Gen 2 R3 is coming

zainul

Jun 20, 2005
Malaysia
It seams that nobody care to create this topic, let me be the one who make the first steps. ;)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
spoon dude, didn't u go to the dreamcar show? That beauty of a Gen2 was on display and the Savvy R3 too. Gen2 R3 is set for sales mid this year, meaning anytime soon and Savvy end of year if all goes well. The Gen2 R3 fixes a lot of problems with the car, eg-drivers sitting position (who cares? Now got semi-bucket in R3 car!) clutch, etc. etc. So they claim la.

But its a freaking beautiful car anyway! :D

handsome_lala

Known Member
Apr 19, 2004
Izso said:
spoon dude, didn't u go to the dreamcar show? That beauty of a Gen2 was on display and the Savvy R3 too. Gen2 R3 is set for sales mid this year, meaning anytime soon and Savvy end of year if all goes well. The Gen2 R3 fixes a lot of problems with the car, eg-drivers sitting position (who cares? Now got semi-bucket in R3 car!) clutch, etc. etc. So they claim la.

I have the privilege of actually sitting in the Gen2 R3. Interior build wise is far superior to its donor car. The red upholstery in the GR3 blends well with the interior. Match that with the yummy red recaro seats it just breath takin. The best part about the interior is the "display meter" (ggrr whats the proper term). It is red in color with R3 inbeded in it. **note to Faizal can you make one for the SR3 owners?"**

The seating position has actually been lowered giving the driver the sporty feel. This on the other hand has made the gear lever a tab bit high for my liking (my personal opinion lah)

Exterior wise, The GR3 looks menacing definitely has road presence. I might add even more so than my SR3 :( . The bodykit, 17 inch RIM ; rear carbon spoiler (just the middle part) shouts "drive me fast" :P

From what I gather, the GR3 should be having around 100bph on the wheels (performance cams added & ECU tunning). It might not get the double wielding threatment because the G2 chasis in standard form is already stiffer than the SR3.

1 more thing to add, according to Adian's input in Autoworld; the GR3 will come with ABS (its a "road car " [first] meant for the track [later] as appose to the SR3 which is a "track car" meant for the road" hence road legal track car). Hardcores should not be disheartened, proton motorsports is working on a button that will disable the ABS when the need arises

An anology I got from ADIAN -- SR3 = mistress material (CIM included)
-- GR3 = wife material ( the above too, but more pratical)

In conclusion, Izso you are spot on "its a freaking beautiful car".

p.s. Faizal, can the SR3 owners get the GR3 at a discount? hehee I wanna try to "con"vince my dad into getting if for my younger bro. Drooling at the thought of having 2 R3s in my house. **ohh btw, Crash you might want to reconsider getting the SavvyR3 for your bro....there is another option now :)

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Izso said:

Next Year actually ,2006. Possibly early.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
handsome_lala said:
I have the privilege of actually sitting in the Gen2 R3. Interior build wise is far superior to its donor car. The red upholstery in the GR3 blends well with the interior. Match that with the yummy red recaro seats it just breath takin. The best part about the interior is the "display meter" (ggrr whats the proper term). It is red in color with R3 inbeded in it. **note to Faizal can you make one for the SR3 owners?"**

The seating position has actually been lowered giving the driver the sporty feel. This on the other hand has made the gear lever a tab bit high for my liking (my personal opinion lah)

Exterior wise, The GR3 looks menacing definitely has road presence. I might add even more so than my SR3 :( . The bodykit, 17 inch RIM ; rear carbon spoiler (just the middle part) shouts "drive me fast" :P

From what I gather, the GR3 should be having around 100bph on the wheels (performance cams added & ECU tunning). It might not get the double wielding threatment because the G2 chasis in standard form is already stiffer than the SR3.

1 more thing to add, according to Adian's input in Autoworld; the GR3 will come with ABS (its a "road car " [first] meant for the track [later] as appose to the SR3 which is a "track car" meant for the road" hence road legal track car). Hardcores should not be disheartened, proton motorsports is working on a button that will disable the ABS when the need arises

An anology I got from ADIAN -- SR3 = mistress material (CIM included)
-- GR3 = wife material ( the above too, but more pratical)

In conclusion, Izso you are spot on "its a freaking beautiful car".

p.s. Faizal, can the SR3 owners get the GR3 at a discount? hehee I wanna try to "con"vince my dad into getting if for my younger bro. Drooling at the thought of having 2 R3s in my house. **ohh btw, Crash you might want to reconsider getting the SavvyR3 for your bro....there is another option now :)
We're getting more than that currently. Last test was some 120+ at the wheels.

zainul

Jun 20, 2005
Malaysia
really intrested with it and again the price is less than RM70k right? Really love the cosmetic changes by R3 really brought out the true beauty of the GEN2.

Can wait to see it live on the road. :p Considering to get one, if the finish product is a good as it should be

handsome_lala

Known Member
Apr 19, 2004
faisal said:
We're getting more than that currently. Last test was some 120+ at the wheels.
Alamak, like that faster than SR3 lah. Is it the stage 3 GR3 or will the GR3 come stock with 120+ at the wheels?

custom boy

Jun 21, 2005
PUCHONG
seem that GR3 will kill the SR3. to many R3 will make it not valueable. correct wat..(my opinion )i like to see the4th stage SR3 first than new model should come after that. Let the SR3 owner play with their car 1st laaaaaaaaaa........

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
handsome_lala said:
Alamak, like that faster than SR3 lah. Is it the stage 3 GR3 or will the GR3 come stock with 120+ at the wheels?
Not really no. The Satria(M24) R3 wights only 995 (unladen) while the GEN 2 (GXM) R3 weights more than 1050kg ( forgoten actual figure )

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
custom boy said:
seem that GR3 will kill the SR3. to many R3 will make it not valueable. correct wat..(my opinion )i like to see the4th stage SR3 first than new model should come after that. Let the SR3 owner play with their car 1st laaaaaaaaaa........
You have it all wrong.

Race.Rally.Research or R3 for short is in the business , among others, to produce Limited Edition Vehicles (LEV) of all new Proton Cars. R3 is a brand name, not a Satria-specific model as many have mistakenly believe.

The first product, the Satria R3 (150 units) will be joined in the future by the GEN2 R3, of which a planned 500 units will be made.

R3 LEVs are all performance-driver oriented cars. Unncecessary items that detracts from pure driving pleasure is removed hence lite weight and firmer ride. Wimps need not apply

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
I really have no qualms about newer R3 models being more powerful than their predecessors. It's all about evolution, remember? ;) Besides, at the end of the day, R3's brand strength is the one which will determine your car's value. So if they're very successful in the future, it could make their previous cars all the more classic and desirable. This holds true even if the tuner does some crossover stuff...think Galant AMG... :rolleyes:

Powerplant of Gen2 should be its standard S4PH. A good idea about including cams with Stage-1 though. At least it'll make the fundamental engine special on its own already.

Yup, an R3 meter cluster for SR3 owners is a must. Would really love to see the needle eclipse an R3 logo as we hit the powerband.

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
so the standard 1.6 engine you see in current gen2 but tuned to 120+bhp? :O ....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.. i'm from singapore.. and i drive a Lancer04 4G18 SOHC..

Lately when i have been surfing your forums, i noticed that most of you are able to do an engine transplant in yr car..

I am also interested in putting a 1.8l 4G93 SOHC into my lancer but there's a problem.. Singapore laws are strict.. changing the size of yr engine can get you into real trouble.. If i am going to do this.. i need to everthing look like its stock.

So i am wondering is there a way to achieve a 1.8l 4G93...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience