EP3 type R. where to get parts?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

zan

2,000 RPM
i need some help. i am conducting a case of one Honda Civic type-R EP3. my problem now is, i have no parts price reference to this model, even from Kah Motor.

as this car is below 5 years old, insurance companies as well as adjusters are not allowed to recommend used or local parts as regulated by Bank Negara.

if u know where i could find parts price for this car, pls let me know.

i really appreciate it. and one more thing, how much anybody can reckon is the market price for this model, built in 2002 but register in msia in 2004?

out of topic a bit...zan, what happened to that ep3 laa?..accident izzit?

avoided wild boar, lost control and crashed into a ditch. bumpers broken, headlamps, windscreen and whole suspension parts need to change.

wild boar dead.

go to SS15 opposite the highway facing metropolitan college

means if you are heading to SS19, the shoplots on your left after the flyover.

before the caltex petrol station there is one spare parts shop called Exceptional Auto.

look for the PIC there, Ah Soon.

he should be able to give you the price (RCP) that you need.

last time all honda parts whether local or imported even 2nd gen also got parts. hehe... might as well give it a try there.

yep, go to Ah Soon...he got so many Honda parts...aiyoh, sedih la bro, a EP3R crashed..the car is the one in Johor ke?

Last edited:
try out Exceptional Auto.

or u can try contacting suppliers in Singapore.

zan said:
i need some help. i am conducting a case of one Honda Civic type-R EP3. my problem now is, i have no parts price reference to this model, even from Kah Motor.

as this car is below 5 years old, insurance companies as well as adjusters are not allowed to recommend used or local parts as regulated by Bank Negara.

if u know where i could find parts price for this car, pls let me know.

i really appreciate it. and one more thing, how much anybody can reckon is the market price for this model, built in 2002 but register in msia in 2004?

zan,

So far, as i knew u can get price quotation from this 2 kedais. Both are importer for ORIGINAL Honda parts. Pricewise??. Be ready $$$:biggrin: . :-

1. Lin Hup Seng, Jalan Ipoh, KL. (Block before & Besides Perodua Sales Jln Ipoh)
Tel :- 03-62576975, 03-62576976

2. Kedai near SS15, as mentioned by Miton. Don't know where i put the call card. But i noticed this kedai's price is a bit cheaper than above.

I've experienced both kedai while scouting for my Honda Euro R original engine parts. but as said earlier, be prepared a lot of $$$, cause their price really gila2 & inconsistent. My suggestion is try to get the quaotation first and compared. Hopefully, that will save u some $$$.

Other than that is thru kedai potongs. I've posted a DETAILS LIST OF KEDAI POTONG FOR KLANG VALLEY sometimes ago under Car Modification thread. It consist around 83 kedai potongs. Call them all and asked. Hopefully they got stock EP3 potongs!!, cause last time i notice got few DC5 cuts.

Good luck to u.

if you are still sleeping,

zan is an adjuster for an insurance company and he is seeking for our help.

MitonCT26 said:

ok thanx for all info. i will let my boss do the callings..heh heh

i work with an independent adjuster company, we have about 13 panel insurance companies including AXA, AVIVA, AM, ASIA, MAYBANK, RHB, TOKIO MARINE, RHB, JERNEH and LONPAC among others.

and yes ace79, the EP3 is in Johor.

MitonCT26 said:

bro..plz mind ur words..

u oso stil sleeping......do u know im from where?

zan DIN MENTION HE IS AN ADJUSTER..HOW I KNNOW?

kenny, if u follow and read the postings clearly in "car talk" before this topic, ZAN earns a living as an adjuster. u remember the "SAVVY" accident pics? ?

ZAN,

since u r the adjuster......the workshop wil get the parts for the car...

so u can ask the price from the workshop in-charge person as a reference....at least u can know what the price range.....

search it from another workshop tat claim this kind of car before....will be more accurate......see thru all ur panel insurance n see which did this car model before

search it thru workshop, adjuster n insurance companies...wil be beter....

if u search it outside, ur quotation wil be cut down the price by insurance company rite? coz u dun not hv strong documents to suport the price...unless u hv the bills for the car parts.

juz my 2 cents...shoot me if im wrong...

fstrader said:
kenny, if u follow and read the postings clearly in "car talk" before this topic, ZAN earns a living as an adjuster. u remember the "SAVVY" accident pics? ?

erm....so Sorry

i forgot the name...but if he tel in this thread....so i wont misunderstood lo..... :rock:

so since you say shoot you if you are wrong, no hard feelings ok? :D

workshops only know the price for parts for common cars.

cars like EP3, EVO 4-9, scooby they wont know and they only ask their loyal spareparts dealer for help.

usually, it wont work. why? i deal with these guys before.

their papa-mama spareparts shop will ask around their papa-mama members got jalan or got stock or not, in which the buck being passed around thousand times.

adjusters do not fall for that. they will get their prices and references from official dealers and importers, rarely they will lialise with these grey spareparts importer or even potong kereta cars, as if my memory still sound, cars more than 10 years cant claim new parts ( i might be wrong )

kenny,

if i am still sleeping, you should rephrase your words first. judging a people busybody as you quoted leave the case to the owner and asking if zan is the owner of the car is biased toward him. so, siapa makan cili, mesti la mamat tu pedas. :D

MitonCT26 said:
if i am still sleeping, you should rephrase your words first. judging a people busybody as you quoted leave the case to the owner and asking if zan is the owner of the car is biased toward him. so, siapa makan cili, mesti la mamat tu pedas. :D

wat tis phrase mean? i not understand

old car is given two choices to repair their car....one is given used/taiwan new parts for their vehicles....another solution is to get them new/oem parts but wit the deal, the owner hv to pay for the cost charging for their car 'Betterment" - kind of depreciation....

workshop wil need to buy or get parts for the EP3, where they get n how they get doesnt mater...they hv the bills.....juz wanna know the price for the parts....so roughly u can get the price....

then u search outside sourcing...to make a beter or more accurate price list....

if u wan 100% corect, gv a call to honda company japan by telling them the chassis number n code of the Ep3, then only u can proceed to the next....u cant get price/part if u dun hv the code of the Ep3....this wil be the best solution....currency u convert urself :rock:

wahh..became fire kaa this thread? i hope we all cant be frenz..and not fire each other.

as an adjuster, i need to find reliable parts price which adjuster and insurance companies can trust. i already asked Honda Malaysia, they say not much can do as EP3 parts are not in the parts catalogue system.

we are doing this as a favour to the workshop, they said they cant find prices to quote. which was why i refer this here at zth. i know u r all very helpuful.

i had passed the info to my boss..let him do the decision. i had done my job.

thank u all u guys..:D

if really cant get actual price....

wat my fren (adjusters as well) did is...ask the workshop for the price....they muz know coz they b uy parts....all parts got price....

then u juz mark up al the price.....this is because adjuster repot need to deduct tis n tat....then pas it to insuran....ans insuran have to cut this n tat again...

so u hv to mark-up the price...so after deduct....the price stil is ok..not too low...

if too low, adjuster wil shoot by insuran....coz insuran shoot by workshop....workshop shoot by owner...am i rite?

*corect me if im wrong...

the problem was, even the workshop has no idea how much they should quote. i had been an adjuster since 5 years ago, handling more than 3,000 cases on my hand alone. i know all the tricks, whether by the book or not.

when i first started this job, every workshop thought i knew nothing and tried to bulshit me. they didnt know the fact i have 5 years work experince with proton, alfa romeo and toyota.

back to the initial issue...this case was handled by my boss. he came to me and asked whether i could find out where to get 'reliable' parts price. i knew i cud get help from zthians among other ways.

well, i had learnt some ppl are most helpful. and some are not.

anyway, the case had been closed. i am not sure how my boss managed. thanx again to all :D

Top Bottom