EG clubs/owner etc

if its from the same gearbox then it should be the type r...

the 4.785FD only comes in the integra type r 98spec onwards.

wiki source said that there are also 4.785 S80 used in b18c gsr, is it true?

JDM B18C
SiR/GSR
VTEC
Found in:
95-98 JDM Honda Integra SiR/SiR II (DB8, DC2)
98-99 JDM Honda Integra SiR-G (DB8, DC2)
Identification: Black valve cover with dual runner intake manifold
Red Line: 8200 rpm
Rev-Limit: 8484 rpm- 8550 rpm (*For some only, most newer model SIR/SIR-G cut off at 8254 rpm)
Power: 132.39 kW (180 PS; 178 bhp) @ 7200 rpm & 128 lb·ft (174 N·m) @ 6200 rpm
Displacement: 1,797 cc (109.7 cu in)
Compression: 10.6:1
Bore: 81 mm (3.2 in)
Stroke: 87.2 mm (3.4 in)
ECU code: P72
VTEC Engagement @ 4500 rpm
Transmission S80 (with optional LSD)

Honda B engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and 1 more question, rechip if is not that type buy and pnp chip, is fully tuned according to ur car, can be used?:itsme:

ALL B series VTECs has optional LSD when buying the car (new) (except for the type R which is factory fitted)

the 4.785 is not the LSD... thats the final drive....and this final drive i only know comes in the 98spec dc2-r

i know the final and optional lsd thing, but i do notice the gsr b18c use S80 gearbox which same as the 98spec type r, will that mean their final drive and lsd will be same as ITR?

nope... theres actually 2 versions of the S80 iirc.. the one with the 4.7FD has an extra code to it....cant remember wat it is already

type r is helical...

non type r is not....but im not sure wat kind it is... there hasnt really been much talk about the LSD used in non type r gearboxes....i myself never really bothered to research :P

sifu madman,i got 2 problem here, what u suspect it would be?

1.) when i full throttle, the rpm meter tend to spike, like when i am 5.5rpm vtec on, suddenly after while it jump to 9.5k, but it is not clutch loose since i use exedy 4 puck, rev cut set at 8.6k and when the rpm spike, there is no sound of rev cut....what cause these?

2.) when high rpm shifting gear, 1th,2nd,3rd and 4th no problem, but 5th got small grok sound,why? what caused this?

To answer ur 2nd question, it think it's the synchro that causes that noise. It's similar to what I used to have. Also at high rpm and shift that noise is heard. When I changed my gear oil, now i dont have that noise already. I know its only a temporary fix but i'm ok with it. It would be better if u change ur synchro.

btw, what gear oil recommended? i just use normal toyota differential gear oil since mine non lsd........

I'm using Honda MTF-III. it seemed to have temporarily solved my problems. U cant give it a try. I am also not using lsd gear box. but this oil is for lsd and non lsd. u can check in my build thread. thers's a pic there.

Regarding ur 1st question, u mean ur rpm jumps right? I have the same problem but my speedometer. any idea why is that so?

Last edited:
my gear grok sound not happen always,but often.... for the meter problem,some say ground not enough, since sometime when i press brake, the right side signal light got dimly light up a bit, if some times turn that signal on while braking, seem like got sot...

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

nid sifu madman fast fast come in liao

ic. that noise is the synchro la. b series gearbox has that problem. quite common. but i normally 3rd gear.

1) never heard before..but since signal etc got sot...check yer wiring

2) worn synchros...common b series issue...abt rm500/synchro iirc...brand new. U can mask the problem with certain gear oils like mtf3 or redline..but not guaranteed both will work...tengok nasib. N take note i used the word mask...not solve.

Sorry for late reply...me wife just gave birth so in the midst of the confinment at in laws, no internet n pc here...rplied this oso using phone

madman, congratulations on your new born child!!! Hope the child and your wife are both fine.

Thanks bro...baby is 3weeks already..my son n mu wife r both doing very well

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom