ECU Problem

daniel b16

Known Member
May 3, 2005
Hey guys i drive an ek4 hatch wiv b16a2 aus spec engine.....wat ecu do i use? obd2a? and can i rechip the ecu? i herd obd1a can rechip but 2 canot? also looking for short shifter for b16a gearbox and also flywheel...thanks!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Flywheel got a plenty.. various weights also.

short shifter.. that one a bit more expensive if sourcing from an EK9.

If using other aftermarket ones.. possibly a lot cheaper.

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
how much is ek9 shifter normally sells?...btw, how to differentiate between the ek9 and normal ek ones?...the rod different color issit?...

btw, i think obd2 can also rechip, but not that poplar here lah...compare to re-chipping of obd1..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
ek9 roughly rm400 to 450 depend on who is selling that rare species!!!!!

the shifter in chrome colour and short i guess....
Really ah.. if you can find, let me know.. I oso want.. haha.. nowdays not so cheap already ah.... I remember from 350->380->400->450->RM500 now!

In fact, my own personal one in my car costed me RM500.. but of course.. I buy only if the condition is very very good. If not, sakit hati also want to pay RM500!

There are two versions.. one is black steel, and another is the chrome stainless steel version.. supposedly the stainless steel one a bit more expensive (mine was) than the black steel one.. but being a rare item nowdays.. you know I know lah what lengths you have to go to to get that RM450 price tag.

Last edited:

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
i never found any tep r linkage with black stainless steel...
btw, daniel.. obd2 still can be rechipped but very hard to find ppl who can do it.
especially the chipping job.

daniel b16

Known Member
May 3, 2005
owh okies...thanks guys for the replies...so i cant juz open up my ecu and change the chip because my fren has the program and software and hardware to rechip ecu but he is using a crx...he said the chip i use looks different as in the kaki of the chips lain...so im thinking is it safe for me juz to bukak my ecu and tukar the chip....
hattech - i emailed ur shop tapi tak dapat reply...check and see...

daniel b16

Known Member
May 3, 2005
would i be able to use a d15b ecu...are the harness part all the same? im using it as a base btu going to rechip it, as i said my mate has the program and the chip and etc juz need an ecu so he bought a d15b, wud i be able to use it? do any of u guys hav the picture of the input part or kaki or the ecu whr the plug goes in?

daniel b16

Known Member
May 3, 2005
but i was told u cant modified obd2 ecus? u can rite? so basically d15b and obd2 is the same so boleh la? thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi peepz. I am a newbie here. Jus looking for suggestions.
Well, i need more power !!
What can I do to maximize the output of my lil engine here.
Only installed K&N filter so far.
I had few in mind: flywheel, cluthplate, performance spark plugs+cables, port polish....

Pls do advice me on how i can extract more power in a not too high budget way(baru masuk keje 1 month ago :P)

Thank you in advance Gurus :)

-mahin-
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience