• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

romen_

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
kl
[fixed] Emanage Blue - Main Unit Update Failed

Hello all sifus + pros,

a little background of the car; I'm running a myvi 1.0 (ej-ve) with a bawah-pokok style bolt-on supercharger, boosting a low 0.4 bar
i've been using emanage blue for around 6 months now, with tuning previously done properly on a dyno. Car runs good + rich on boost, no major issues :D

Now, i got curious on how to DIY a e-manage cable, so i followed an online guide using a DKU5 cable. I was successful with the cable, but i think i messed up my EMB.

Here's a step-by-step on how i messed up my emanage:-

1. Connect diy cable to both laptop and emb
2. Turned ignition to on. Active light was green.
3. Started the Emanage Support Tool (v1.49).
4. The Support Tool program immediately asked me to perform a Main Unit Update, and I selected the 'GSC01.p' file.
5. Transfer starts.
6. EMB Active light is a solid green, USB interaction light is off.
7. Progress reaches around 00:25 secs, with around 5-6 blue blocks.
8. Support Tool program says "update failed". EMB active light is off, USB interaction light is orange.

Then i attempt to retry it. When i turn Ignition to Off, then On again:-
1. EMB Active light flashes red, green and orange.
2. I try to repeat the Main Unit Update, the sequence from earlier (5 to 8) repeats and fails.
3. Tried again for another 20 times, still fails at the same time / block.

Question:
1. Will doing a "Main Unit Update" wipeout my maps?
2. What does the flashing green, red and orange Active light mean? I know error codes should be all in red.
3. What are the steps to update the main unit properly? Also, what is the recommended Support tool version (I have v1.11, v1.13, v1.20 and v1.49), and what is the best firmware (I have v1.39, v1.40, v1.49)?

After some study, I realised that when I used Support Tool v1.49 with included firmware 1.49, the program will check the current version stored in the e-manage itself, and attempt to update it to a newer one.

Possibly if i have used an older program, then I will not have faced this issue. :banghead:

Ah well, nasi sudah menjadi bubur; hope someone here in ZTH can give me a hand! Thanks! :D

Last edited:

romen_

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
kl
Okay, managed to understand the problem myself :biggrin:

all started with my lousy diy cable made from a nokia dku-5 cable
when i got a working Emanage cable from my tuner, the main unit update went well :D

Just for everyone's info, during main unit update:-
1. Active light orange, interaction light also orange.
2. Will take 2mins+
3. Maps will NOT be lost

Car is running fine again, now time to finish up mechanical mods and then send for a dyno tune again :D

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
your map is not lost, but some of your initial parameter settings may be messed up. have you checked your throttle position settings is long gone after you have updated the unit?