help! "make a car dat runs on vegetable or fruits"

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
driftneyland.blogspot.com
anybody got any smart idea? the car is like a toy car size la.. i need help here seriously.. its a project for mechanical engineering.. haha..!

i know SifuS here will sort me out abit..

i was thinking GENERATE ELECTRICITY WITH LEMON JUICE to move a tamiya..
anyone got better ones?

the marks will b given according to who's car can run further.. so i guess weight here is a prob.. and engine efficiency too..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
haha... last time learn from kimia class...
dunno what mix with what then create electricity (my kimia knowledge all kasi balik cikgu adi)....

but for normal combustion car run on vegetables and fruits???!!
last time discovery channel saw a person use cooking oil in his car to travel across america continent.... he got teach how to mix the oil with whatever substance to break down the molecul inside the cooking oil... haha... forgot forgot... soli...

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
AWHAHHAHAHA.. blackie.. if he's a she.. i dun need find so much trouble to ask u dudes.. hahaha..

and den.. summore the vibration with makan up my "battery" la.. haha..

slowkancil

Jan 2, 2006
hehe
very intresting, always do this kind of project back in u with my fren
always x siap separuh jalan. cos no buget.
i'd tried once before using parafin (candle like substance)
heat up water and create staem. but cannot moving. maybe the pressure too low. may be you had better luck

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
hahaha.. if it was combustion engine.. i confirm die d
hahaha.. luckly can use electricity.. so much more easier
haha..

yeah.. i know the parafin thing.. nono u shud have boiled water for the steam.. ahha.. more torque to the turbines
;)

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
those "lemon" cell generate too little current to move the car... considering de motor pushing the lemon sommore.. it will be like asking a small kid to push a trailer...

vegetable n fruit?? the only transportation "vehicle" dat runs on them are human n animal... :lol:

MOVE_Type_K

Known Member
Dec 31, 2005
yo...search the net for further kids science...if u looking for smaller motor...try look at those shop selling tamiya track cars...the smallest i seen is a motor generate by solar panel...very tiny motor..

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
lemon juice...
one 1cent coin (forgot what metal.. cooper?)
one 5cent coin (forgot what metal also..)

put everything to gether and there u go...
but...
forgot can work or not...

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
wait, your details here not enough, wether it can run on electricity or whatever, what is the criteria?? need to be natural source?? can it use solar panels? bla bla bla, all this must give abit info also mar, then maybe i can crack my head try to help you lorr.... ;)

btw, the copper and timah in lemon can make electricity charge, but a mere few volt and watts oni, can even feel it also, butthen can be read with volt meter lar :P ahahhaa, so lil, i think push tamiya motor also no power :lol:

alternatively, search for the source of how the car battery work, use the same materials and put it into smaller container(DIY-style) so your lecturer will think you did it yourself and not just direct buy the car battery and use it to power up your system lorr..

i believe the car battery, which uses H2O(distilled) to act as the "(damn, i forgot that term they use, erm, the one to make the charges more keng wan, pembati or something)" to make the reaction between the plates (i forgot what name adi) to create electricity which can be enough to power until the the charges run out lorr....(hint: the plates consist of 2 types of metal, the more the plate, the higher the charges and this produces gas and its kinda poisonous, so careful lorr)

sorry lar, alot things i cannot remmeber very well but i know i did study chemistry lastime and did some experiments with those plates which they were using to make car batteries, can me constructed in a smaller scale which wold produce enough power to power up your tamiya motor ;)

tips: try using the lowest and lesss resistance(in terms of spinning the coil/moving the rotor) motor they have for the tamiya wan, how to see wether the motor takes up less energy, the wires are thin and not too thick, the power of the motor wont be much but im sure with the amount of energy you ar feeding it, it could be the longest running motor/vehicle(with enough torque to push the small vehecle) around ;) and also use less stronger magnets in the motor to ease the movement of the rotor, too strong and you reqiure more energy to move the rotor coils...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
gavan said:
wait, your details here not enough, wether it can run on electricity or whatever, what is the criteria?? need to be natural source?? can it use solar panels? bla bla bla, all this must give abit info also mar, then maybe i can crack my head try to help you lorr.... ;)

btw, the copper and timah in lemon can make electricity charge, but a mere few volt and watts oni, can even feel it also, butthen can be read with volt meter lar :P ahahhaa, so lil, i think push tamiya motor also no power :lol:

alternatively, search for the source of how the car battery work, use the same materials and put it into smaller container(DIY-style) so your lecturer will think you did it yourself and not just direct buy the car battery and use it to power up your system lorr..

i believe the car battery, which uses H2O(distilled) to act as the "(damn, i forgot that term they use, erm, the one to make the charges more keng wan, pembati or something)" to make the reaction between the plates (i forgot what name adi) to create electricity which can be enough to power until the the charges run out lorr....(hint: the plates consist of 2 types of metal, the more the plate, the higher the charges and this produces gas and its kinda poisonous, so careful lorr)

sorry lar, alot things i cannot remmeber very well but i know i did study chemistry lastime and did some experiments with those plates which they were using to make car batteries, can me constructed in a smaller scale which wold produce enough power to power up your tamiya motor ;)

tips: try using the lowest and lesss resistance(in terms of spinning the coil/moving the rotor) motor they have for the tamiya wan, how to see wether the motor takes up less energy, the wires are thin and not too thick, the power of the motor wont be much but im sure with the amount of energy you ar feeding it, it could be the longest running motor/vehicle(with enough torque to push the small vehecle) around ;) and also use less stronger magnets in the motor to ease the movement of the rotor, too strong and you reqiure more energy to move the rotor coils...
Gavan..is it.."pemangkin" ?

Why not u use those lemon and then connect it to " transformer injak naik" (dunno what in english).u can make one urself. have the right amount of conductor coils may boost up the power of ur lemon charge.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
hah, yeah, thats the word i was seaching for ;) thanks man.. ;)

erm, the voltage if im not mistaken that was coming out from the lemon was a mere 0.1v or something maybe maximum ill give is a 0.3v, dont think it would go any higher than that, after all, the lemon is so small and it only had that lil amount of energy to discharge it, so i guess other forms of power could be sourced out.

the transformer idea is good, butthem weight is a factor, i doubt it he wants the thing to be heavy with those metal transformer coils on his small lil ride :D plus if we would use hte erm, damn, whats that term called, erm, the circuit which uses a relay to increase the power of the output(something like the transformer) but less conductor coils but the thing would be bigger...

erm, yet another weight factor, so i guess its time to read back the charts and find out what mix with what can produce more power :lol:

something like carbon positive rod wirh zink as the negative terminal and erm some nickel i think as the pemangkin to produce the charges (if im not mistaken, thats the build up of the normal AA batteries we use) damn, i cant remember all the chemistry ive learned.... :(

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
heyhey dudes.. thanks for all the stuff.. haha..

i cannot use any external stuff to add on the car la.. only organic items.. haha.. if u all sed the lemon gives me 0.3 v.. im fried d
haha.. mz try one day.. see whether it can work anot.. haha..
the prob now is the weight factor.. because.. the marks given is determined by who's car can go further..

if i made a diy car battery lidat.. it'll b a big prob with weight.. cos im thinking of using tamiya oni.. plus.. im oni given four months.. haha.. very funny la this project.. if i can make out a one cylinder engine dat runs on vege oil.. den chun d.. haha.. jz the prob now is time.. and weight.. haha.. and.. do not forget.. cost is a major prob too
haha..

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
yo dude..
sorry cant be more help..
u really got one interesting project there...
wish u all the best!!!!!!!

anyway..
try to remember back
there is one episode of 'back to the future' cartoon
where they trap in stone age because .. dead battery? then they use lemon.. many lemon to generate enough battery to fly the car... back to the future... :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...

well i have this question... what is the difference between fully-synthetic engine oil and semi-synthetic engine oil and aso the normal ones ( i don't know what they cal this )... and which one is more suitable for my 8 yrs old 4G92P ride? ( mileage: 126148km )
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience