Fiat Bravo 1.6 auto

thefryingfox

Jun 27, 2005
KL
My mom is thinking of getting a used unit for her usage
currently she drives a '91 Proton Saga Megavalve and she wants something conti-ish

So i suggested her the bravo. the reason is i too am in love with this machine. the looks from the back is simply astonishing and i've researched around and i've found many selling it around 38k onwards

heres my question as im new to ZTH
1)how is the fuel consumption like?
2)Are spareparts expensive?
3) what to look out for when purchasing a 2nd hand fiat bravo

the particular model that im looking for is the 1.6
i've seen a 1.8gt for 50k which i think is not much of a hoohaa especially if my mom is driving it. she goes around 100-120kmh max and does not need the extra power

so any sifu here got any idea or have owned a unit and willing to share some valueble insight with me?

thanks again

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
thefrying fox, first off, there is no auto transmission for Bravos, be it the 1.8GT or the 1.6SX. but there is auto trans for Brava, the 5 door version. i am driving the 1.8GT, white color Bravo. i am letting go off mine at RM42k, all in. you can check out more at www.italiaauto.com as that is where all the Italian car fanatics reside. i am the commitee there too. but to answer your question.

1. fuel consumption? well, it depends on your right foot. the heavier it gets, the lower the mileage, thus higher the consumption. this goes to all other cars as well. but at 80km/h, you can save a lot, even 100km/h. town driving, lotsa gas used, highways the best.
2. spare parts, definitely more expnesive than Proton. why? because it is imported from Italy, as standard OEM parts are by Magnetti Marelli, Valeo, Brembo, Bosch, Weber, Bendix and lot others. but it will not kill you, if you found yourself a good well taken care of Bravo. and parts last lot longer too.
3. what to look for? well, if possible 2 blue keys and 1 burgundy key, along with the key code card. the rest, engine reliability, check the leakages on the gearbox, after 7 years, it may need to be serviced, mine's done. wear and tear parts are usual stuff, all cars need to be changed too.

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
by the way, here's mine for your viewing.

do call or SMS me at 012.287.8350 regarding your quest.

thefryingfox

Jun 27, 2005
KL
hehe i've seen your car
always park at the roundabout inside techpark ontop the hill
you work there?
i studied at apiit and your car really chun
but 42k abit hard alto your car is worth everysingle penny i can digg

budget around 38k only as i just started to work and really love this car.

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
thefrying fox, hehe yes i was at TPM, i worked there for the last 6 years. but i quit and i am on my own now. pretty hard to pay the monthly installment now of RM832 since i am on my own and business just started. that is why i have to sell it off anf get me a cash Alfa Romeo 155 hehe. i love the Italians and can never want any other hehe. however, your RM38k budget suits the car, but if you are interested, we can always talk about the price. i can always take out some things to bring the value down to your budget. anyway, i just changed the tyres, Bridgestone Potenza G3 all round. serviced on Tuesday and i can assure you, there is no problem with the car. we have a club and you can ask questions about my beloved Bravo with them hehe. have you joined Italiaauto? please do so bro, good things come to you.

navin_sangara

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
thefryingfox...m selling my fiat brava(A) for a cheap price only 18k(nego)....it is in good condition..it has a beautiful blue...with 16"silver white sport rims....but as usual has a few scratchers...but overall it still looks good....contact me at 0123266409...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I made one myself at home ,
i think it works not bad ,

material = plastic bottle , gas hose < i'am using 9mm transparent type > and sponge like thing that you often get when buying delicate items like computer internals ,

well still i wonder what is actually inside of a real oil catch tank
< the truth is i asked some big tuning expensive car shop and they told me inside was empty >
hmmm .....

and my one , i notice that oil in black begins to clog on the sponge where i insert some...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience