Engine oil above dipstick normal level

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mirage2929

Known Member
hi, what will happen if my mechanic accidently pour in more engine oil
than normal.

I am very sure many of u have faced this problem coz mechanics uses
the "agak-agak" technique when pouring engine oil.

will it damage engine or decrease performance?

Thanks

if exceed a little is okay, if exceeds alot is not good because the engine oil would cause the gasket for the oil pan area and also the drive shafts seals to wear off faster. Once worn out, u would face oil leaks from these areas.

not sure about the gaskets but i have heard of problems caused by too much engine oil.

can't really remember what though, read sumwhere b4

for carb car...the petrol will come out from carb lorr..make u air fillter wet...kancil is best exzample.....fro injection car i think si ok...

if over the limit..1st u will felt the engine little "heavy" some more the oil seal easy leaking,i hear this from my foreman,don know how true is it^^

too much of oild is bad. having too much oil will do as much damage to bearings as having too little. If there's too much, the crank has to work harder to splash through the oil, thus heating it up more and heating up the sleeve bearings more as well

Last edited:
there is a minimum n maximum level od d oil measurer there.....dun pour oil more than max level too much...

my fren altezza.....too much oil n still wacked engine KAU KAU......Kaboom......engine boom.....tow back to workshop n overhaul bout rm10k..all parts from japan..ned to order n wait for one month

workshop tel him an example......if u pour over too much......ur car cannot breath oledi....so kaboom

"if u pour over too much......ur car cannot breath oledi....so kaboom"

Perfectly put Huakenny!!

hahaha....exceed bit won't give any harm to engine. But too much exceed with will create leakage since oil pressure to high and engine will felt very "heavy" and hard to move....

Just like you drink too much water and run see how.

ok..guys..one question..

the engine oil level MAX is when the engine is hot..or cold ar?..

lonewolf said:
ok..guys..one question..

the engine oil level MAX is when the engine is hot..or cold ar?..

when ur engine is cold down.....if not sure then u check d oil at the morning b4 u start ur car..the most acurate

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom