Kuala Lumpur
any bros used this engine oil before ?

is this a reliable brand ?

was checking out their website but does not say the origin of this oil

bros who used this engine oil before appreciate if can share is it good or bad

Enhanced Vehicle

Oct 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
It should be additives, not addictives, hehe... Never heard of this brand.
I think this oil is less likely to be recycled oil.... If the brand owner really want to make quick money and go disappeared, I think they will distribute in spare part shops first, but looks like they are distributing this lubricant at workshops, which the brand will go nearer to the users and the selling volume will be smaller...

Only 2 ways to tell if the oil is good or bad:
1) Do a VOA, aka Virgin Oil Analysis
2) Use it

Just my 2 cents

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i was asking about the price last 2 weeks before cny and was quoted around RM 90-100 for it. cant remember exact price.

the mechanic keep saying its good oil. so i decided to do a search and suprisingly the website does not says which country its from. just saw from label estremo italy.

italy got produce engine oil meh ?

Never heard before this brand.

Be careful, could be a recycled oil brand...

Is it expensive?

Enhanced Vehicle

Oct 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i was asking about the price last 2 weeks before cny and was quoted around RM 90-100 for it. cant remember exact price.

the mechanic keep saying its good oil. so i decided to do a search and suprisingly the website does not says which country its from. just saw from label estremo italy.

It should be locally developed product and brand...

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Most probably it's owned by a minister or something

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This is so sad. It's Johor, not Balakong. :biggrin:

Domain Name: ESTREMOINTERNATIONAL.COM
Created on: 23-Nov-10
Expires on: 23-Nov-13
Last Updated on: 30-Nov-12

Registrant:
Abner Lim Kia Peng
16, Jalan Sukiman Sahlan
Taman Lian Seng
Kluang, Johore 86000
Malaysia
I wish they had marketed it as a Malaysian brand, rather than Italian. With Google these days the truth can be found so easily. Having said this however, it doesn't mean the oil is bad. Just that the marketing is bad. The oil could be a repackaged oil from a reputable brand/manufacturer, we'll never know.

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
thanks bro Izzo for the info.

hmm... wondering any bro have used this engine oil before?

QUOTE=Izso;1064263533]This is so sad. It's Johor, not Balakong. :biggrin:

I wish they had marketed it as a Malaysian brand, rather than Italian. With Google these days the truth can be found so easily. Having said this however, it doesn't mean the oil is bad. Just that the marketing is bad. The oil could be a repackaged oil from a reputable brand/manufacturer, we'll never know.[/QUOTE]

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I remember "AGIP" engine oil is from Italy.....

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

This is so sad. It's Johor, not Balakong. :biggrin:

I wish they had marketed it as a Malaysian brand, rather than Italian. With Google these days the truth can be found so easily. Having said this however, it doesn't mean the oil is bad. Just that the marketing is bad. The oil could be a repackaged oil from a reputable brand/manufacturer, we'll never know.
Lubricant is tough market, try to sound imported.....:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Why dont you try it? and write a review in ZTH later?? i'm sure many ppl in ZTH would be keen to know the results

thanks bro Izzo for the info.

hmm... wondering any bro have used this engine oil before?

QUOTE=Izso;1064263533]This is so sad. It's Johor, not Balakong. :biggrin:

[/QUOTE]

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why dont you try it? and write a review in ZTH later?? i'm sure many ppl in ZTH would be keen to know the results
I work for an oil and gas company. I'm too paranoid about oil brands to want to try random oils.

Besides, I can't afford to do a UOA everytime I test an oil sample. I actually did do a UOA for the Rock Oil I sampled sometime back but I haven't heard back the test results yet. That's what I get for being cheap and asking people to do me favours.

The only way I can think of testing oils without a UOA is testing the oil temperature, how it holds up with constant redlining, the general feel of the oil and what it looks like after I drain it. I could do that but it'd be very unscientific and I don't have a oil temp gauge yet.

Eh.. wait - I do have the gauge. I haven't installed it yet! Dang.. new DIY once my car is back from the workshop!

DIYers like me are stingy buggers. I wouldn't pay for an oil that I'm not familiar with and use it unless it was given to me free. Free usually means unbiased opinions too, to some extent

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I work for an oil and gas company. I'm too paranoid about oil brands to want to try random oils.

Besides, I can't afford to do a UOA everytime I test an oil sample. I actually did do a UOA for the Rock Oil I sampled sometime back but I haven't heard back the test results yet. That's what I get for being cheap and asking people to do me favours.

The only way I can think of testing oils without a UOA is testing the oil temperature, how it holds up with constant redlining, the general feel of the oil and what it looks like after I drain it. I could do that but it'd be very unscientific and I don't have a oil temp gauge yet.

Eh.. wait - I do have the gauge. I haven't installed it yet! Dang.. new DIY once my car is back from the workshop!

DIYers like me are stingy buggers. I wouldn't pay for an oil that I'm not familiar with and use it unless it was given to me free. Free usually means unbiased opinions too, to some extent
Iszo just wondering, how do you tell a good oil from a bad one by just looking at it? :hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Iszo just wondering, how do you tell a good oil from a bad one by just looking at it? :hmmmm:
Well, specifically referring to draining - say I use the oil for 5000km and when I drain it, it comes out almost crystal clear. What does that tell you?

- Detergents are non existent or rubbish.
- Your engine is not being cleaned of varnish and whatever acidic chemicals that's building up inside and the sludge is not being removed.

Therefore the oil is not a good cleaner oil. Doesn't mean it's not a good oil, just that its purpose might not be suitable for daily driven cars.

If you look at how Royal Purple works, that's one helluva killer cleaner oil. Someone I know uses it for flushing purposes. Rich mans flush!

Also, if you pull out the dipstick and the oil seems sludgy or too watery, it means the oil breaks down really fast in your engine either meaning it's too fragile to be used in your car or it's just rubbish oil. But this is more easily seen when draining la, dipstick checking isn't quite a fair check

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Morgan Motor Company has been steadily producing cars that are wonderful throwbacks to yesteryear with their classic lines that reminisce the beauty of autos from those times.

The fly in the ointment though was that the shape of their cars didn’t change much over the course of time. Now you might argue that that would be paradoxical because...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience