good quality car cover

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
hi,

anybody knows where i can get those high quality car covers? a little sick of those grey coloured ones they sell in Carrefoure.....they tear rather easily....after being exposed to the sun too much....sometimes also scratch the paint....

personally i don really like to use covers, but can't get good parking shaded ones in my work place....and i don like the car to be exposed to the hot hot sun too much.

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
well, u have your point. but hot sun also damages the paintwork, rubber seals, cracks up the dashboard in the long run....i also got VKool.

to prevent the scracthes, i usually cover the roof, windscreen,bonnet,boot, rear glass with cardboards before i put on the cover.....what to do... i love my cars too much.

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
hmm.. i'm not sure with what i'm talking about but last time i've heard about car covers causing humidity inside the cover due to the heat and it's not good for the car? :unsure: something along the lines of that la... maybe somebody can clarify gua.. :P

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
well, jackie, you are correct. this is a very common problem especially with those cheap Rm20 something cover. they are just made of plastic...in certain cases, they will even melt and stick to your car paint work....which is why i cover mine with cardboards.

regarding the humiidty, it is also true as the air cannot escape through the plastic. hence it is not a good thing to cover the car when it is wet. wehn it is dry, shouldn' br that bad.

i think the better quality ones are breatheable.......which is what i am looking for.

i only cover when i park the car at workplace...under a tree...never at home when it has a proper shed.

itrDC2

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
I am seriously looking/needing one of these car covers too and currently looking for the good ones if any.... free bump for this thread!! :))

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
last time i go to brothers they recommend me a good car cover which its think n got sponge inside...around rm170 ....may be now got sales gua

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Red Bull Racing’s Sebastian Vettel won last week’s Formula One opening round at Australia by a massive margin and without the aid of KERS. However, he will be running it for the Malaysian round next weekend as the long straights of Sepang suites the use of KERS.

Another change for this season includes the use of an adjustable rear wing that with its pitch being adjustable by the drivers. Some of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience