Hi-cam Questions

Legend_MaRS

Known Member
Mar 9, 2005
Visit site
erm......everytime when i read these car modification magazine ...
these car sure mod HI-CAM ....
HI-CAM for racing use !! erm......tis 1 i know ...
but~~

if i install a hi-cam , what else i need to mod together wif hi-cam to make it balance till perfect leh ??
hi-speed pulley ? ECU setting ? dyno test & setting ?

what kinds engine r suitable to mod HI-cam ? All ?

any negatif effect ? any positif effect ?

hi-cam can higer the engine rev ?normally can higher how many RPM ?

erm.......what my questions all there ....waiting ZTH sifu to answer me ...
NEWBIE ~~~ need sifu teach ~~~ B)

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
usually DOHC engines change their camshafts
must go with adj cam pulleys
this is to adjust and tune the cams
but also need piggybacking cos fuel and stuff changed settings.

night_stalker

Mar 24, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
I thought hi-cam for any n/a car is plug n play. No need to change valve spring or any thing else. Except u need to put cam pulley

Esky

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Wah, Andrew, long time no post!

Not forgetting- HI-$$$ :lol:

gspot

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
PJ
Ah Saw,
Haiya.. can call JKR to do it la! Big flood drain pipes enuff la.. :D

Legend_MaRS

Known Member
Mar 9, 2005
Visit site
erm.........the most important is $ ~~ haha~~

except for these Q...

install a HI-CAM can get high rev ? any bad effect ?

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
There's almost no such things as 'perfect' unless u change your whole car.... hahaha. Basically a lotta things can be done to support the high cam... unfortunately, modifying cars is like that... u mod 1 thing, you'll need to mod 10 others to support.

High cams also got a lotta different profiles. Depends on what are the cam profiles also.

Assuming u're just upgrading to regrinded cams... then the few most important things you'll need to do is to get adjustable campulleys, fuel regulator and a piggy back to adjust your fuel (of course with proper tuning as well lar)....

Some aftermarket cams like those done by Toda, Crower, etc etc... requires you to change the valves and valve springs along with the high cams...

Installing high cams doesn't mean you get higher revs... your revs will still remail the same... chances are, your rev cut will still be there (if any... unless u take it out)...you'll only be shifting your powerband to a higher rev... where you will be most of the time during racing. This of course would mean that your lower end powerband will decrease... leaving your lower revs to feel more sluggish than usual. Too high a cam and your city driving will be very disastrous... idling will be difficult, and your car's power simply won't kick in at lower RPMs.

Hope this helps... just a rough idea lar.

Esky

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Just wondering- do hi cams and variable cam timing work together well?

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
CAn put... why kenot put... but depends on what cams you put in. If its just regrinded cams... than you'll probably just need a piggy back to control the fueling.

If you use evo aftermarket cams, like HKS, Toda.. etc etc.. you'll need to get the valves and valve springs together with your cams... then also a piggy back to adjust the fueling.

Going to be quite costly... so why not just upgrade turbine instead? Look for a 20G turbine lar... shouldn't cost more than the aftermarket cams.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yokohama, Japan – Infiniti, the luxury car manufacturer from Japan, today announces it has signed Formula One World Champion Sebastian Vettel as its first ever Global Brand Ambassador.

The collaboration with Sebastian Vettel comes two months after Infiniti announced a major partnership with the Red Bull Racing team. The 23 year-old F1 star will be taking an active role in raising the profile of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience