engine cut off by itself

mickeysew814

Known Member
I'm driving proton satria 1.3 fuel injection with manual transmission and i facing some weird problem with my engine.

When decelerating either during cornering or traffic light, where i pressing the brake pedal and clutch to neutral the gear, my dashboard vibrate and some time the engine just cut off by itself (especially cornering). EIt even more frequencies if i park my car under the sun for some time. It can cut off for a few time when decelerating.

i)May i know what is happening? Is it due to the engine timing?

ii) if to setup the timing, where can i do it and roughly how much will it cost? ( i saw proton service center got some portable device which can use to tune the timing, can this be helpful?

Thanks in advance!~

throttle body problem, u need to change it. what year is yr car?

if its stepII engine, the throttle need to be replace
if its stepI engine, u can change the plastic clip inside. anyway go to workshop, they will be able to assist.

step I step II? Er.. 4 years old car. what would be the price range le? thx thx thx!~

go to spare part shop...it should be stepII, around rm300 to rm400

don be sad....coz this upgraded version does not have replica and not available at chop shop....go svc centre and see if u can kao tim the ppl there...who knows...

Bump: don be sad....coz this upgraded version does not have replica and not available at chop shop....go svc centre and see if u can kao tim the ppl there...who knows...

just when for checking. Confirm is TB problem. Uncle charge me RM25 to service and what he do is:

i) open my filter (clean it with compress gas) to access tb
ii) without removing the tb, he use thinner to clean my tb
iii) then use a electronic instrument to check n set timing.
iv) wait awhile (bout 8mins) then start engine, he say: kaodim!

Tomorrow will go back again to change oil filter since never change from the moment i buy :driver:

Thx guys!

Top Bottom