disklok

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mroctopus

Feb 21, 2006
anyone know which shop (name & contact, location) selling disklok in PJ/KL?

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
wat is disklok?give the correct speeling n briefly tell its description....

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I think it is a steering lock.

All steering locks are useless. The Thief just need to cut the steering wheel to steal the car.

mroctopus

Feb 21, 2006
acbc said:

All steering locks are useless. The Thief just need to cut the steering wheel to steal the car.
disklok is designed to cover the whole steering, hence, cutting is not going to work.

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/home.html
thatcam Cat-3 approved

seem nobody know about this product? weird.

mroctopus

Feb 21, 2006
gtishadowfax said:
waaa...good la this one..

anybody got M'sia's dealer contact number?
u can try to search in accessory shop (in SS15), most of them know what it is. if they don't have, you can always ask them to order. price is about RM450. i was quoted RM420 from one dealer in kepong, that's the lowest i can find.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
acbc said:

good luck cutting the disklok, would love to see you do it, i bet it'll be a sight to behold.

mroctopus: SS15 accessories shop? which one?

mroctopus

Feb 21, 2006
Doink said:
they can tow the car away?
Any security alarm will not prevent tow truck. however, that doesn't mean disklok ain't useful.

yes if you park in open area, and in places where nobody will see, like backlane (just to safe a few $ parking fee and take the risk??). for most shopping mall/office carpark, disklok provide great security, you dont expect a tow truck to enter shopping mall, towing the car away unspotted. the chances are, very slim.

so, suggest to park in car park with security and camera. another way, side parking your car, if they want to tow, they either have to tow away the front or the back of your car before they can tow yours! If no choice but only L-parking available, then park your car with head facing the wall and engage low / 1st gear (if you drive manual), and turn your wheel to either extreme left or right, and secure it with disklok. Make it almost impossible to tow..

ixeo, not sure the name, but most accessories shop will know about it. if they don't keep stock, they can order for you. If you know KK Lau accessories shop (just next to Tmn Bahagia LRT station), they have ready stock in grey color.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
does it come in many sizes?

but then again, steering locks, doesnt really stop the thieves... it merely delays the thieves...

No harm having one of those, dont put 100% hope on it.

mroctopus

Feb 21, 2006
zephyr3d said:
does it come in many sizes?

but then again, steering locks, doesnt really stop the thieves... it merely delays the thieves...

No harm having one of those, dont put 100% hope on it.

yupe.. in 3 sizes. agree, everything can be stolen provided the thief have enough time. no alarm/lock in the world is thief proof. i read somewhere, this thing delayed a European hi-tech professional thief for ~45 min during the test, benchmark against stoplock which is only 3min.

45 min is enough to demotive most thief. unless they really want your car and have lots of time to dismantle the lock, or they just simply tow your car away if they can.. so far, have not heard any stolen cases with disklok protection.

fofit

9,000 RPM
Mar 6, 2006
Hi

I suggest evey owner car install GSM based alarm.Because i just lost my car 3week ago.My car just packing front of public bank in USJ TAIPAI.

mroctopus

Feb 21, 2006
when the theft get into the car, they can dismantle anything including whatsoever alarm after towing away the car. There are cases where car with GPS/GSM alarm installed were stolen and never been discovered, althought it added security and recovery function. Hence, practise theft-safe parking, install mechanical lock, and with default alarm system, this is all we can do to defer the theft, hoping they will find another easier target.