aug 8, 2006
okay thanks spyder, actually i'm trying to cut cost. dont think i'm gonna get the whole mivec halfcut thou, just the complete head+ecu+wiring+sensor+throttle body+manifold -in n out-.

btw how much hp can i expect with this bolt on ?

and do i need to get s-avc piggyback as piggyback to fully utilise the mivec system ?

cheers.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
ermm dude, getting those items u've mentioned is like almost gettnig the whole halfcut d......tat would at least set u back to about 2k or so for those items....n not forgetting tat its not easy to source those items separately, especially the wiring........anyway, there's no definite gained hp figure for this hybrid......i would say expect bout 10-15whp at least n whole loads more of torque from this setup.....n lastly, Yes a piggyback, rechip or anything that can re-tune the fuel n ignition mappings are highly recommended......hope tat helps...cheerzzz =)

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
mivec

spyderslr said:
ermm dude, getting those items u've mentioned is like almost gettnig the whole halfcut d......tat would at least set u back to about 2k or so for those items....n not forgetting tat its not easy to source those items separately, especially the wiring........anyway, there's no definite gained hp figure for this hybrid......i would say expect bout 10-15whp at least n whole loads more of torque from this setup.....n lastly, Yes a piggyback, rechip or anything that can re-tune the fuel n ignition mappings are highly recommended......hope tat helps...cheerzzz =)
Getting the mivec half cut & then doing the hybrid is most recommened...Having balance another 1.6 DOHC total engine (halfcut condition) which can sell back...At the end u only spend little...

Buying the complete things seperate is difficult..& costly...U dun wanna end up missing some importatnt part which is almost impossible to find then...:confused_smile:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
yes, better go to halfcut, if not end up u will encounter some problem like idling issue due to no proper cablibrate in between ISC stepper motor, TPS, ecu and throttle body etc ...

gspot

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
PJ
Getting the required components and at a good price for your rojak dish separately is not impossible, but more depends on your luck and contacts. No doubt, getting the full half cut compared to the "half-half" cut is certainly the easiest way out but initial capital outlay would be high, since mivec half cut prices has risen, not to mention the labor and other components that you may require to make your rojak.

Before all these, it makes good sense to engage a thoroughly competent mechanic who can help you make this rojak. Have seen many hybrids turned french-fried potatos rather than muscle mania frankensteins. It takes much more to conjure up a fully functionable hybrid. It's a secret receipe!

From "unaltered" dynos, most stock 4G93s churn out between 100-110 hp on wheel. From experience, "stock-mod plug & play" 4G93Mivec can put out at least 153 whp with a pleasantly surprising torque curve, unless something is very wrong somewhere. My "mildly-upgraded" daily ride is already rated in excess of 160whp. Further reworking on the engine can potentially put up another 10-20 whp and that's even before the yummy JUN cams are inserted. Then again..that's another story.

You gotta get it right at first. Priority a good mech. The essential components, you can take time to hunt and the mech can and will chip in too. Remember, more goes into at initial "stock-mod plug & play" stage.

BTW, I was one of the "impossiblers" who assembled my rojak from separately
sourced components and at a comparatively low price too. Then again, got me luck to thank!

Happy rojakking!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Actually my Mivec also build from puzzle mode .. really appreciate for my Poman ..
And I was very good luck to get a RS version complete engine.
If I look for 1.8 mivec, which model of timing belt should I look for to replace ??
Pls advise ... Thanks.

HighRider

Aug 8, 2006
hey guys thanks for the input i already found a mivec head, now searching for ecu+manifold+throttlebody oh and vr4 rs halfcut, any lobang pls pm me cheers.

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
mivec

boyzone said:
Actually my Mivec also build from puzzle mode .. really appreciate for my Poman ..
If I look for 1.8 mivec, which model of timing belt should I look for to replace ??
Pls advise ... Thanks.
There is no mivec 1.8 halfcut but only the hybrid versions...

Anyway, the timing belt will be from the supra 1jz....

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
mivec

boyzone said:
Pls advise ... Thanks.
There is no 1.8 mivec h/cut but only hybrids....

Anyway, they will use the supra 1jz timing belt...