Clutch Questions

rivers

Known Member
Hi All,

Need some feedback about clutches. I am driving a stock standard SR4 civic (except for a K&N filter). I think its about time i change my clutch. problem is, pickup seems a bit slow and engaging gears especially 3rd seem to be quite difficult and also noisy.

Is there any recommendation of clutch to use? Is daikin ok? was quoted RM 650 for a full set. Well if anyone can throw in their 2 cents, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Think the stock clutch is enough for a stock sr4..

anyway, if engaging gears are difficult, I'll check the linkage & thier bushing first.

Linkage? how do I check that? But i do feel that there is a loss of power when in gear, feels as though its taking a longer time for the car to pick up. Also, the car shudders when in gear...

if its a gear crunching during changing gears its the gearing.
if its a hardtime shift during changing gear, could be the synchros.
if you feel the loss of power and shuddering, its the clutch.

wear and tear.

hmm sounds like i have to change the whole GEARbox!!

hot engine means hot gearbox, get a better gearbox fluid. ha ha ha

hattech-v said:
what if the clutch only hard to engage when the engine getting hot?

i've change gearbox fluid so many time... oso same....
now thinking to use minyak masak seri murni...

10,000 posts is not far away. ahaks.

anyway metal expands with heat. so imagine engaging in hot weather with hot gear oil and hot gears.

hattech-v said:
i've change gearbox fluid so many time... oso same....
now thinking to use minyak masak seri murni...

J101 said:
10,000 posts is not far away. ahaks.

anyway metal expands with heat. so imagine engaging in hot weather with hot gear oil and hot gears.

yes.. now thinking to use ti-retainer b4 reaching 10k... kekeke

rivers said:
Hi All,

Need some feedback about clutches. I am driving a stock standard SR4 civic (except for a K&N filter). I think its about time i change my clutch. problem is, pickup seems a bit slow and engaging gears especially 3rd seem to be quite difficult and also noisy.

Is there any recommendation of clutch to use? Is daikin ok? was quoted RM 650 for a full set. Well if anyone can throw in their 2 cents, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

3rd gear - yeah that's the problem I faced too.

The thing is the clutch set is new was changed in 2003 ( ori SR 4 ).

J101 said:
if its a gear crunching during changing gears its the gearing.
if its a hardtime shift during changing gear, could be the synchros.
if you feel the loss of power and shuddering, its the clutch.

wear and tear.

Hrmm... my car seems to give off some sort of mechanical grinding sound when i shift to 4th gear during WOT runs. Only during 4th gear engagement... but during normal driving, there is no sound when engaging 4th gear. Is it me or something mechanically wrong?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom