Dream Auto Fiesta, January 8th 2006 -- Drift In Style!

aditrahim

Jun 24, 2005
Subang Jaya
Dear Drift Aficionados,

In conjunction with DREAM AUTO FIESTA, 2006, organised by the Engineering Students Society of IIUM, dubtechniques and ARMedia Group, we are trying to feature a drifting competition cum exhibition entitled "Drift In Style!" on that day, to be a special feature to the event as well as a surprise for all the visitors of the event.

In view of promoting Drift as a highly-specialized motorsport in Malaysia, as well as creating community awareness and promoting community social responsibility among drifters, I am inviting all enthusiastic drifters as well as drift aficionados to participate in making the event a success, and position Drifting as the motorsport of all motorsport. There are many out there who are yet to be exposed to the joys and exhilaration Drifting brings to the participants, as well as spectators.

I know that there will be another event by my friend Gan on that day itself, namely Star Drift at A Famosa Resort, and thus I urge those who may not be able to make it to the Star Drift event to take part in our drift competition. Prizes will be given out to the Best Drifter, Best Showmanship/Flair, Best Smoker (tyres!) as well as Best Attempt!

Entry fees are a reasonable RM40, and drifters are given ample time (at least 4 hours!) to practice before the competition. Best of the best Drifters will also be invited to perform a Drifting exhibition as the finale of the whole AutoShow.

The location of the AutoShow is in IIUM (International Islamic University/ Universiti Islam Antarabangsa) in Gombak. We will provide maps for all participants and enthusiasts. A briefing session will be held on January 7th at IIUM to let all participants familiarise themselves with the allocated track.

This will be the first time a Drift Competition cum Exhibition will be held in an AutoShow, and on top of that in a University! We will be inviting members of the media to cover the event, especially Drifting, so be sure to find yourself featured either in print or broadcast media!

Let's all make this event a success, first and foremost in the name of Drifting, and to bring more exposure of the sport of Drifting to the masses, as well as potential sponsors. Who knows, you may attract the attention of those who can assist you in realising your dream as a DRIFTER!

We have managed to secure the whole of Convest Hill plus the HELIPAD for our Drift Course. Sakaito and I (as well others who want to join us for a recce this Saturday!) will be reviewing the course and planning the best layout for maximum fun and safety.

Dudes and dudettes, the layout of Convest Hill consists of long stretches which are quite wide, and many potential turning angles. Plus, since its general layout is somewhat downhill, be prepared for some display of great entry speed! The Helipad, on the other hand, is HUGE! Equivalent to 4 football fields, I can only imagine what you people are gonna do in the name of Drifting over there.

Since this will be the first time DRIFT IN STYLE will be held, we are relying on a lot of support from all Drift Enthusiasts such as yourselves to come practise and display your skills, as well as make the event a success. The masterplan for DRIFT IN STYLE would be in effect soon, whereby we are negotiating to secure a dedicated space where all Drift Enthusiasts can practice at least twice a month LEGALLY! The Art Of Drifting is fast becoming a much respected motorsport, and for us to maintain and sustain the respect, we have to work hand in hand with the community and the authorities to keep Drifting within regulated boundaries. Sure, the thrill of Tougeing and Dori Dori downhill on public roads cannot be replicated in such venues, but then again, Drifting is all about professionalism and safety. Drifters are totally beyond the class of illegal street racers, and have to set the standards when it comes to being in control.

For everyone's information, DRIFT IN STYLE is designed to act as a practise ground rather than a major Drift event. Everything is done for the sake of providing the venues for ALL drifters and newcomers to the sport of Drift to gather and help each other gain new skills and polish their present skills further. The idea behind DRIFT IN STYLE is to help break new people into Drift, and also to help prepare all drifters for major events such as R3 SSO, STAR DRIFT, SYNC OPTIMA FRIDAY NITE FEVER as well as others I may have forgotten to mention. We are in full support of all these major events, and have always been.

Anyways, really sorry we couldn't move the date to a later one to accommodate for all who are going for Star Drift in A Famosa. But don't worry....better things have yet to come!!!

For all your support and encouragement, we bid you our utmost gratitude.

To register, just send us the particulars of yourselves (nicknames too!) and your cars to:

[email protected]

Entry fees will be collected on briefing day, January 7th, 2006.

For further info and clarifications, call me!

Adit Rahim
OH ONE THREE 252 00 36