Gen 2 R3 is coming

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

zainul

Jun 20, 2005
Malaysia
It's 120HP on the wheel, should be around 150HP+- at flywheel :eek: lower power band and torque suffered a lot?

Look like R3 are using lower level back seat, should increase head clearance for back seating :p

dolly said:
so the standard 1.6 engine you see in current gen2 but tuned to 120+bhp? :O ....

Last edited:

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
faisal, sure bo, the 500 units all will come out with 120+hp atw from the factory? or is this one of the later stages output?

zainul

Jun 20, 2005
Malaysia
wenshen said:
shit wei.. last time got 50kg lighter satria R3now got gen2 R3.. lol.. proton ah.. forever try to dig for money in special ways.. lol.
Proton is a company and have to make money to survive, however R3 is a subcompany of Proton and they had manage to bring out their own image, quality & customer support (eventhough therese still a lot of thing still handle by Proton Service Center, Proton Parts etc) from Proton shadow.

Satria R3 for me is an exciting product but due to the fact its for hardcore track person, so some group of people are pulling off their plan to buy it. :p

By introducing the new Gen 2 R3 they are capturing the correct market segment and people like me will still consider it.

Still waiting for the end product though, but from what we are seeing here its does look good on paper and on product image. And R3 image are a lot better than Proton and i would trust their mouth more than Proton :cool:

Hoping the R3 guys provide some more feedback, it doest hurt to post a details picture and these is actually a good platform for R3 guy to advertise their product, post a +ve picture or info of Gen 2 R3 surely people will be happy to see it, except for basher la, what ever good thing you'll show, you'll end up getting a bash. ignore it, concentrate more on you product ;)

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
120bhp on the wheels?!!! w00t...thats impressive....makes me wanna own it even more. but wat im afraid is theres not much aftermarket products for the gen2 engine which makes it tied down to R3, no offence but i just wanna keep my options wide open when i mod my car instead to just one place u see. hope faisal can fill me in on this.

but anyways, its a great looking car and for 120hp on the wheel, its a good achievement. keep up the good work R3 guys!!!

zainul

Jun 20, 2005
Malaysia
Some Gen 2 R3 images compiled from numerous website, take note, these picture is taken by someone else. I only put it here :p

Anyone with the engine bay pic? ;)

Last edited:

sousuke

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
ah...finally...a pic of the rear end of the car...to bad the pic's a bit small...nonetheless as usual, *drools* :D

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
zainul said:
Proton is a company and have to make money to survive, however R3 is a subcompany of Proton and they had manage to bring out their own image, quality & customer support (eventhough therese still a lot of thing still handle by Proton Service Center, Proton Parts etc) from Proton shadow.

Satria R3 for me is an exciting product but due to the fact its for hardcore track person, so some group of people are pulling off their plan to buy it. :p

By introducing the new Gen 2 R3 they are capturing the correct market segment and people like me will still consider it.

Still waiting for the end product though, but from what we are seeing here its does look good on paper and on product image. And R3 image are a lot better than Proton and i would trust their mouth more than Proton :cool:

Hoping the R3 guys provide some more feedback, it doest hurt to post a details picture and these is actually a good platform for R3 guy to advertise their product, post a +ve picture or info of Gen 2 R3 surely people will be happy to see it, except for basher la, what ever good thing you'll show, you'll end up getting a bash. ignore it, concentrate more on you product ;)
Zainul,
Thank You for your kind and encouraging words. We believe that there is a market for the vehicles and products that we develope and sell.

My favourite phrase for naysayers and bashers is " putting your money where your mouth is". For every bashers/naysayers there's is always a believer and more importantly a buyer. And the Satria R3 is 135 kg lighter not 50 as some un-enlightened people assume.

The GEN 2 R3, as previously mentioned is meant to have a wider appeal than the Satria R3.

As to the bhp figures I posted, that is still under developement and are at the wheel figures. That equates to roughly +10% at the flywheel. And our engineers and technicians work very hard to improve drivability, so that means a power increase across the rev range not just at the peak.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Savvy r3 savvy r3 savvy r3!!! faster faster faster! Oh.. btw, can you keep the wheel size small? :D hehe.. cheaper tires and lower FC I hope!

zainul

Jun 20, 2005
Malaysia
Heard that proton gonna lauch 2 model this year, 1 is normal production and the other one is the limited edition model. Which one is that?

SRM+Gen2R3?
or
SRM+SavvyR3?

zainul

Jun 20, 2005
Malaysia
Taken from 4gtuners.com website(copy paste), can the R3 guys verify this?
------------------------------------------
price maybe around 70k++,limited 500 unit
mod from gen2 stn spec,perfomance parts around 20k

1。R3 DISC BREAK + mintek Break pad = RM 3K
2. R3 HI-CAM for Campro = RM1.6K +20hp
3. Recaro Seat = RM 6-7K
4. R3 Absober + Spring = RM 2.5K
5. R3 4-2-1 Exhause System = RM 1.1K +6hp
6. R3 Tower Bar =RM250
7. R3 Rear Stable Bar RM300
8. R3 BodyKit for Gen2 = RM2K
9. R3 Special Tune ECU for Gen2 R3
10. Momo tuner steering = RM750
11. R3 Suspention Bush =RM600
12. R3 Stickers = RM150
13. Advanti Rim + Yokohama Tyre = RM3K
14. R3 pedal + Gear Knob = RM400

135hp,154Nm
maybe got no CPS+VIM
addition hp come from the hi-cam
weight less 70 become 1100kg
0-100=9.7,maybe becos the gear ratio,hopes can be solve

Last edited:

StonerJuan

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
If the price is less then 80k then i say its a steal. Here is a picture of the Gen2-R3 courtesy of Lowyat.

Last edited:

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
zainul said:
Heard that proton gonna lauch 2 model this year, 1 is normal production and the other one is the limited edition model. Which one is that?

SRM+Gen2R3?
or
SRM+SavvyR3?
I think it should be SRM + Gen.2 R3. SAvvy R3 is slated for 2006 release.

Gen.2 R3 is appealing. I am drooling.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
zainul said:
Taken from other 4gtuners.com website, can the R3 guys verify this?
------------------------------------------
price maybe around 70k++,limited 500 unit
mod from gen2 stn spec,perfomance parts around 20k

1。R3 DISC BRAKEs + minteX Brake pads = RM 2.4K
2. R3 Camshaft = RM1.6K +20hp
3. Recaro Seat = RM 6-7K
4. R3 Damper + Spring = RM 1.5K
5. R3 4-2-1 Exhaust System = RM TBC+TBC hp
6. R3 Tower Bar =RM250
7. R3 Rear Stable Bar N/A ( What's a stable bar??? There's strut tower bar and anti-roll bars but never heard of stable bars..
8. R3 BodyKit for Gen2 = RM TBC K
9. R3 Special Tune ECU for Gen2 R3
10. Momo tuner steering = RM750
11. R3 Suspension Bush =RM330
12. R3 Stickers = RMTBC
13. R3-Advanti RSW-01 + Yokohama Tyre = RMTBC
14. R3 pedal + Gear Knob = RMTBC

135hp,TBC Nm
no CPS+VIM
additionnal hp from the hi-cam
weights 70kg less- kerb weight 1100kg
0-100=9.7,maybe becos the gear ratio,hopes can be solve
Here is my reply in Bold. Pardon the spelling correction and grammar corrections. Can't resist it.

Last edited:

heavyfoot

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
Yadayada... it's coming soon...

StonerJuan

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
I like the front bumper, imagine seeing this big monsta on your rear mirror is like a shark waiting to clamp on ur ass.

zainul

Jun 20, 2005
Malaysia
faisal said:
Here is my reply in Bold. Pardon the spelling correction and grammar corrections. Can't resist it.
Ha ha, no pun intended, just a copy paste from the original author. Anyway, still waiting for the actual end product :D

Last edited:

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
oit, that pic is MINE! hmmm i never been to lowyat forums before... how come its there?

A Post Every 5 Mins

I was just browsing a car site when I saw that they are selling engine leveler?! it was kinda weird and awkward.. but is it really that needed in our garage?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience