Cool Air good for Carburator???

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
as I see from caburator engine, the intake of the air got a pipe which is connected to the ezos piping area
and I think the purpose is to suck in hot air to the caburator is it???
then y we change to cool air??

i need convince!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Ya that hose for what??? i also donno...suck hot air arr???..
But now iswara no that hose 1 liao wohhh...just left tehhole at there.

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
i also donno!!!

any one know??

any one can convince?????????????

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
I asked this some time ago :( i don't really know what is the reason :( maybe somebody knows :)

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
mayb the 1st suction point is to take the cold air...then goes to 2nd hole which is connected to xhost 1 to cool em then onli goes into the carb and last...burned... juz my imagination lah...hahhaha

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
watever it is, an engine needs cold air in order make the burning process more efficient.

by making efficient burning, then u will have slightly better comsumption and better acceleration as fresh/cold air is goin in.

;)

ae92levin

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
hot air is to warm up the engine when its cold. stops taking hot air when engine is warm. its to warm up faster

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
then how we going to do it???
i think we can try to seal up the pipe connected to the ezos
??? <_<
don't really know

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
which pipe? the one for emision control or there's other pipe? my friend with a Honda civic AK told me his carb engine also got pipe like that he DIY the pipe to lead it to somewhere else without connecting and use something to stuck the hole in the air intake area.

he told me its just for emision control and he don't care about that, so just DIY remove it.

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
hahaha i am scratching my head for that design too..y they put the paip on top of the exhaust manifold..suck up hot air
i just took off the filter cover and let the filter element bogel aka DIY open port.well at nite is magnificient but hot weather is sluggish coz it suck some hot air too. generates chun suction sound even thought i using stock tiny exhaust..kaka ^_^

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
Originally posted by escaflowne@Dec 11 2004, 17:26
hahaha i am scratching my head for that design too..y they put the paip on top of the exhaust manifold..suck up hot air
i just took off the filter cover and let the filter element bogel aka DIY open port.well at nite is magnificient but hot weather is sluggish coz it suck some hot air too. generates chun suction sound even thought i using stock tiny exhaust..kaka ^_^
it wont do any good xcept 4 the sound s the air filter is sucking hot air near the engine...tat is y they need a heat shield 4 open pod to work more efficiently

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
that pipe coming out from the exhuast manifold is very useful for starting during very cold weather like during winter or sumthing

this is whats ive read before, somewhere but i cant remmeber
in overseas where the weather is cold, they use the pipe to get some hot air the car running in during cold weather as hot air is easier to burn, in cold countries la that is cause when starting the car in the morning, hot air helps mix the fuel better (dunno wether correct anot larr)

but in malaysia, its better if you do not use that as that would cause you having higher fuel consumption during hot afternoons and lower power, so IMHO is to remove it as its not important to use it here in Malaysia as the weather here is already hot liow....

IMHO larrr, please shoot me if im wrong....

my two cents larr anywayz...

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
For me CAI is only need if your carb or EFI is running on open pod since after engine heated up by intaking hot air will reduce your engine performance..

For instance if you drive a Iswara with original air filter you dunno to do CAI..what you might need just need to make sure you have the portion of airbox that connecting till to the mudguard...

Hope this help. Just my 2 cents.

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
i agree with gavan and ae92levin. that's the design from japan la..and put one whole engine in older proton cars without altering it.
it is for fast warming up in winter only. in malaysia, just pull out the pipe la..and seal

lix

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Visit site
Actually, the engine didn't always suck the hot air.... There is a device controlled by vaccum at your crab base. if is a proton engine, take out the air filter and u will see 2 small pcs of metal. These metal will bend according to temp. If temp is cold, the metal will no cover the hole and let vaccum possible and these will automatically lift up the flapper and draw the hot air from the extractor. When the air getting hotter, the metal will bend and close the hole and no vaccum alredy loh.... :blink:

Then the engine will automatically suck back cold air lah ...... end story :lol: :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Drove over to the Sepang International Circuit this past Sunday to cover a racing team for the upcoming Sepang 1000km race. So while I waited around for them to finish testing, I figured I might as well do a spot of picture taking of the rest of the cars there for the open track day. Didn't really have time to give it a 100% so if you were there and your car's not in this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience