Corona TT141 Conversion

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Perdanalusuh

I had browsing around and I just wonder how many types of engine can be fit into the old corona... so far I know

3sfe, 3sge , 3sgte , 1g-gte , sr20det and rb20det.... else ?

Which one is more practical interms of

1.Fuel economy
2.Easy maintenance
3.Easy to get and cheap spareparts
4.Didn't need Albert Einstein to fix or mod the engine

And lastly how much does the halfcut will cost.

I just want to see if its worth to upgrade or not otherwise dump it and upgrade my Mazda 323 to B8 engine. As what I posted earlier... the car is just a spare car. I drive my V6tt for balik kampung and 323 for daily use...

Budget ??? Put it a side first coz I want to see my options... so all sifu please help...:_:

most of the 141's i ahve seen pasang 1JZGTE ..
1GGTE or 1GGZE ..err ... not my choice of engine laaa .. better take 3SGTE or RB20det if u wanna stick to 2.0 .. 2.5 nowadays abit susah coz JPJalan hard to get approval (means spending $$$$) ...

1G and 1J is six cylinder engines. You willl have to pay more to fit those engines in. 3S is more straighforward. But still need to do some modifications to mountings, long shaft, tunnel blah blah. And 3S from Altezza cost a lot. You can take 3S from celica but probably need 4WD version and need to convert to RWD and more jobs on the long shaft and axle.

Last i heard you could get an auto 1G for about 5K or less. 1J cost more. 3SGE was selling for RM7000?? I still recall 10K few years back.

But in the end, if you want to hit 2.0 cc only, then 3SGE/GTE or RB20 seems to be the choice.

You convert your 323 to B8 would cost RM7000 rite? My friend did it 2 years ago in a 210 body. I think you would spend the same amount on the corona. Anyway big power, needs chassis to work more. So gonna spend more. Putting 200hp on a car that uses only 100hp is crazy. Sure flex like hell.

4age 16v. go for that, powerfull for daily street use, fuel ok, low maintenace .

netmatrix said:
1G and 1J is six cylinder engines. You willl have to pay more to fit those engines in. 3S is more straighforward. But still need to do some modifications to mountings, long shaft, tunnel blah blah. And 3S from Altezza cost a lot. You can take 3S from celica but probably need 4WD version and need to convert to RWD and more jobs on the long shaft and axle.

Last i heard you could get an auto 1G for about 5K or less. 1J cost more. 3SGE was selling for RM7000?? I still recall 10K few years back.

But in the end, if you want to hit 2.0 cc only, then 3SGE/GTE or RB20 seems to be the choice.

You convert your 323 to B8 would cost RM7000 rite? My friend did it 2 years ago in a 210 body. I think you would spend the same amount on the corona. Anyway big power, needs chassis to work more. So gonna spend more. Putting 200hp on a car that uses only 100hp is crazy. Sure flex like hell.

Herm.... I think more or less all cars conversion are almost the same price... all depends on the engine. Well I usually do not drift or drag but at least the car must be fun to drive with.

They said RB20 dont have much aftermarket spare parts compared to SR20 but
SR20 engine cost more....

4age with corona... herm.... anybody had try this ???

toys

1jz manual halfcut rm <> rm5000... no idea if can do jpj approv,rear axle won't last. power response very good
1jz auto halfcut rm<>rm2500

1gte manual halfcut <>rm2800 ..jpj approv should be no problem, lack of power..problemmatic engine...old ready.

my idea...hybrid of 4age with 7a ..still maintain 1800cc.

try not install nissan engine ..into a toyota body....the car will be souless ...

OK.... let put the engine aside first... decide later on this.
Now come to the body and interior. I want to repaint the car from blue to black... no problem... but when it comes to the interior I wonder where I can make the restoration process... seat OK but dashboard , chrome metal outlining the body , the door panel and other parts all consider out.

I saw many show cars with interior cosmetic touch and I wonder where it can be done...

Do all this first and then only transplant.... what do you think...

For interior wrapping, i remember shamburke said that some car owners took their car to be rewrap in Thailand, because its much cheaper and workmanship is better.

Not sure about this shop you shown. but another alternative is to hook up with those show car guys and ask where they get theirs done. Some are sponsored by these shops.

I suggest you either repaint the trimmings or loose them and fiber over. Because they are hard to come by. I can still recall i saw some people go and steal these trimmings some time back from a corona too. But i think u better not.

Steel the trimming ??? I never thought of that... hehehe

Just drive the old Corona for goods delivery... fuel consumption is worse than my perdana v6tt... RM30 for 130km max... engine is lack of power and body is hevy... or I push the old engine to much... 100kmh - 120kmh at the highway.....hehhe

I was driving corona rt100 model..with 4age which i coverted 6 years ago, the halfcut came with 180000km milage....till last month i was still driving the car all around..kl...kedah,sepang track day, batu kawan drag event..the best part just pour petrol and wack only...Last month my staff borrowed my corona..the basket rammed the car with a saga which went total loss from the accident,..i was in tears coz this car means a lot for me & my family..its was my dad's 1st car back when he bought in 1980...
I'm looking for another corona rt100 body to use the parts..as my car is waiting for donor..and still the engine in good condition waiting to be reved .

The moral of the story....4age is the most reliable & most fun to play with and please don't give pinjam ur car to anybody!

RT is rare. It was running 18RG rite? Maaannn... that engine old timers like it so much. The common ones are TT series corona. Good luck in searching for the RT body parts.

Haaaa? Goods delivery only ah? Overhaul the old engine lor. Your engine single carb only right? But of course EFI engine save more fuel. Use 4AGE instead. Some more road tax 50% less. hahaha.

Body works nowdays are easy. Old cars are a snap to repaint. Old timer shops would know.

Coz the car is so dam slow and old... so use as a delivery car loh... if use my Perdana tt then people may think that I make tons of money oledi... : )

Last time the car cannot start... the workshop having though time to find the parts.

So 4AGE is highly recomended huh... urgh !!! I cant make up my mind.... my mom old mini or my Corona... the problem with the mini is you cant fit daihatsu engine or other japanese engine. Some use Vtec but rarely done here in Malaysia and 1.0 to 1.8 ???

Herm.... what you all think ?

One more thing... should I do engine transplant first and followed bt body work and interior or the other way round..

Do the paint first. When stripped you can patch up and weld all imperfections. Including the engine bay. Later only do transplant. If transplant first cannot work on engine bay area liao.

Mini not worth to transplant. Only for wow factor. If slightly tuned a mini is a good cornering machine. But else cannot run with the many machines nowdays. 1.0 only mah.

Hey bro !! I'm driving corona TT141 also in Sabah. I can give u some ideas to modify ur corona.

Firstly, go to re-paint ur car, 1 set of FR wheel (15" - 16"), 1 set of sit, rewrap the back sit, dashboard will be difficult abit. Original TT141 dashboard very difficult to get from chop shop...... in my hometown there, lot of ppl change the original dashboard to other car 1 as i know is Toyota Crown dashboard can fit into corona with little modify.

Secondly, do ur engine part. I highly recommend u put in 1jz into ur corona. Std 1jz engine fuel comsumption not so high (at least better than original 3T engine), spare part not hard to get also (in Sabah larr, KL i donno). 1jz engine very powerful and reliable also (do the maintenance 1st b4 put it into ur corona). Actually 1G also not bad, more easily to put it into ur corona engine bay and i can said that 1G engine are very reliable (bec i also using 1G, didn't face any big problems b4, Toyota engine are very reliable no need worry abt this) & 1G also hving very good output. RB20 engine very costly, spare part very difficult to find(in Sabah larr), very heavy engine and size is bigger/longer than 1jz. More difficult to put into corona engine bay. 4age 16v very good engine also, but corona very heavy not suitable of this engine and if using 4age 16v in corona FC must higher than KE70 with 4age 16v. Last engine that i can recommend u is CA-18DET. Price not high, very good output, FC not bad as well, reliable 2.

Bro, that all of my ideas........

Thanks... now at least I got some idea what to do.I got this habit which is never sell my old car when I got a new one. Now I ended up with 4 cars already. The corona only sent for service every six month and the millage not even reach 5k... seldom use this car coz it takes time to start the engine when the engine is cold. Just use this car if I want to sent big size goods to my customer or buy plant or other staff. This car is never been wash or clean.. I use it like a lorry.... : )

hi everybody.
perdanalusuh, so hows ur tt141 project going on?
i just got myself a tt141 today which was advertised in motortrader recently. i'm thinking of transplanting a 1g-gte myself. found a manual front halfcut for rm2.5k. only the front cut is available tho. whats the usual stuff that shud be included? (axle, rear disc brake, fuel tank???i dunno, i'm a newbie in rwd cars ;:cyclops:)
izzit a fair price for only the front cut?
anyway whats the average cost of transplanting a 1g in a tt141? my budget's kinda limited. any recommendations which workshops i can go to with a reasonable charge?
i really appreciate any answers. thanx:_:

Top Bottom