external or internal fuel pump?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
My internal pump just kong. I'll be getting a "new" unit from kreta potong. I see many modders use external fuel pump....and I'm thinking of using one. I need to know what is the advantage of using external fuel pump compared to the internal ones? Are external pumps designed for performance or they are just outdated pumps (compared to internal fuel pumps-in tank type)

As i would likely to get the fuel pump from kdeai kreta potong, how do I know the capability of the pump, like how many cc per minute...etc.

thanks

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
u can use external pump but if u use standard fuel tank...when cornering be prepared for fuel starvation...cause the fuel is sliding with the G force...most people use external pump with racing fuel tank...better use back ur standard internal pump then if not enough fuel then add external pump...internal pump can suck continues fuel in ur standard tank even when cornering...u can try if dont believe...

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
From what I heard, internal pump will last longer due to it's soak in the fuel thus giving cooler working condition but the problem is, need to take down the whole fuel tank when changing or service the pump. As for external pump, good thing is easy to change, service or upgrade. :regular_smile:

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
From my experience.. external fuel pump would be more like the original internal fuel pump into a surgetank and than from there two more high capcity pumps into your engine.. this will help with cornering lack of fuel...

kiran84

500 RPM
Feb 1, 2005
dunno
Visit site
I have an external fuel pump for sale......merc brand, made in germany.........

very good condition and much more quieter than the bosch pumps..............
price : RM how much u can offer................

From my experiance, external fuel pumps gives a lot of extra power compared to internal pumps, as the internal pumps are weaker than external pumps........
This is wat i feel lar, dont shoot me ok.....................

question - If internal pumps are good, why most of the sport cars, rally cars use external pumps? i was just thinking lar..............

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Kiran,
sound like a good item. What is the capacity of the external pump (cc/minute or max psi of the pump)...need to knw before I buy it...

kiran84

500 RPM
Feb 1, 2005
dunno
Visit site
Hey bro, its 255lph..................

basically, no problem for the usage for car engines below 2.2cc...........

So how intrested? PM me ya , offer me ur price ok.............

Pls sms me at 0122083776 or u can even call me, going offline now.............

thanks

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
that traslate to abt 425cc/minute, or 0.45liter/minute. Right ar? Anyway, does the fuel pump has got a bracket and rubber mountings?

kiran84

500 RPM
Feb 1, 2005
dunno
Visit site
I think ya lar........but it is confirm tht u can use it lar.......no problem one

its just the fuel pump and the hoses tht comes together with the pump when i bought it.................

its in very good condition lar.....dun worry..............

So u intrested or not?