Civic radiator

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Not unless he's the sort who warms up his engine slowly .. like 10 minutes before each drive
i do that most of the time. i always see people post saying that it's unnecessary to warm up the car. is it true?
anyway since my stepper motor now is working fine, i would usually just start and drive off after a 2 mins or so.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
adjusted ? what do you mean by that? top overhaul?

where can i do this? how much does it cost?
top overhaul usually depends on what need to be change. eg valves, tappets (lifters), etc.
the price range around RM900-RM1300, again, depending on the parts. some shop just use OEM parts, so it's cheap. some use original parts, so it'll cost slightly more. some will never tell u what genuine parts they use and just charge u like ori. ahahahaha

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
cannot. can only add shim to reduce it. but best is to change the lifters or do top overhaul while you're at it..
My VR also run on hydraulic lifters, even 5w40 don't quiet them down, now using 15w40 HDEO have quieten them a lot.......lol

Reactions: sanekit

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
top overhaul usually depends on what need to be change. eg valves, tappets (lifters), etc.
the price range around RM900-RM1300, again, depending on the parts. some shop just use OEM parts, so it's cheap. some use original parts, so it'll cost slightly more. some will never tell u what genuine parts they use and just charge u like ori. ahahahaha
actually thought of doing top overhaul last time, but wasnt sure it will solve the engine noise problem or not..if need full overhaul, i think need 3k ba?

not planning to drive the car too long (plan to sel it), thats why still deciding whether to do anything for the engine

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
actually thought of doing top overhaul last time, but wasnt sure it will solve the engine noise problem or not..if need full overhaul, i think need 3k ba?

not planning to drive the car too long (plan to sel it), thats why still deciding whether to do anything for the engine
change the lifters, problem solve. while you're at it, do top overhaul (grind-valve, clean the port, change head gasket, change all the oil seals/valve seal).

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
change the lifters, problem solve. while you're at it, do top overhaul (grind-valve, clean the port, change head gasket, change all the oil seals/valve seal).
Once open up, see not right, usually will change. But if if carries on, the bill could be quite hefty.......lol

Reactions: sanekit

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Likewise, have a Hyundai and is smoking white smoke. Using 20w50 and a bottle of no smoke to run. Car seldom use and not worth much. If overhaul the bill could be quite huge so not sure want to do or not.......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all, i got one problem cant solve that is when i drive around 120 onward my car are vibrating. And i have already done the balancing. what's the problem left ? Can any one tell me ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience