Delay in Neo delivery

Jul 24, 2006
Hey peeps,

This is my virgin post in 0-100. Cool forum, wit lots of info. :shades_smile: . Anyway i'm due to receive my neo 1.6 somewhere next week, but was just inform by my dealer that proton is holding back delivery to fix some tech issues detected in the new car. Delivery could be delayed for another month.

Can anyone confirm this? thx whole whole lot

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
zthian alexklg collecte his. Tech issue? I think the sales man just try to find excuse to give you car later. maybe someone jump Q

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Yeah, most likely he gave the car to someone else because he paid under table. If there was a recall, it would be all over the papers.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i saw a few SNeo on the road adi ma...

i guess they are holding back the coming batch to fix some problem present in the newer batch.... to me, as long as they deliver a good and reliable car, i dont mind the delay.... what would u feel if ur brand new SNeo breakdown jz 2 days after receiving it and need to be towed back to kilang for a week??....

bobo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Klang Mali
agree with skywalker.. its better for them to really check n get the problem fix rather then later we have to go back 2 the factory...

zoomckng: i think maybe u can try asking other proton dealer n see if ther eis any prob with the car or delivery or not... if not u call proton straight ler..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
saw lots of neo on the road oledi...KK, Sabah and saw one involved in accident, quite serious damage few days back before i fly bc to kl...

but do they tel u wat tech problem tat they wanna solve?

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
i saw a Black Neo leh.....

i wanna ask something.....it is Neo exhaust kinda loud like LMST?

cause i saw 1 NEO tailgate me then cut me on left lane....man i am going to turn right......he expect me to go left give him pass and go back right lane?

quite lan c and loud exhaust

it is stock exhaust also loud liao or he straight mod when get car?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Definitely modified. Neo's exhaust is supposed to be quiet. Could it be the induction noise?

zoomckng

Jul 24, 2006
they didnt specify wat issues, just say delay in gettin the car.

they probably forgot to put some screws in, cos they just found a few bags of extra screws/bolts sitting in the proton plant. :_:

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
wait for 1.8 compressor wan la
neo r3
syok oh
hahhahaha

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
but, are they gonna come out with the 1.8 supercharged engine??.... the SNeo gonna be in production??...

i heard R3 had announced that they are producing the waja and gen2 R3 version for the market.... like the satria R3, its limited edition...

dub.helix

Known Member
May 19, 2006
Here's my story:

5 weeks ago finalized, sign and paid down payment for a 1.6 Neo (Red). The week after handed check for the remanding balance to pay (traded my wira), then was told by 3rd week the car would be ready for pick-up; also have paid tender for the car's registration number. By the end of the 2nd week got confirmation fr dealer the car's registration number i wanted "sudah dapat". Cool so far so good. On the 3rd week the dealer called asking if i would like to consider a diff color instead of red; he offered orange and grey saying its already there at the showroom and i can receive it immediately, i said NO i still prefer the red. Then he told me there's minor snag and the car would arrive next week (week 4) instead of this week, ok cool i can wait.

On the 4th week i called the dealer asking what's the status? he told me by the end of the week the car WILL be here. But he said the registration num i tendered...someone has taken it. (WTF?) "last time you told me you've got it..." all of a sudden it's gone? NVM then he asked would you prefer a selangor reg instead of w.p.? ....NVM. End of week 4 no news so i called again asking the status? he said "the car will be arriving in 2 weeks time......" excuse you? then he does his thing again "would you like to take the orange or grey instead" OK i'm irritated now. Week 5; dealer called saying if i want the car ASAP he is willing to go all the way down to Tanjung Malim to pick-up the car personally and drive it to my house for special delivery. By now i'm really dumb-founded.

Given the benifit of the fact, as a dealer atleast get your facts correct. If there is something wrong with the car then inform me so...instead of making empty promises.

Last edited:

drMpower

May 1, 2006
Q jumping is really serious problem nowadays. It can be very irritating mate. sorry to hear that helix...

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
people pay RM1k 'additional extra commission' to the sales man to jump Q

who will not accept?

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
can we direct deal with Proton ? dun wan thru dealer can ? coz they tend to be inrritating ..then when the car got problem ..they blame it to Proton and ask us to send it ourself ..wats the point having a dealer i also dunno ..