EG8 swap in 1.7cc i-vtech?

ahbong81

Hi hodarian,
i believe EG8 can swap in 1.7 i-vtech (dono the engine code). so:
1) anyone has done it?
2) wat's the price breakdown?
3) how much power does it has compare to D15b and B16A.
i need expertise in answering me. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
intresting...plonking 1.7 hibrid(ivtec) into my EG6,fuel absolutely $afe,$$$$ more save,though,after getting older laa(retire)...huhuhuh

Better check our with our frenly JPJ 1st for issues on legality, if u plan on making it a daily driven car. From what I know is that a considerable amount of $$ must go to the mountings ....

aiyaa .. why must plonk in new engine into an old car .. just buy the 1.7 civic laa .. later on will give u headache pun tak guna

guys...the 1.7 vtec you guys are talking about is from the ES model right?if its so as what i remembered my 1.7 ES is only vtec and not i-vtec.

emm... sorry for my noobies in Honda. It's i-vtec of course. i saw the engine is on sale at Motor Trader. i assume that it is allowed to swap to any Honda car. I only know that JPJ will not approve if; 1) the engine and the car does not has the same brand. 2) if the engine that u gonna swap exceed 300cc compare to your current one. the rest i doono. By the way.. i thought ES should have i-vtec right? how's the fc? anyone?

1) the engine and the car does not has the same brand.

wht do u mean?same brand wht.....honda+honda = honda
as crower mention ...."From what I know is that a considerable amount of $$ must go to the mountings "....and prority for JPJ approval of course
wht cc of ur ride bro?i guess shud be no prob unless urs below 16/500....

Last edited by a moderator:
normal local ES 1.7 is sohc vtec(D17A) comes with 130hp. with the auto transmission in, u'll get about 90++hp on wheel. my fren ek3 (1.3) also sucessfully approved by jpj when he put in b18c type r (1.8)

emm... sorry for my noobies in Honda. It's i-vtec of course. i saw the engine is on sale at Motor Trader. i assume that it is allowed to swap to any Honda car. I only know that JPJ will not approve if; 1) the engine and the car does not has the same brand. 2) if the engine that u gonna swap exceed 300cc compare to your current one. the rest i doono. By the way.. i thought ES should have i-vtec right? how's the fc? anyone?

It's vtec. Not i-vtec. :)

normal local ES 1.7 is sohc vtec(D17A) comes with 130hp. with the auto transmission in, u'll get about 90++hp on wheel. my fren ek3 (1.3) also sucessfully approved by jpj when he put in b18c type r (1.8)

bukan EK3 1500 cc ke?

not i-vtech.. but maybe c-vtech - crippled VTEC.. hahha..

1.7 ES engine? Might as well plonk in a stock B20B block..

My guess is this plan will go down the drain the moment you know of the workmanship fees to do it properly.

bro, only the K-series are using i-vtec.maybe it was a printing error when the seller post it in motortraders. You're right about the ES having i-vtec but only the 2.0L model.trust me the 1.7L is rubbish cos i owned it before and now traded in for the 2.0L model.
EG8?if on a tight budject just plonk in a B16A and you'll hav better power,better FC and the most important is more fun with it!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom