FF chassis with Evo, GSR or Mivec power.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Hi guys

i just have a question to ask. When you drop in an Evo or GSR engine into an FF Chassis (Lancer, Wira, Satria, Putra... etc) What do garages do to the gearbox? What does "locking it to FF" mean? What exactly do they do? I mean, you have to use the evo gearbox in tandem to the engine right? The original gearbox is too weak i reckon?

I am toying with the idea of an Evo V engine and undercarriage transplant.. but then i am afraid 300 bhp is too much for my Colt... and quite honestly i know no head nor tail of this "locking to FF" procedure. Is it some backyard engineering thingy?

Actually i am more keen in a Mivec DOHC 4G92 conversion.. but i am afraid it wont be worth the $$. I have heard stories that Mivec power is quite mediocre. I am ultimately looking @ ard 200bhp mark. Will appreciate if you guys can point me in the right direction!

---------- Post added 05-24-2010 at 12:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 05-23-2010 at 08:53 PM ----------

will appreciate any feedback from any one with an FF Evo, GSR or Mivec conversion done to their rides thanks very much.

Top Bottom