French coachbuilder to work on extremely limited 950bhp Aston Martin Super Sport

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Seems like highly priced limited edition cars are all the rage these days (read: Pagani Zonda R, Bugatti Veyron SS, Aston Martin One-77) and there's no letting up.

Reports online are suggesting that a French coachbuilder is developing a limited edition Aston Martin Super Sport. Before we get to the price, let's just run through the company that's building it.

Usually when you think of a coachbuilder, companies like Zagato or Pininfarina come to mind. These powerhouses have been at it for decades and are responsible for some of the most beautiful cars on the road today.

The coachbuilder behind the new Aston? A French company by the name of Star Electric Cars France. Not familiar? Not surprising as the company is known for making electric golf carts that resemble Hummers, Cadillacs, and Bentleys.

Aston Martin is working with Star Electric Cars on the new model and its promising to be something unique. Design wise, the new Super Sport will feature carbon fiber bodywork, scissor doors, and a DB9 inspired front end.

Inside it's the usual game of Recaro seats, leather/alcantara upholstery, carbon fiber trim, and a satellite navigation system with iPod connectivity.

Not much is known about the car as yet but we do know that it's going to be immensely powerful. 800hp to 950hp to be exact, generated from a mid-mounted twin-turbo 5.4-liter V8. Channeling all that power to the rear wheels will be a six-speed manual transmission with F1 paddle-shift available as an option.

And here's the part you have been waiting for, production will be limited to eight units and pricing starts at an astonishing €7,500,000 ($9,630,140 USD).

Source: World Car Fans

Attachments

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
overall body pattern from a 458italia....

front and rear from aston dbr9

sidemirror profile from zonda

sidepod from lambo....(brake cooling duct)

really frankestein car design... :adore:

Last edited:

DtG

Aug 7, 2010
Melaka
chassis from 458? bro how u see the chassis from the pic la? u got xray vision?

n of cos its gona share some bits from other astons la, it IS supposed to be an aston martin of cos the signature look and design cues are gonna remain....

n to be honest, i dun see any lambo or zonda in this car.... except maybe the zonda like wing mirrors... and that it has 4 wheels and 2 doors..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
chassis from 458? bro how u see the chassis from the pic la? u got xray vision?

n of cos its gona share some bits from other astons la, it IS supposed to be an aston martin of cos the signature look and design cues are gonna remain....

n to be honest, i dun see any lambo or zonda in this car.... except maybe the zonda like wing mirrors... and that it has 4 wheels and 2 doors..

not that i got x-ray....i mean in my opinion and view from that picture....
*see that B-pillar the engine cooling pod design..
*see the hump for rear wheel-arch
*see the rear subtle spoiler

all three looks very similiar to f-458italia....
:adore:

DtG

Aug 7, 2010
Melaka
er tats the body not the chassis... the chassis is the car's underpinnings/skeleton... but yea u do have a point about that it does have a 458-like stance....

hitsugayat10

Nov 7, 2006
i can see tat the trademark design of aston has evolved to something similar to mitsuoka orochi in the 2nd pic...
wat's with d "gigi" thing

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifus,

Would just like to know what you all think about the above-mentioned title?

Been hearing quite a number of debates about it.

Some say if you have good suspension (high-end brand or custom) you dont need any strut bars or brace or ARB. Then there are some who say, with bars or brace or ARB is better even thought stock suspension.

Then there are also some who said if you have a good set of suspension, putting on struts or brace or ARB is of little or no use. Some even...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience