Door Rubber

toyota03

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Guys,

ANyone have any idea on how to fix the door rubber ( weather strip). For those older car, the door rubber is press for many years and harden. Is there any solution or someone try this b4?

Thanks..

:)

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
DIY rubber no good wan...or else ur can will hav d wind sound when u drive fast... ;)

ghostly18

Jan 16, 2004
mine are not old and crusty.. but once a week when i wash and polish my car i also rub vaseline into the weather rubbers on the doors and the other seals.. eg. boot rubbers..

Thats how i keep mine nice and black, fresh and in good rubbery condition.. no leaks as yet..

Only one prob and was with the windscreen.. On the side the rubber had been cut open so i used some glass silicone to waterproof it, i then applied black tyre paint to the silicon and cant even notice the difference between the rubber and silicone.. it was about 4cm..

Otherwise i cant really herlp with reviving ur crappy seals.. u may have to purchase new ones or even from the wreckers and from used cars..

My 2 cents.

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by toyota03@Mar 7 2004, 06:37 PM
Guys,

ANyone have any idea on how to fix the door rubber ( weather strip). For those older car, the door rubber is press for many years and harden. Is there any solution or someone try this b4?

Thanks..

Get the car inner tube and cut into strips. Glue this strip onto the rubber lining to make it thicker. This should help to insulate against wind noise. If a new one is cheaper, go for it. FYI, I just changed mine and it's only RM33 for each side. Of course, it's a Sunny, just like JL's. Cheapest car to maintain. :)

toyota03

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Thanks guy for the reply. I am thinking of stick together with the inner tube like what Headache said bcoz my car rubber is very expensive lor. The price for each is around 300 ++.. Somemore, those ppl cannot certain izit the rubber problem. I can change it but without investigate the main problem, I kena putih putih marrr.. Thats why ask for opinion. Anyway, a frend of mine give me an idea to stick thicker double side tape and it WORKS!!....

Thanks again..

Ketsueki

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by toyota03@Mar 9 2004, 08:39 PM
Thanks guy for the reply. I am thinking of stick together with the inner tube like what Headache said bcoz my car rubber is very expensive lor. The price for each is around 300 ++.. Somemore, those ppl cannot certain izit the rubber problem. I can change it but without investigate the main problem, I kena putih putih marrr.. Thats why ask for opinion. Anyway, a frend of mine give me an idea to stick thicker double side tape and it WORKS!!....

Thanks again..

i do have this problem on my car..
My driver window the rubber is coming up..
Ppl can easily open my door with a ruler..
So before it happen i think should find a way to overcome it.
Buy new 1..is hard.
My car is old type.Need to import from taiwan for the rubber.
DOn u think chop shop can get it?

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
Originally posted by toyota03@Mar 9 2004, 08:39 PM

Thanks again..

whwer to get the inner tube..what it is?

Ketsueki

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by headache+Mar 9 2004, 12:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (headache @ Mar 9 2004, 12:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toyota03@Mar 7 2004, 06:37 PM
Guys,

Thanks..

Get the car inner tube and cut into strips. Glue this strip onto the rubber lining to make it thicker. This should help to insulate against wind noise. If a new one is cheaper, go for it. FYI, I just changed mine and it's only RM33 for each side. Of course, it's a Sunny, just like JL's. Cheapest car to maintain. :) [/b][/quote]
where u buy ?cant found it wor..
RM33 for each side ?which car u applying for?

reubenc

Known Member
Apr 22, 2004
rm 35 for all four doors or only one?

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by Ketsueki+Jun 22 2004, 02:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ketsueki @ Jun 22 2004, 02:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by headache@Mar 9 2004, 12:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-toyota03
@Mar 7 2004, 06:37 PM
Guys,

Thanks..

Get the car inner tube and cut into strips. Glue this strip onto the rubber lining to make it thicker. This should help to insulate against wind noise. If a new one is cheaper, go for it. FYI, I just changed mine and it's only RM33 for each side. Of course, it's a Sunny, just like JL's. Cheapest car to maintain. :)
where u buy ?cant found it wor..
RM33 for each side ?which car u applying for? [/b][/quote]
Bought it in Subang Auto Parts Supply. 31, Jalan SS14/1, Subang Jaya. It's the corner shop next to Caltex and near the roundabout where the police station is. The price is per piece per door. Nissan Sunny 130Y, just like JL's model.
Hope this helps.

Did somebody mention about the inner tube? It's the inner tube of a bicycle or car tyre. Cut it into strips and glue it over the existing rubber lining. Hope this helps.

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
about the inner..tube..i cut it into stripe..stcik in in my window seal?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

want to ask sifoo2, if i want to swap NA 1.6 injection engine into my car, which engine will suit and jpj approve? i'd ask people they say if front wheel drive car cannot fit its engine into mine. if i got the money, i wish to swap one..mine now is 4g15 (g15b as stated at block) 8 valve carb...please sifoo2..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience