Haltech - Alternative Map & Air Temp Sensor

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

monmon

Known Member
I would like to know, instead of buying a brand new map sensor & air temp sensor from Haltech. I was told I could replace these items with others and it'll work.

Map sensor I was asked to used any from Honda, Toyota... I've got with me a Denso unit from a Toyota, will this work?

with the air temp sensor, could anyone tell me what I should be looking for?

Thanks

not the tuning bit, but just the installation. i got the patch loom so it's pretty much plug and play there. just this 2 items i need to figure out. i didn't mind buying both of haltech made, but since i am only "testing" the item, i hope to go about it one step at a time.

For your reference, Haltech Map sensor come in 1 bar sensor for NA engines and 3 bar sensor for TUrbo.

joeker: 3 bar map sensor very cukup lo...

monmon:y dont u go to the haltech website and check things out?

yes i know since i am running NA i'll just seek a 1 bar map sensor.

my question is if i can do without the haltech made map and air temp sensor and replace them with other makes. such as a map sensor and air temp sensor from a stock honda or toyota..... I can confirm I was told a Honda map sensor can be used, I am really wondering on the air temp sensor.

I know it don't cost much to just buy the haltech sensors, this is for everyone's knowledge too. I am sure if people knew, the haltech map sensor costs 300+ for 1 bar and a honda map sensor from a chop shop is about 50, and works. Which would you choose?

my question still lies with the air temp. :)

Yes can.

I've seen some E6K-ed 4AG 16v and 20v using Toyota factory stock map sensor.

For turbo application, you'll need Haltech sensor cause factory sensor can't read positive manifold pressure.

may i noe wats da latest for haltech???isit E6X???may i noe where to get it in m'sia?

e8 for 4 piston and e11v for 6 piston, u go to haltech website lah broo

Top Bottom