9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Hahaha, I start loving the F1 playboy Flavio

Flavio just wants to beat Ron Dennis

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=109328

10 February 2006
Flavio Briatore says his main goal in F1 is just to beat McLaren boss Ron Dennis. Briatore's criticism of Dennis continues since the Italian criticsed the way McLaren signed and announced Fernando Alonso's move in 2007.

"If F1 was just a business to me then I wouldn't have been around here for so long," Briatore told Auto Motor Und Sport. "What fuels my passion here is beating people like Ron Dennis."

Briatore went on to criticse the Alonso signing again saying," It's not the first time he's done this - remember how he signed Montoyta. He went around telling everyone that he'd have the best driver line-up in the world. To me all that just sounds like excuses for not winning."

"McLaren needs good news and since they didn't achieve that on the track he has to make it up somewhere else," Briatore added. "At Renault we sell our results as good news - Ron Dennis prefers to sell the future."

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Flavio is the master of incomprehensible gibberish most times. Those quotes are too polished to be what came out of his mouth directly. Must have been edited.

Anyway, Flavio is just about useless apart from spotting talent. He doesn't do what other team bosses do ie. run the ship. Might be a good motivator...who knows.

And his criticism of Ron is partly right, about signing Alonso and announcing it so early. But I can't agree with the other part. McLaren has had success in the past by getting the best driver lineup. Prost - Senna anyone?

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
si|verfish said:
Flavio is the master of incomprehensible gibberish most times. Those quotes are too polished to be what came out of his mouth directly. Must have been edited.

Anyway, Flavio is just about useless apart from spotting talent. He doesn't do what other team bosses do ie. run the ship. Might be a good motivator...who knows.

And his criticism of Ron is partly right, about signing Alonso and announcing it so early. But I can't agree with the other part. McLaren has had success in the past by getting the best driver lineup. Prost - Senna anyone?

i don agree.. i mean ron might be a good team boss but flavio change the face of how f1 works.. he might not be as technical as ron but he get to the point n win.. ron lately hav been more of a shouter than a deliverer.. jus look at the stuff he complaints when he does not win.. worse still when he wins races but not championship.. maybe jus maybe the way ron manage a team has been dated.. (hence no championship for years)

n i also disagree with ur comment that flavio cant motivate or manage as well as other bosses..if u notice team renault has 2 factory.. one in france (engine) n one in uk (chasis/aero).. with a relative less budget compared to other top teams eg mclaren or ferrari these two factories has been running efficiently and as far as the public is concerned don seems to hav much conflict with each other... erm can u recall that with mclaren n mercedes has been as harmony as renault? if not flavio has been very good in coordinating the 2 factories..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
GT3 said:
i don agree.. i mean ron might be a good team boss but flavio change the face of how f1 works.. he might not be as technical as ron but he get to the point n win.. ron lately hav been more of a shouter than a deliverer.. jus look at the stuff he complaints when he does not win.. worse still when he wins races but not championship.. maybe jus maybe the way ron manage a team has been dated.. (hence no championship for years)
What was it that you didn't agree with? Did I say he was a bad team boss? What I meant was he was a different team boss.

Flavio, straight to the point? Hah! Don't make me laugh. Who's the guy making noises now, for example? The man can't even talk properly. Half the time he is incomprehensible.

Team bosses are supposed to defend the interests of the team. Making noises is inevitable. Or don't you watch football?

Right, Ferrari's domination is a byproduct of Ron Dennis managing McLaren....right...good point...

GT3 said:
n i also disagree with ur comment that flavio cant motivate or manage as well as other bosses..
Please check where did I state such a thing?

GT3 said:
if u notice team renault has 2 factory.. one in france (engine) n one in uk (chasis/aero).. with a relative less budget compared to other top teams eg mclaren or ferrari these two factories has been running efficiently and as far as the public is concerned don seems to hav much conflict with each other... erm can u recall that with mclaren n mercedes has been as harmony as renault? if not flavio has been very good in coordinating the 2 factories..
And you somehow know all this for a fact?

Dude, you should probably re-read my initial post. Seems to me like you are getting a lot of it wrong. And you don't have to attack Ron Dennis while you're at the process of defending Flavio. I don't really care about Ron Dennis. All I know is he runs the team I support. He also has a great track record in F1 and he made McLaren Group what it is today.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
ehhh... Ranault is one man show.... Engine and CHassis all done by one company which is Renault... :)

Mclaren is a 2 men show lo... Engine is Mercedes while chassis is Mclaren themselves... :)

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
si|verfish said:
What was it that you didn't agree with? Did I say he was a bad team boss? What I meant was he was a different team boss.

Flavio, straight to the point? Hah! Don't make me laugh. Who's the guy making noises now, for example? The man can't even talk properly. Half the time he is incomprehensible.

Team bosses are supposed to defend the interests of the team. Making noises is inevitable. Or don't you watch football?

Right, Ferrari's domination is a byproduct of Ron Dennis managing McLaren....right...good point...

Please check where did I state such a thing?

And you somehow know all this for a fact?

Dude, you should probably re-read my initial post. Seems to me like you are getting a lot of it wrong. And you don't have to attack Ron Dennis while you're at the process of defending Flavio. I don't really care about Ron Dennis. All I know is he runs the team I support. He also has a great track record in F1 and he made McLaren Group what it is today.
haha why i expected u to be so defensive.. anyway flavio doesnt whine about why his team does not win.. in fact what he is commenting now is more of ron altitude in doing things.. however u put it the way he sign alonso or to some extend montoya does not seems any where sportsmanship to me.. or gentleman like..

so that u know i don like some football managers as well.. those that cant accept the fact that their team wasnt particular good at times and keep looking for some pretty lame excuse.. be a man.. admit when ur not good (hence personnaly i don like ron as i feel he talk this way kinda lot, i mean u don see flavio talk shit when renault loose.. he will jus keep quiet n admit other team is doing better.. thats the diff in case u don know)

well ferrari's domination to some extent shows that ron is loosing the plot.. i mean his way of managing work when things were less complicate but things have changed far more than that.. ron to some extend hav been too ambitous in expanding its mclaren outfit (mclaren SLR anyone?, tech center and all sort of stuff).. while to be fair all this expansion may prove beneficial in a longer run but sorry it does not seems to work now.. in fact most of the time it seems it distract mclaren effort in building a championship winning car.. no disrespect for ferrari but mclaren make it easy for them to dominate.. in case u wanna point out the fact why im pointing my finger to Mclaren n not other top teams thats becoz other team boss make less noise.. (and some has less budget)

i did re-read ur post.. well i believe ur post comment that flavio does not run the ship like other team boss? haha.. i doubt so.. look at his record.. build a team from new entry to f1 championship winning team (benetton and renault).. i recall not many team boss able to do that with 2 diff team n 2 diff drivers.. not jean todd n not even ron..

and as both of us has been expressing our opinion many times i recall u like facts.. well fact is renault was better than mclaren in 2005 (and steadily better each year since renault enter as a full factory team as oppose to fluctuating performance from mclaren).. doesnt that implicate flavio manage better?

P/S: im aware of the great history of mclaren.. but f1 is a very competitive environment.. history help ur credential but does not means everything.. look at williams for instance.. hell even ferrari took 20+ yrs to get back to winning streak (n it was about 5 to 7 yrs since jean todd take over that ferrari won a championship, flavio i think did it in a lesser time without michael schmacher.. im not sure about u, but thats an archivement worth taking the hats off)

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Mate,

I don't care about Flavio or Ron Dennis.

Therefore, I couldn't be bothered to further this discussion with you, mate.

Cheers.

PS: Not to mean I agree with you.

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
evo3 said:
ehhh... Ranault is one man show.... Engine and CHassis all done by one company which is Renault... :)

Mclaren is a 2 men show lo... Engine is Mercedes while chassis is Mclaren themselves... :)
team renault might be under a same name but they hav 2 factories.. one in france for engine and one in uk (former bennetton team) for chassis.. its not easy to coordinate 2 factories with a relatively low budget to perform that sort of efficiency renault is showing.. in fact its not easy to get english and french working so well as many will know..

while u jus get straight to my point about mclaren (even though there might be something i would like to voice out diffly).. mclaren is part own by mercedes (i believe most ppl would know this) and ron is the team boss.. the reason they seems to be a 2 man show well i can only think of a reason.. ron cant overpowered mercedes and hence cant manage it as well as flavio to renault.. n thats after taking into account that mclaren n mercedes been working with each other for a long time and still not able to resolve that.. it seems they always hav to compromise.. 2003 or 2004 anyone? hell even 2005 u can sense to some extend mclaren personnals were pretty much let down by the other engine factory

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
si|verfish said:
Mate,

I don't care about Flavio or Ron Dennis.

Therefore, I couldn't be bothered to further this discussion with you, mate.

Cheers.

PS: Not to mean I agree with you.
haha.. well the thread was about flavio and ron so i m jus pointing out comments i think not fair to flavio.. agree with me anot i already archieve what i want.. let others have a 2 side story

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
GT3 said:
while u jus get straight to my point about mclaren (even though there might be something i would like to voice out diffly).. mclaren is part own by mercedes (i believe most ppl would know this) and ron is the team boss.. the reason they seems to be a 2 man show well i can only think of a reason.. ron cant overpowered mercedes and hence cant manage it as well as flavio to renault.. n thats after taking into account that mclaren n mercedes been working with each other for a long time and still not able to resolve that.. it seems they always hav to compromise.. 2003 or 2004 anyone? hell even 2005 u can sense to some extend mclaren personnals were pretty much let down by the other engine factory
Now that's a fact.