Differences between super back and flat back thrust bearing TD05

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
I'm rebuilding my TD05..after looking some kit in the ebay..i found 2 different building kits.
1.Super back thrust bearing
2.Flat back thrust bearing

I'm not sure which one to choose..
may someone here can explain the differences between those 2 items..and if ok, what are the function actually??

bebolagalas T

Jul 18, 2007
I'm rebuilding my TD05..after looking some kit in the ebay..i found 2 different building kits.
1.Super back thrust bearing
2.Flat back thrust bearing

I'm not sure which one to choose..
may someone here can explain the differences between those 2 items..and if ok, what are the function actually??
what td05 u want to rebuilt? let me know which td05 u want to rebuilt maybe i can help u choose..

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
i'm rebuilding my evo III td05.Currently it's a modified turbo(18G), i bought from a friend claimed rebuilt by tong turbo...and then i saw a link selling a 25G compressor wheel..so i emailed the seller and ask do the kit(25G compressor wheel + compressor housing) pnp?and the seller replied that i need re-grind the housing so it can fit the 25G wheel and change my flat back thrust bearing to super back bearing..my concern is what are the differences between those two bearing??

bebolagalas T

Jul 18, 2007
i'm rebuilding my evo III td05.Currently it's a modified turbo(18G), i bought from a friend claimed rebuilt by tong turbo...and then i saw a link selling a 25G compressor wheel..so i emailed the seller and ask do the kit(25G compressor wheel + compressor housing) pnp?and the seller replied that i need re-grind the housing so it can fit the 25G wheel and change my flat back thrust bearing to super back bearing..my concern is what are the differences between those two bearing??
that main problem now is it already modified to 18g.. if the 18g run with flatback so u need change back to superback (ori 16g used it) ....if want to use 25g wheel la..
.. and of cause u need to porting the compressor wheel to fit a 25g wheel. the only diff between super and flat is the collar design n c/w design that all..cant mix it..coz will change entire dimension @compressor side

so the solution is.. buy bearing kit superback if want to upgrade to 25g wheel..and if u r using evo3 housing..be caution on housing wall..might too thin...or buy the 25g housing with 4 inch inlet (recomended)

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
that main problem now is it already modified to 18g.. if the 18g run with flatback so u need change back to superback (ori 16g used it) ....if want to use 25g wheel la..
.. and of cause u need to porting the compressor wheel to fit a 25g wheel. the only diff between super and flat is the collar design n c/w design that all..cant mix it..coz will change entire dimension @compressor side

so the solution is.. buy bearing kit superback if want to upgrade to 25g wheel..and if u r using evo3 housing..be caution on housing wall..might too thin...or buy the 25g housing with 4 inch inlet (recomended)

ok..good info..what about the turbine wheel side??f.y.i this setup will be use on 2.2L..having 16G turbine wheel on it seems like to small..i wonder if i change it to 20G wheel..can or can't??

bebolagalas T

Jul 18, 2007
ok..good info..what about the turbine wheel side??f.y.i this setup will be use on 2.2L..having 16G turbine wheel on it seems like to small..i wonder if i change it to 20G wheel..can or can't??
depend on u la bro..what u want...if 2.2L or even 2.4L still can use stock td05-16g...so if upgrade to 20g shouldnt be a problem..even gsr93 used 20g setup..:hmmmm:

then turbine wheel..same story with compressor wheel..can change to bigger turbine wheel...either td06sl2 or td06h.. it sound simple and easy but it not..:idea:

p/s: i want to let go Greedy t67-25g-8cm2...selling fast but it not cheap..hehe:burnout:

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
depend on u la bro..what u want...if 2.2L or even 2.4L still can use stock td05-16g...so if upgrade to 20g shouldnt be a problem..even gsr93 used 20g setup..:hmmmm:

then turbine wheel..same story with compressor wheel..can change to bigger turbine wheel...either td06sl2 or td06h.. it sound simple and easy but it not..:idea:

p/s: i want to let go Greedy t67-25g-8cm2...selling fast but it not cheap..hehe:burnout:
hahaha..thought it so..i saw one in the speedspinturbo..the ar60-1.how much does it cost??just asking..heheheh

bebolagalas T

Jul 18, 2007
hahaha..thought it so..i saw one in the speedspinturbo..the ar60-1.how much does it cost??just asking..heheheh
Bro which 60-1? 60-1 comes with various spec..so price also diff.. Wat i can say is for brand new garrett turbo price start rm2.8k and above..bb price start 3.8k and above..
:proud:

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
Bro which 60-1? 60-1 comes with various spec..so price also diff.. Wat i can say is for brand new garrett turbo price start rm2.8k and above..bb price start 3.8k and above..
:proud:
Garrett 60-1 Stage III..:love:..i don't really know about turbo..but what i'm looking for is more about 400-500hp...can achieve ar??hahahaha..please advice..and currently i'm running my engine on stock 16G..therefore..buying the garrett 60-1 might take sometime..

bebolagalas T

Jul 18, 2007
u might be able to run 60-1 even with the stock engine if u buy the 60-1 with bep housing..spool kick in around 3.8k rpm in stock vr4..!

u can go with stage 3 but i do prefer stage 4 p trim...

or..go for s256 dsm non ett..4g63 stock ? no problemmo...Pnp to stock manifold

boxcar_racer

Oct 3, 2007
u might be able to run 60-1 even with the stock engine if u buy the 60-1 with bep housing..spool kick in around 3.8k rpm in stock vr4..!

u can go with stage 3 but i do prefer stage 4 p trim...

or..go for s256 dsm non ett..4g63 stock ? no problemmo...Pnp to stock manifold
nice..ok..let me running my engine first..finish the "pantang" then i'' contact you..

:( Dudes, i am kinda new here. Need expert opinion. Well, I own a Wira 1.5 areoback. Planning to change my rims to 16 inch juz like Wira Areoback Special Editon. My frens advised me to change the Extractor to Putra 4/2/1 extractor and remove the cataylic converter and change the exhaust.... then there will be no prob in terms of pick up and speed it seems lah. Is this advisible ? And guys, i am gonna add in disk brake to replace the drum brake....do i have change the arm or can i get the...