EG clubs/owner etc

seriously, my previous d16a1 non vtec really having impressive low end, i can study the stroke between d and b series u will know why it is possible..... b = short rod high rev engine, d = high stroke torque monster (stroke is 90) ..... and b ,d produces almost the same torque, just 10-20nm different in stock, problem is, b max torque at 7.5k rpm, d max torque at 3.5k rpm...... u judge... that is why last time i almost go for d turbo.... but if b turbo and d turbo, d will have more low end then b , but the dohc vtec make b much more superior then d..lol... and the d is much more harder and $$ to source aftermarket parts then b, that is the cons...

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

new quote for b16 today:biggrin:

Vtec is just a fancy way of saying "my car doesnt produce power till 5000rpm"

seriously, my previous d16a1 non vtec really having impressive low end, i can study the stroke between d and b series u will know why it is possible..... b = short rod high rev engine, d = high stroke torque monster (stroke is 90) ..... and b ,d produces almost the same torque, just 10-20nm different in stock, problem is, b max torque at 7.5k rpm, d max torque at 3.5k rpm...... u judge... that is why last time i almost go for d turbo.... but if b turbo and d turbo, d will have more low end then b , but the dohc vtec make b much more superior then d..lol... and the d is much more harder and $$ to source aftermarket parts then b, that is the cons...

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

new quote for b16 today:biggrin:

Vtec is just a fancy way of saying "my car doesnt produce power till 5000rpm"

In usa, d series is powerful than b series, they have alot of aftermarket part dor d series, here d series is like nothing other than turbo it, this is my initial plan also, but turbo for a non factory setup, long term might not be reliable. Since you siad b16 torque almost same like d series, then i should really consider about b18c gsr since over here, the price of b18 is cheaper, some more lsd gearbox...lol

integra b18c need to mod mounting, the gearbox 1 for your civic, unless u are integra, i take b16 since my is eg manual, the eg halfcut just pnp to my car that is y my car finish in 3 days time.... no mounting mod, all cun cun sit like ori eg with b16a:biggrin:

integra b18c need to mod mounting, the gearbox 1 for your civic, unless u are integra, i take b16 since my is eg manual, the eg halfcut just pnp to my car that is y my car finish in 3 days time.... no mounting mod, all cun cun sit like ori eg with b16a:biggrin:

mine is auto, convert.to b16a manual gb mounting also need to mod. i have not much choice of b16 here for eg. the b16a i found is lsd already need 9k plus, if non lsd also need about 8 k... price really making me hard to make decision.. b18c lsd only 8k... haiz.... b16a manual put in our eg sedan dunno will feel heavy or not, in eg6 maybe feel more power??

okok le... just stock with knn open pod, walbro and exedy 4 puck :biggrin:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 91
reduced wheelspin,and improve grip for cornering, some sort of traction improver, but need to see type,lots of type, make sure dun get full lock for daily drive.....

reduced wheelspin,and improve grip for cornering, some sort of traction improver, but need to see type,lots of type, make sure dun get full lock for daily drive.....

im not sure what type of LSD it is, but it come with ori EG6 gb... like those 1 way or 1.5 way will affect daily driven use? or some irritating sound?:confused:

normally just helical, go wiki if u need more info since i only experience 2 main type of lsd, 1 full lock in b16a, low speed u turn, the car tent to pull u back,since both wheels are locked, no rotation speed different is enabled, so tent to pull each other, but high speed no problem,cornering much better since both wheel stick on the road, but if ur road is uneven left and right, will also pull ur steering left and right of the uneven road and also the full locked wheel..... for non full lock is good, it will "free" depent on ur throttle and driving condition.... like 1 way only fully lock when accelerating, when decelerate like corner, wont lock, free, cons is no extra grip when cornering, 1.5 way is good, fully locked on accelerating, 50% locked when decelerating, will not pull each other when slow turn since free move been enabled but still got 50 % grip.... 2 way i dunno..lol... not that high level yet :biggrin:

normally just helical, go wiki if u need more info since i only experience 2 main type of lsd, 1 full lock in b16a, low speed u turn, the car tent to pull u back,since both wheels are locked, no rotation speed different is enabled, so tent to pull each other, but high speed no problem,cornering much better since both wheel stick on the road, but if ur road is uneven left and right, will also pull ur steering left and right of the uneven road and also the full locked wheel..... for non full lock is good, it will "free" depent on ur throttle and driving condition.... like 1 way only fully lock when accelerating, when decelerate like corner, wont lock, free, cons is no extra grip when cornering, 1.5 way is good, fully locked on accelerating, 50% locked when decelerating, will not pull each other when slow turn since free move been enabled but still got 50 % grip.... 2 way i dunno..lol... not that high level yet :biggrin:

lol, so 1 or 1.5way will be good for daily driven use lo ?

yes...i plan to save up for aftermarket 1.5 way, like kaaz of more budget,Mfactory

yes...i plan to save up for aftermarket 1.5 way, like kaaz of more budget,Mfactory

but need to change alot of stuff? im was thinking if the drive shaft broken in future, will it be very hard to find the drive shaft replacement? or the lsd and non lsd drive shaft can interchange?

hurm... my mech and fren told me before, lsd and non lsd are useable,not sure nid sifu madman come tell us:biggrin:.... if got budget go for aftermarket if high powered in the future since 2wd driveshaft if over power tend to break...

Lsd basically only effects ur traction...doesnt really effect anything else...including driveshaft. At most the only change ull need is more expensive gearbox oil as ull need lsd gear oil.

N stock lsd is actually pretty good...best bang for buck lsd is the type r helicals....which is wat im planning to get.

But anyone knows the price of the kaaz 1.5way lsd or any other 2 way lsd?

Lsd basically only effects ur traction...doesnt really effect anything else...including driveshaft. At most the only change ull need is more expensive gearbox oil as ull need lsd gear oil.

N stock lsd is actually pretty good...best bang for buck lsd is the type r helicals....which is wat im planning to get.

But anyone knows the price of the kaaz 1.5way lsd or any other 2 way lsd?

kaaz mostly around 3k range.... that day full lock in marketplace ppl sell 2nd hand for 1800 if not wrong.... u can try out Mfactory, lots of US guy use it and it is sold in malaysia too... normal helical 2200-2400, metal plate (1,1.5,2way) rm2800

bro madman,can integra 4.785 lsd fit to 4.4 y21 ? i mean use the lsd without the final drive

yup....best thing about B series....almost everything is plug n play...

Top Bottom